Royal Lodge security change raises questions about future arrangements

In a move that has sent ripples through the royal household and beyond, King Charles has made a decision that could have implications for the security of the royal family and the standards expected within the monarchy.

The King has reportedly dismissed the private security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, which has sparked widespread speculation and concern.

Prince Andrew, embroiled in controversy following his association with the late Jeffrey Epstein, has been under new pressure to vacate his opulent Royal Lodge home.

According to reports from The Sun, King Charles informed the ten-man security detail that their contracts would not be renewed in October.

1724032396451.png
King Charles dismissed the security guard at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge, urging him to leave the property. Credit: Shutterstock

‘They are all working the final weeks of their contract till the end of October. It’s not thought anyone is being lined up to replace them,’ the source said.

‘Everyone is speculating this means the Duke will have to leave the Royal Lodge because what other reason could there be to take his security away?’

This decision comes amidst rumours that Prince Andrew has resisted calls to downsize from the 31-room mansion.

The Royal Lodge, valued at an astonishing $56 million, has been Prince Andrew's residence since 2004 when he signed a 75-year lease.

However, since the Epstein scandal surfaced in 2019, there have been calls for Andrew to face eviction.

Furthermore, it has been reported that he needs to pay more attention to the $754,000 annual maintenance payments required for the property.

King Charles, who has financially supported his brother since Prince Andrew's Met Police protection was revoked, has contributed a hefty $7.6 million a year to keep him afloat.

This latest move by the King suggests tightening the purse strings and possibly pushing for Prince Andrew to leave the Royal Lodge.

The timing of the security team's dismissal is particularly noteworthy, as it follows reports that Prince Andrew has refused to move into the smaller Frogmore Cottage, which Prince Harry previously occupied before his departure in June 2023.

This has led to speculation that removing security could be a tactic to encourage the Duke of York to reconsider his living arrangements.

As the royal family gathers at Balmoral Castle for a family occasion, with Prince Andrew in attendance, it's clear that discussions about the future are on the horizon.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are absent from the guest list, further highlighting the ongoing tensions within the royal family.

Andrew has been characterised as a ‘recluse,’ rarely leaving Royal Lodge since December.

‘Andrew has hardly left Royal Lodge since Christmas, so he’s very much looking forward to getting away with the rest of the family at Balmoral,’ a source shared.

‘The King is keen for it to be a happy family occasion, which will see family members come together for just over a week to discuss plans for the future and unwind.’
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles has dismissed the security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, putting pressure on Andrew to vacate the property.
  • Disgraced Prince Andrew faces eviction from his A$56 million Royal Lodge home amid controversies surrounding his association with Jeffrey Epstein.
  • Prince Andrew has been neglecting the required annual maintenance payments for the property, while King Charles has been financially supporting him.
  • There is speculation that removing security might indicate that Prince Andrew will have to leave Royal Lodge, although he reportedly resists moving to a smaller residence.
Join the conversation below and share your views on security, responsibility, and the royal family's latest developments.

Sponsored
I learnt a new word this week "Co*womble. 'Cock womble' is derogatory British slang for a person, usually male, who is prone to making outrageously stupid statements and-or inappropriate behaviour while having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance. definition: A foolish or obnoxious person. Remind you of anyone?

Haha, I didn't know that.
Sums up well. Very apt description.

Reactions: DLHM
I learnt a new word this week "Co*womble. 'Cock womble' is derogatory British slang for a person, usually male, who is prone to making outrageously stupid statements and-or inappropriate behaviour while having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance. definition: A foolish or obnoxious person. Remind you of anyone?
You’ve hit the nail on the head @Marilynne!
Now I’ve learnt a new word as well. Yep! That describes the SDC Cock Womble perfectly.

Here is a clinical explanation for @I'm Mal's behaviour. From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is defined as comprising a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), a constant need for admiration, and a lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by the presence of at least 5 of the following 9 criteria:
  • A grandiose sense of self-importance
  • A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
  • A need for excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement
  • Interpersonally exploitive behavior
  • A lack of empathy
  • Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her
  • A demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviors or attitudes

Don't be so stupid. It is clear that you would believe anything. Probably jealous of those with wealth.

Bella's remarks about Prince Andrew are uncalled for and I called her out on it. You can mind your own business.

Bella's remarks about Prince Andrew are uncalled for and I called her out on it. You can mind your own business.
And you know what you can do!. You've lost everyone is against you and l'm sorry to say you sound like a very sad person.

Really says who ! Who do you think you are? People have their opinions just like you and their views need to be respected.
oh, so my views don't matter and don't need to be respected but everyone else's do? I s that what you reckon?

You are very welcome. You might work very hard to not be judgmental but not very well in this case. You can believe whatever you like but that does not make it fact. False accusations are plentiful via the media but that does not make anyone guilty. Do you know for a fact that he has done very evil things or do you just accept the media gossip? Do you want him to be guilty just because he is a man? Do you want him to be guilty because he was accused by a woman? Are you a misandrist? It is very sad that you feel so angry towards Prince Andrew who you have never met and only know what you believe from the media. I personally have no feeling whatsoever about you.
Now, Now, Children. Please Play Nicely !

Care to name the SDC member in this thread with multiple accounts?

You abject tosswad!

Hey VP,
I think he's just given himself away.
Reckon I've nailed him, the multi-account user. His recent name.

It's the language to you and the sooky faux hurt on display in his response to Ebby. The puerile attempts at justifying his attacks. Like a finger print. This has been done to you before VP, and others you have defended.

IF I'm right, this was a deliberate attack, and possibly, not necessarily aimed at Vicki. But the distress it caused her ought not to be left unaccountable. His arguments against her were/are a sham, fake, a pretence. Too weak to defend in a logical way. I was suspicious from the getgo.

IF I'm wrong, I'll tuck any paranoia back in my pants, and be condemned as nothing but a goose. No other harm done. But I'd be willing to back myself and chuck a few shekels on the ground. Worth making a possible goose of myself if there's a crack at stopping the nonsense that some ladies have to put up with now and in the past. Mind you I reckon they're pretty handy at taking care of themselves. Oi.

Have a think about it VP. Strife in the past. Bloke who can't let go. Cunning as a shit house rat. Good ladies that needed defending in our eyes, but maybe not theirs. That's his m.o. How he gets his destructive jollies off.

Maybe you already know who, wouldn't surprise me at all. If you can't make a connection, I'll shut my gob and chew on some humble pie.

I'll do a bit more research. Talk to you in a day. It could take a day as the cuddly one has given me priority orders. She who must be obeyed irrespective.

To the nasty game player, run now. Clocks ticking.

Hey VP,
I think he's just given himself away.
Reckon I've nailed him, the multi-account user. His recent name.

It's the language to you and the sooky faux hurt on display in his response to Ebby. The puerile attempts at justifying his attacks. Like a finger print. This has been done to you before VP, and others you have defended.

IF I'm right, this was a deliberate attack, and possibly, not necessarily aimed at Vicki. But the distress it caused her ought not to be left unaccountable. His arguments against her were/are a sham, fake, a pretence. Too weak to defend in a logical way. I was suspicious from the getgo.

IF I'm wrong, I'll tuck any paranoia back in my pants, and be condemned as nothing but a goose. No other harm done. But I'd be willing to back myself and chuck a few shekels on the ground. Worth making a possible goose of myself if there's a crack at stopping the nonsense that some ladies have to put up with now and in the past. Mind you I reckon they're pretty handy at taking care of themselves. Oi.

Have a think about it VP. Strife in the past. Bloke who can't let go. Cunning as a shit house rat. Good ladies that needed defending in our eyes, but maybe not theirs. That's his m.o. How he gets his destructive jollies off.

Maybe you already know who, wouldn't surprise me at all. If you can't make a connection, I'll shut my gob and chew on some humble pie.

I'll do a bit more research. Talk to you in a day. It could take a day as the cuddly one has given me priority orders. She who must be obeyed irrespective.

To the nasty game player, run now. Clocks ticking.
I don't give a rats what any of you 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 think or say about me. I made my point hours ago. Prince Andrew did not deserve the vitriol that was thrown at him. No distress to Bella intended.

All the 🦬:poop: since then has just been entertainment value and was meted out once DHs started to poke their noses in and unleash their immature entitlement on me. I like to throw a bucket full of ball bearings up on a corrugated iron roof to see which drain pipes they come rattling out of. All of you🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 have been gullible enough to fall for it. This is not even the real world, it is a 🦬 :poop:forum that matters nought. Not interested in any more 🦬:poop: from you. Feel free to ignore me, in fact it would be great if you do Then I won't have to put up with your childish responses.

I shall fine tooth the thread and see if I can make a connection through the style of syntax used. So what you may be saying is that he has set up on alt account, only to abuse it in some sort of convoluted way to justify his "cause". I have seen the same behaviour previously in other forums.

Nice investigative work JF!

I don't give a rats what any of you 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 think or say about me. I made my point hours ago. Prince Andrew did not deserve the vitriol that was thrown at him. No distress to Bella intended.

All the 🦬:poop: since then has just been entertainment value and was meted out once DHs started to poke their noses in and unleash their immature entitlement on me. I like to throw a bucket full of ball bearings up on a corrugated iron roof to see which drain pipes they come rattling out of. All of you🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 have been gullible enough to fall for it. Not interested in any more 🦬:poop: from you. Feel free to ignore me, in fact it would be great if you do Then I won't have to put up with your childish responses.
He who cast the first stone.

Or some sort of religious rubbish....

Do you condone pedophilia?