REVEALED: The THREE INGREDIENTS to make your towels soft and snuggly again WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT

REVEALED: The THREE INGREDIENTS to make your towels soft and snuggly again WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT
Doing laundry is one of the household chores that many of us dread. Towels in particular are extremely hard to get clean — you need to put a lot of time and effort to get rid of stains and make them soft and snuggly again.

If you're one of those people who are struggling to rejuvenate your towels, don't worry, social media star Carolina McCauley has got you covered!

The Perth mum-of-two, who became a social media sensation for her 'home hacks' videos, has revealed the secret to washing your towels.

Credit: TikTok/@carolina.mccauley

Carolina swears by the combination of laundry detergent, white vinegar, and baking soda to restore the original texture of her towels when washing.

Her video begins with Carolina advising her viewers to wash the towels separately.

She then places a towel inside a washing machine and adds half a cup of baking soda to it.

Next, she adds an equal mix of laundry detergent and white vinegar to the wash.

Carolina says that white vinegar helps with texture, noting that it contains properties that can brighten and soften the material, as opposed to fabric softeners which usually contain harsh, dangerous chemicals.

The mum also advises others to 'go easy on the laundry detergent'.

Finally, Carolina set the washing machine to medium heat and let the towel wash in it. Repeat the process with the remaining towels.

l2yMAOGpcIFJyuTXH2Nf82P1cTsz3D44RSSaMp6oAjFKszoJIz2cDh06yISbNA4On-OakhZs9URqHqApVBOfgpFlCrJyqw21S3Zs9BumNJ8NgIkXMN4F6mVVLstQZHq7qoX9HW0
MA00pTDG26bhsVcIE0KcvRP8XRftPLfWxgRvCdqvZmf9Zfcxo6SQCwsssjdz59ta95pkn1btYUucnJfN11azJxi9D8ufAd31gT45jVbBuWQDsgfGSOTy_HMJrpKslCXKJCRbIM0

The mum-of-two said that she swears by the combination of laundry detergent, white vinegar, and baking soda to make her towels soft and snuggly again. Credit: TikTok/@carolina.mccauley.

The video was met with praise from the TikTok community, with many saying that the hack instantly made their towels soft.

One user wrote: 'The white vinegar neutralises the soda.'

'Yeah you should never use fabric softener on your towels,' added another.

Do you know of any other laundry washing hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!

Sponsored
I want to know how this goes in a front loader, if I put even a skereck too much powder it comes out of the soap dispensor drawer all down the side of the machine.. I like the idea of washing with baking soda but add the vinegar and that would froth too much for my machine.:(

I have always (58 yrs married) used fabric softener and it has not harmed my towels. I actually put them in the dryer for a few minutes when dry or almost dry and they fluff up beautifully. Have had the same towels for over 20 years....believe that or not, up to you.

Reactions: Julie1 and Ricci
If the 'vinegar neutralises the soda', what's the point of adding them in the first instance? I use vinegar instead of fabric softener for 99.5% of my laundry. The best part about the vinegar, is that one does not have to battle that yucky softener build-up in the dispenser tray.

I cold wash, and everything goes in together, front loader so no opening once program has started. Following a recent tip I've tried using white vinegar as a softener, so far jury is out. :p

Reactions: Ros5455
I cold wash, and everything goes in together, front loader so no opening once program has started. Following a recent tip I've tried using white vinegar as a softener, so far jury is out. :p
Would love to know when the verdict is in.:)

• Haha
Reactions: Xe
Like Dot above, I’ve been married a long time 57 years. I dry my towels and bath mats the normal way and I use softener. However when they are dry I put them in the dryer on Cold, so it’s not using a lot of electricity. Set the timer for an hour and always am left with soft fluffy towels and bath mats.

Reactions: Barbh
Not sure if someone's mentioned these 2 points yet
1- in video writer only puts baking soda in with laundry & washing liquid plus vinegar go in appropriate dispensing slots of machine.
2- since vinegar does not enter machine till full rinse cycle starts there is little if any bicarb being neutalizes.
In neutalizing there is a bit of foaming with these 2 products that is recommended by folks using both to clear blocked or & stinky drains.

Will try adding bi-carb soda next wash day as hubbies jeans/pants get really grubby.

Reactions: Julie1
If the 'vinegar neutralises the soda', what's the point of adding them in the first instance? I use vinegar instead of fabric softener for 99.5% of my laundry. The best part about the vinegar, is that one does not have to battle that yucky softener build-up in the dispenser tray.
That's what I do, vinegar in the softener tray.

Reactions: Ros5455 and KatKop
I want to know how this goes in a front loader, if I put even a skereck too much powder it comes out of the soap dispensor drawer all down the side of the machine.. I like the idea of washing with baking soda but add the vinegar and that would froth too much for my machine.:(
Watching the video I saw that Caroline put the baking soda on the towels in her front loader.
She then put the clothes washing liquid in one dispenser and the white vinegar in the other dispenser.
I can’t say if the baking soda would “froth-up”, I have a front loader washing machine but it’s in storage for reasons to long to explain why.
I use a top loader machine at the moment, it has a liquid/powder dispenser but I use clothes washing liquid in pouches and dissolved nappysan in most of my loads of clothes etc.

Reactions: Liz
I have always (58 yrs married) used fabric softener and it has not harmed my towels. I actually put them in the dryer for a few minutes when dry or almost dry and they fluff up beautifully. Have had the same towels for over 20 years....believe that or not, up to you.
My washing machine I use hasn’t got a softener dispenser so I stopped using softener. I do have a washing machine in storage but the reason why is too long to say.
I use the liquid pouches that go under the clothes etc, it has three types of liquid I think. I’d go and read the box but am in bed tonight reading this email.

Not sure if someone's mentioned these 2 points yet
1- in video writer only puts baking soda in with laundry & washing liquid plus vinegar go in appropriate dispensing slots of machine.
2- since vinegar does not enter machine till full rinse cycle starts there is little if any bicarb being neutalizes.
In neutalizing there is a bit of foaming with these 2 products that is recommended by folks using both to clear blocked or & stinky drains.

Will try adding bi-carb soda next wash day as hubbies jeans/pants get really grubby.
Hi Ros,
I saw what you saw and mentioned that the baking soda goes on the clothes and liquids go in the dispensers.
I have a front loader in storage but the reason why would be too long to say.

Watching the video I saw that Caroline put the baking soda on the towels in her front loader.
She then put the clothes washing liquid in one dispenser and the white vinegar in the other dispenser.
I can’t say if the baking soda would “froth-up”, I have a front loader washing machine but it’s in storage for reasons to long to explain why.
I use a top loader machine at the moment, it has a liquid/powder dispenser but I use clothes washing liquid in pouches and dissolved nappysan in most of my loads of clothes etc.
Thank you Julie, I think I will give the vinegar a miss, my machine is so sensitive as a front loader. I try and always dry my towels in the sun, I must be weird because I like that crisp feel of sun dried towels:confused:

Reactions: KatKop and Julie1