I agree. The compiler of the questions has evidently confused the two festivals and presented us with a mixed definition. I selected Holi here because the first adjective and implied emphasis in the question is ‘colour’, although the second statement of the ‘good over evil’ would imply Diwali, as you say. One of the fun aspects of the SDC Trivia I find is the chance to quibble with the US compiler. 😁

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN QUESTION ONE. The names listed do not start with the same letter of their characters. Or am I missing something?
I am puzzled also.. Have read the question time and again, came up with 0 names correspond, so thought for some reason I am reading it wrong.

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 1: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
😸 Wowee! Good to find the old memory still works sometimes.
Q1 =complete guess
Q7 isn’t simple when A, C &D are all inner fabrics.
👍 🍷🥳
LEGEND.!!!!👍💯

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 8: 🟥

Question 3 - In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who is the brother of Thor?

Sorry, but the question should read "In Norse mythology, who is the brother of Thor?" Get rid of Hollywood references to something that has been around for nearly 1000 years!

Question 6 - When an object's velocity is zero, what is this an example of?

Answer A is the least grossly incorrect option. Anyone with even a basic knowledge of mechanics would shake their head at this question!

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #490
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
The correct answer to Q1 is “zero”. Those who answered correctly should add on another point.
So - me again - How is question 1 answer C - becuase even in the answer given by the composer I cannot see how any of the characters names begin with the same letter as the actors who play them. Or am I reading the question wrong?

Question 9: so Holi according to google is "
Holi is a Hindu festival that celebrates spring, love, and new life. Some families hold religious ceremonies, but for many Holi is more a time for fun. It's a colourful festival, with dancing, singing and throwing of powder paint and coloured water. Holi is also known as the "festival of colours".

While Diwali is "
Diwali is derived from the word “Deepavali,” which means “a row of lights.” Celebrants light rows of traditional clay oil lamps outside their homes to symbolize the victory of light over darkness and knowledge over ignorance.

The question asks
"What is the name of the colorful, annually celebrated Hindu festival that signifies the victory of good over evil?"

I chose Diwali because I thought by my understanding of victory of light over darkness related more to victory of good over evil than having a fun colourful festival. I admit I am a bit bewildered because the question has 2 answers depending on which part of the question you consider the most important part.

What are your thoughts
I agree with you @NoNoNoNoNoNo. You are correct on both points. I chose the same as you.

Question 6: 🟥

#1….❌ dare I say what “b….y” planet was the compiler of this question from….the correct answer is 0
#6….❌ this happens when you jump in without reading the complete question!!

So to all who have answered #1 as B you are indeed correct ✅ give yourself an extra point, no questions asked…
Dare I say this happens all too often!!!!

Thinking while I am away on holidays for three weeks, I’ll give SDC a holiday too 😊😊

#1….❌ dare I say what “b….y” planewas the compiler of this question from….the correct answer is 0

So to all who have answered #1 as B you are indeed correct ✅ give yourself an extra point, no questions asked…

Thinking while I am away on holidays for three weeks, I’ll give SDC a holiday too 😊😊
Enjoy your holiday😉🥳

Reactions: BeautifulMousey

#1….❌ dare I say what “b….y” planet was the compiler of this question from….the correct answer is 0

You will be sincerely missed!

Reactions: magpie1