SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #490 - 27/09/2024

Question 1: How many "Friends" cast members had first names starting with the same letter as their character's first name?

Three of the main cast members of Friends had first names starting with the same letter as their character's name: Matt LeBlanc (Joey), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), and Matthew Perry (Chandler). The other three main cast members were Jennifer Aniston (Rachel), Courteney Cox (Monica) and David Schwimmer (Ross).

Question 2: Why is Parmigiano-Reggiano known as the "King of Cheeses"?

Parmigiano-Reggiano, often called Parmesan, is known as the "King of Cheeses" due to its rich, complex flavor that's fruity, nutty, and savory all at once. It also has a distinct granular texture that sets it apart from other cheeses. The cheese is made from high-quality milk and aged for a minimum of 12 months, contributing to its superior taste and texture.

Question 3: In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who is the brother of Thor?

Loki, the God of Mischief, is Thor's adoptive brother and a recurring character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though initially a villain, Loki's character arc has seen him occasionally ally with Thor and the Avengers.

Question 4: In our solar system, which planet is known for its distinctive rings?

Saturn's rings are made up of countless ice particles, rocks, and dust. These rings extend up to 175,000 miles (282,000 km) from the planet's surface, but are only about 30 feet (10 meters) thick on average. The rings were first observed by Galileo Galilei in 1610, but it was Dutch astronomer Christiaan Huygens who identified them as a disk around the planet in 1655.

Question 5: What does CSS stand for in web development?

CSS, which stands for Cascading Style Sheets, is a stylesheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in HTML or XML. It allows web developers to control the layout, colors, fonts and other visual aspects of web pages separate from the content and structure defined by HTML.

Question 6: When an object's velocity is zero, what is this an example of?

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its velocity. This includes changes to the object's speed, or direction of motion. An aspect of this property is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at a constant speed, when no forces act upon them.

Question 7: What is the term for the inner layer of fabric used to line a garment?

Lining is a layer of fabric sewn inside a garment to conceal seams, add comfort, and improve the drape and appearance of the outer fabric. It can also protect the wearer from irritating fabrics or add warmth to a garment.

Question 8: How did the legendary King Arthur die according to the tales?

According to Arthurian legend, King Arthur was mortally wounded by his traitorous nephew Mordred during the Battle of Camlann. He was then taken to the Isle of Avalon, where he either died or entered a magical sleep to await the time when Britain would need him again.

Question 9: What is the name of the colorful, annually celebrated Hindu festival that signifies the victory of good over evil?

Holi is a popular ancient Hindu festival, also known as the "Festival of Spring", the "Festival of Colors", or the "Festival of Love". The festival signifies the triumph of good over evil. It is celebrated by people throwing colored powder and water at each other, having parties, and dancing under water sprinklers.

Question 10: Where was the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?

Mozart was born on January 27, 1756, in Salzburg, which at the time was part of the Holy Roman Empire. Salzburg is now a city in Austria, known for its baroque architecture and as the birthplace of one of the most influential composers of the Classical period.

You got answers correct

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
😸 Wowee! Good to find the old memory still works sometimes.
Q1 =complete guess
Q7 isn’t simple when A, C &D are all inner fabrics.
👍 🍷🥳

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
😸 Wowee! Good to find the old memory still works sometimes.
Q1 =complete guess
Q7 isn’t simple when A, C &D are all inner fabrics.
👍 🍷🥳
"AH NEVERFAIL" you smashed it again.
Thou art the ORACLE😺😺

You people are on drugs, The Friends question makes no sense how does Matt LeBlanc (Joey), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), and Matthew Perry (Chandler) first name start with the same letter as their character name
Excellent question. Terrible show. It’s a 🇺🇸 sitcom so of course it doesn’t make sense.

You people are on drugs, The Friends question makes no sense how does Matt LeBlanc (Joey), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), and Matthew Perry (Chandler) first name start with the same letter as their character name
Great question! What are their surnames? I just guessed (as happens often with some unmatching Q&A.

So - me again - How is question 1 answer C - becuase even in the answer given by the composer I cannot see how any of the characters names begin with the same letter as the actors who play them. Or am I reading the question wrong?

Question 9: so Holi according to google is "
Holi is a Hindu festival that celebrates spring, love, and new life. Some families hold religious ceremonies, but for many Holi is more a time for fun. It's a colourful festival, with dancing, singing and throwing of powder paint and coloured water. Holi is also known as the "festival of colours".

While Diwali is "
Diwali is derived from the word “Deepavali,” which means “a row of lights.” Celebrants light rows of traditional clay oil lamps outside their homes to symbolize the victory of light over darkness and knowledge over ignorance.

The question asks
"What is the name of the colorful, annually celebrated Hindu festival that signifies the victory of good over evil?"

I chose Diwali because I thought by my understanding of victory of light over darkness related more to victory of good over evil than having a fun colourful festival. I admit I am a bit bewildered because the question has 2 answers depending on which part of the question you consider the most important part.

What are your thoughts