Royal Lodge security change raises questions about future arrangements

In a move that has sent ripples through the royal household and beyond, King Charles has made a decision that could have implications for the security of the royal family and the standards expected within the monarchy.

The King has reportedly dismissed the private security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, which has sparked widespread speculation and concern.

Prince Andrew, embroiled in controversy following his association with the late Jeffrey Epstein, has been under new pressure to vacate his opulent Royal Lodge home.

According to reports from The Sun, King Charles informed the ten-man security detail that their contracts would not be renewed in October.

1724032396451.png
King Charles dismissed the security guard at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge, urging him to leave the property. Credit: Shutterstock

‘They are all working the final weeks of their contract till the end of October. It’s not thought anyone is being lined up to replace them,’ the source said.

‘Everyone is speculating this means the Duke will have to leave the Royal Lodge because what other reason could there be to take his security away?’

This decision comes amidst rumours that Prince Andrew has resisted calls to downsize from the 31-room mansion.

The Royal Lodge, valued at an astonishing $56 million, has been Prince Andrew's residence since 2004 when he signed a 75-year lease.

However, since the Epstein scandal surfaced in 2019, there have been calls for Andrew to face eviction.

Furthermore, it has been reported that he needs to pay more attention to the $754,000 annual maintenance payments required for the property.

King Charles, who has financially supported his brother since Prince Andrew's Met Police protection was revoked, has contributed a hefty $7.6 million a year to keep him afloat.

This latest move by the King suggests tightening the purse strings and possibly pushing for Prince Andrew to leave the Royal Lodge.

The timing of the security team's dismissal is particularly noteworthy, as it follows reports that Prince Andrew has refused to move into the smaller Frogmore Cottage, which Prince Harry previously occupied before his departure in June 2023.

This has led to speculation that removing security could be a tactic to encourage the Duke of York to reconsider his living arrangements.

As the royal family gathers at Balmoral Castle for a family occasion, with Prince Andrew in attendance, it's clear that discussions about the future are on the horizon.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are absent from the guest list, further highlighting the ongoing tensions within the royal family.

Andrew has been characterised as a ‘recluse,’ rarely leaving Royal Lodge since December.

‘Andrew has hardly left Royal Lodge since Christmas, so he’s very much looking forward to getting away with the rest of the family at Balmoral,’ a source shared.

‘The King is keen for it to be a happy family occasion, which will see family members come together for just over a week to discuss plans for the future and unwind.’
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles has dismissed the security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, putting pressure on Andrew to vacate the property.
  • Disgraced Prince Andrew faces eviction from his A$56 million Royal Lodge home amid controversies surrounding his association with Jeffrey Epstein.
  • Prince Andrew has been neglecting the required annual maintenance payments for the property, while King Charles has been financially supporting him.
  • There is speculation that removing security might indicate that Prince Andrew will have to leave Royal Lodge, although he reportedly resists moving to a smaller residence.
Join the conversation below and share your views on security, responsibility, and the royal family's latest developments.

Sponsored
Of course not idiot. Are you a rock spider?
I suggested you were the rock spider many posts ago
So you condone pedophilia? You exhibit every indication of being a rock spider apologist for your precious Punce Andrew and his partners in crime, the obnoxious Ghislaine Maxwell and deservedly deceased Jeffrey Epstein.

Defend those lowlifes as much as you like. You will find that 99.99% of people are against you. I see your throngs of "friends" are here to support you in your hollow argument! That would be a nice round number - ZERO!
Short memory?

Reactions: DLHM
I suggested you were the rock spider many posts ago

Short memory?
So this is about me not responding to your outrageous post. What are you trying to prove? I did not even see your stupid post. Unlike you I have better things to do than glue myself to a chair, stalking people on the internet and trolling posts. You accusing me of being a rock spider? Prove it!!!! I loathe rock spiders. My defense of Prince Andrew stems from the fact that he could not be proven guilty in a court of law. Personally I don't like the man but I cannot stand by and see anybody continue to be accused with zero evidence. Present some solid evidence and I will agree with you. He might even be convicted. Until then when you are rotting in prison for something you didn't do, I will laugh at you. I am convinced that you are a rock spider.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Veggiepatch
So this is about me not responding to your outrageous post. What are you trying to prove? I did not even see your stupid post. Unlike you I have better things to do than glue myself to a chair, stalking people on the internet and trolling posts. You accusing me of being a rock spider? Prove it!!!! I loathe rock spiders. My defense of Prince Andrew stems from the fact that he could not be proven guilty in a court of law. Personally I don't like the man but I cannot stand by and see anybody continue to be accused with zero evidence. Present some solid evidence and I will agree with you. He might even be convicted. Until then when you are rotting in prison for something you didn't do, I will laugh at you. I am convinced that you are a rock spider.
Bwwwaaahhhhh!!!

• Haha
Reactions: I'm Mal
Mal says he didn’t see your earlier post calling him a rock spider. Yeah right. A defensive statement.
If thinking that makes you feel better about yourself then sure, knock yourself out. I have told you rock spiders a number of times, I care not even a modicum what you say or think about me.

As we are both married & on different sides of Australia............... You go figure. 🖕
I have become very disappointed in the past two days with this forum. Firstly l was pulled apart because some one disagreed with my opinion, now this childess rot. Ezzy and I were in agreement of the subject matter. So please don't cause any unneeded distress to Ezzy or myself.
I thought at the ages we all are people could conduct themselves a lot better.
Silly me.
Vicki

I have become very disappointed in the past two days with this forum. Firstly l was pulled apart because some one disagreed with my opinion, now this childess rot. Ezzy and I were in agreement of the subject matter. So please don't cause any unneeded distress to Ezzy or myself.
Silly me.
Vicki
You are correct in what you have said Bella. Very disappointing.
There are are few members here who do not contribute any useful comments on SDC.
The only thing they do is find criticism with the statements of certain members on a daily basis.
Have they nothing better to do with their time?

Reactions: Marilynne
Silly me.
Vicki

You are correct in what you have said Bella. Very disappointing.
There are are few members here who do not contribute any useful comments on SDC.
The only thing they do is find criticism with the statements of certain members on a daily basis.
Have they nothing better to do with their time?
I could not agree more. I truly enjoyed reading the stories ECT each day. I thought l was contributing in a honest sensible way. I have been totally disappointed, hurt and angry with certain people on the forum the past couple of days. I was a person who bowed down as a younger person and put up with a lot of rubbish by people who could see l was an easy touch. Now l shall call out bad behaviour towards myself and other people who l feel are being disrespected. If this dreadful behaviour keeps up towards me l shall unsubscribe. Not that anyone will care and that is fine. My daughter warned me, be careful mum. I said we are all older people surely there won't be any nasty people. Oh what a fool l am. Most of the people l have found have been terrific, but just a couple of bad apples can really spoil a good thing. Well the one who shouts the loudest is the most defeated. I truly appreciate the kind folks who gave me their lovely thoughts and words. And support.
Please let us all act like adults and contribute to each other in a kind helpful way. If nothing nice to say say nothing.
Kind regards to all Vicki

I could not agree more. I truly enjoyed reading the stories ECT each day. I thought l was contributing in a honest sensible way. I have been totally disappointed, hurt and angry with certain people on the forum the past couple of days. I was a person who bowed down as a younger person and put up with a lot of rubbish by people who could see l was an easy touch. Now l shall call out bad behaviour towards myself and other people who l feel are being disrespected. If this dreadful behaviour keeps up towards me l shall unsubscribe. Not that anyone will care and that is fine. My daughter warned me, be careful mum. I said we are all older people surely there won't be any nasty people. Oh what a fool l am. Most of the people l have found have been terrific, but just a couple of bad apples can really spoil a good thing. Well the one who shouts the loudest is the most defeated. I truly appreciate the kind folks who gave me their lovely thoughts and words. And support.
Please let us all act like adults and contribute to each other in a kind helpful way. If nothing nice to say say nothing.
Kind regards to all Vicki
I was told by admin to use the ignore button for some that I found to be too raunchy