Prince Harry accuses ‘officials’ of lying to protect Prince William

The British royal family has had an eventful year, and with days to spare before 2022 ends it seems there’s no letup to controversies involving the Windsors.

Prince Harry, in particular, hasn't held back when it comes to speaking out against what he deems as unfair treatment of his wife Meghan or children Archie and Lilibet.

It’s an understatement to say he's put a lot on the line.

And now, more personal claims are being made, particularly those involving Prince Harry's brother William — the heir apparent to the throne.

In the second trailer released for Harry & Meghan, a snippet featuring Prince Harry offered quite a juicy tidbit: he’s accusing certain people of lying to protect his brother, while at the same time doing nothing to protect him and Meghan at a very tumultuous time.

While the facade of Buckingham Palace flashed on screen, he said: ‘They were happy to lie to protect my brother.’

Screenshot_8.png
Prince Harry let out a telling swipe at unnamed persons happy to lie to protect his brother Prince William. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

‘They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us,’ he continued as the image switched to one of him and Meghan looking out at a pond.

The second part of the bombshell series will focus on Prince Harry and Meghan’s exit from the royal limelight infamously known as ‘Megxit’.

Megxit happened officially on March 31, 2020, after which the couple settled down in California, USA.

The start of the trailer has Prince Harry musing aloud on their fates.

‘I wonder what would have happened to us had we not gone out when we did,’ he said.

Later, he makes a reference to ‘institutional gaslighting’, quickly followed by Meghan saying: ‘I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, I was being fed to the wolves.’

In another soundbite, Harry added: ‘In order for us to be able to move to the next chapter, you’ve got to finish the first chapter.’

Screenshot_9.png
Prince William is allegedly ready to strike back should anything untoward be said about his family in Prince Harry and Meghan’s Netflix series. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

While it’s not explicitly mentioned who ‘they’ are, if you ask Daily Mirror Royal Editor Russell Myers, the answer is pretty obvious.

‘He’s definitely talking about the Palace. The imagery was quite interesting. Certainly, Netflix has been pulled up on the use of the pictures and in the imagery that we saw there in that trailer, it was Buckingham Palace in the background,’ he said.

‘So does he mean the Palace press officers that he’s targeted before? Certainly, Meghan has said that in the Oprah Winfrey interview, that she believed that the Palace were placing stories in the media that were negative towards them.’

‘Or, Harry has talked about this collusion, the dirty tricks that he’s talked about between the British press and the rest of the monarchy, the different households that he thought were against him. It’s all-encompassing really isn’t it because Harry and Meghan did believe that everybody was against them.

‘But I think this is a bit of re-writing of history from their point of view.’

In the first half of Harry & Meghan, Harry notably said: ‘There’s a hierarchy to the royal family.’

‘You know, there’s leaking, but there’s also planting of stories.’

Source: YouTube/Netflix

‘If you’re part of the royal rota, you have priority over the story over everybody else.

‘All royal news goes through the filter of all newspapers within the royal rota, most of which, apart from the Telegraph, happen to be tabloids.

‘It all comes down to control, it’s like, “This family is ours to exploit.”

‘“Their trauma is our story… and our narrative to control.”’

Prince William earlier was reportedly ready to ‘fight back’ according to Palace insiders if any claims they deem false are made in the series.

It remains to be seen what Prince William and his wife, Kate, will do in response to these latest remarks.

Volume II of Harry & Meghan premieres on Thursday, December 15.
Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has made fresh claims against the British royal family in a teaser for the second part of his Netflix series, due for release on Thursday, December 15.
  • He claimed that officials were 'happy to lie to protect' his brother Prince William while he witnessed his wife Meghan, being 'fed to the wolves'.
  • Harry also mentioned 'institutional gaslighting' and 'the dirty tricks' between the British press and the royal family when it came to their coverage.
  • He believes that the family was being 'exploited' for their story and their narrative was being controlled for the media’s benefit.
In related news, some people were left wondering after a recent tabloid report alleged Prince Harry was ‘begging’ then-Prince Charles for money…

So, what is your reaction to this latest expose from Prince Harry? Do you think Buckingham Palace treated him and his brother differently enough for him to have such feelings?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Sponsored
The British royal family has had an eventful year, and with days to spare before 2022 ends it seems there’s no letup to controversies involving the Windsors.

Prince Harry, in particular, hasn't held back when it comes to speaking out against what he deems as unfair treatment of his wife Meghan or children Archie and Lilibet.

And now, more personal claims are being made, particularly those involving Prince Harry's brother William — the heir apparent to the throne.

In the second trailer released for Harry & Meghan, a snippet featuring Prince Harry offered quite a juicy tidbit: he’s accusing certain people of lying to protect his brother, while at the same time doing nothing to protect him and Meghan at a very tumultuous time.

While the facade of Buckingham Palace flashed on screen, he said: ‘They were happy to lie to protect my brother.’

View attachment 10413
Prince Harry let out a telling swipe at unnamed persons happy to lie to protect his brother Prince William. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

‘They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us,’ he continued as the image switched to one of him and Meghan looking out at a pond.

The second part of the bombshell series will focus on Prince Harry and Meghan’s exit from the royal limelight infamously known as ‘Megxit’.

Megxit happened officially on March 31, 2020, after which the couple settled down in California, USA.

‘I wonder what would have happened to us had we not gone out when we did,’ he said.

Later, he makes a reference to ‘institutional gaslighting’, quickly followed by Meghan saying: ‘I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, I was being fed to the wolves.’

In another soundbite, Harry added: ‘In order for us to be able to move to the next chapter, you’ve got to finish the first chapter.’

View attachment 10414
Prince William is allegedly ready to strike back should anything untoward be said about his family in Prince Harry and Meghan’s Netflix series. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

While it’s not explicitly mentioned who ‘they’ are, if you ask Daily Mirror Royal Editor Russell Myers, the answer is pretty obvious.

‘He’s definitely talking about the Palace. The imagery was quite interesting. Certainly, Netflix has been pulled up on the use of the pictures and in the imagery that we saw there in that trailer, it was Buckingham Palace in the background,’ he said.

‘So does he mean the Palace press officers that he’s targeted before? Certainly, Meghan has said that in the Oprah Winfrey interview, that she believed that the Palace were placing stories in the media that were negative towards them.’

‘Or, Harry has talked about this collusion, the dirty tricks that he’s talked about between the British press and the rest of the monarchy, the different households that he thought were against him. It’s all-encompassing really isn’t it because Harry and Meghan did believe that everybody was against them.

In the first half of Harry & Meghan, Harry notably said: ‘There’s a hierarchy to the royal family.’

‘If you’re part of the royal rota, you have priority over the story over everybody else.

‘All royal news goes through the filter of all newspapers within the royal rota, most of which, apart from the Telegraph, happen to be tabloids.

Prince William earlier was reportedly ready to ‘fight back’ according to Palace insiders if any claims they deem false are made in the series.

It remains to be seen what Prince William and his wife, Kate, will do in response to these latest remarks.

Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has made fresh claims against the British royal family in a teaser for the second part of his Netflix series, due for release on Thursday, December 15.
  • He claimed that officials were 'happy to lie to protect' his brother Prince William while he witnessed his wife Meghan, being 'fed to the wolves'.
  • Harry also mentioned 'institutional gaslighting' and 'the dirty tricks' between the British press and the royal family when it came to their coverage.
  • He believes that the family was being 'exploited' for their story and their narrative was being controlled for the media’s benefit.
In related news, some people were left wondering after a recent tabloid report alleged Prince Harry was ‘begging’ then-Prince Charles for money…

So, what is your reaction to this latest expose from Prince Harry? Do you think Buckingham Palace treated him and his brother differently enough for him to have such feelings?

If the Royals can stop the truth getting out they will.

I watched the first part the other night and I believe what they are saying us the truth

Harry is very sincere and I feel he is doing what Princess Diana would have wanted him to do.

Remember how both Diana and Fergie were treated.

Remember if what Harry and Megan are saying is lies then they can be sued as can Netflix

This is a documentary not a movie or series. Based on fact.

The Royals are just like everyone else except they have titles which they are paid well to have.

People who are Royalist wear blinkers and to them the Royals are above everyone and are like Gods but they are people who make mistakes and big mistakes

Prince Philip had plenty of affairs and the Queen knew.

Charles .....was an adulterer even before he married Diana , he had and continued an affair with a married women who had children

Charles ruined Diana's life

Princesses Anne divorced and remarried

Prince Andrew was a playboy and also involved in sex slavery

Prince Harry had the balls to speak out and let everyone know what's exactly goes on in the Family .

People can speak badly about Harry and Megan but the truth is the truth and can't be denied

He has done his mum proud

Please enlighten me as what Megan has actually done and please if you say she broke the family up then tell me how and still not a good reason.

So many Megan haters out there but why , I want to know exactly what she has done.
I'm guessing no one can actually answer that

Last edited:
I am wondering if Harry is ever going to wake up to Meghan. She was an actress she knows how to bring on the tears whenever she wants to. She was only after the limelight from the beginning! She is fooling him. She never had children in her earlier marriage. But soon did in this one, so she will be in the limelight forever! Dreadful woman, she has torn apart the Royal family. Shame on her! Sorry, but these are my feelings!

I am wondering if Harry is ever going to wake up to Meghan. She was an actress she knows how to bring on the tears whenever she wants to. She was only after the limelight from the beginning! She is fooling him. She never had children in her earlier marriage. But soon did in this one, so she will be in the limelight forever! Dreadful woman, she has torn apart the Royal family. Shame on her! Sorry, but these are my feelings!
Maybe she wasn't ready to have children in her first marriage.

Don't you think Harry has now moved away from the family because he was seeing what his mum went through was now happening to them.

What did Megan actually do wrong ? Please don't say divided the family that had already happened

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414

Key Takeaways

This unpleasant little fellow needs to grow up, his envy of his brother is badly misplaced, firstly he has had the benefits as his brother without the responsibilities, yes William married a vastly nicer woman who has adapted to his lifestyle as if born to it unlike the little fellow who has married the most unpleasant of women and American to boot.

I watched the first part the other night and I believe what they are saying us the truth

Harry is very sincere and I feel he is doing what Princess Diana would have wanted him to do.

Remember if what Harry and Megan are saying is lies then they can be sued as can Netflix

The Royals are just like everyone else except they have titles which they are paid well to have.

People who are Royalist wear blinkers and to them the Royals are above everyone and are like Gods but they are people who make mistakes and big mistakes

Charles .....was an adulterer even before he married Diana , he had and continued an affair with a married women who had children

Prince Harry had the balls to speak out and let everyone know what's exactly goes on in the Family .

People can speak badly about Harry and Megan but the truth us the truth and can't be denied

You obviously obtain all your information from the gutter press and cheap women's magazines.

People can speak badly about Harry and Megan but the truth us the truth and can't be denied

Wow - looks like you really have your blinkers on. :)

William also lost his mother! And he was only a few years older. William also has the added responsibility of being a future king so he has had a lot more to contend with. Harry was OK till he met Meghan and now all he can do is whinge and carry on as being hard done by. Millions of children lose a parent when they were young (my son included who was 3 at the time) and they turn out OK. Grow up Harry and look at what you've got....not blame the papps for every thing that happened to your mother...she courted the press when it suited her and you are doing the same!

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414

Key Takeaways

Why don't ALL of you whingers just get on with life? Charles has made more mistakes in his life with his ways with various women which have affected his sons. It is obvious Harry, as the junior son was treated a bit differently than William after their mother was killed. Especially after the remarriage of their father.

I am so over all of this. Do I really care who said/did what to whom, no! It seems to me that every day there are reports of sniping from one side or the other. Accept your differences and move on. We all get the picture now, Harry and Meghan were hard done by, the whole world was against them, they had no friends in royal circles. Right, Got it! :rolleyes:

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414

Key Takeaways

Of course he was treated differently. Anyone who honestly thinks that their is no racism in the palace needs to rethink. Meghan wasn’t innocent young Diana she was a mature woman and used to running her own life. The royalist will be saying he is a liar but I believe Harry. William didn’t want Harry to marry Meghan and I think that was the beginning of the end. I also believe that insiders in the palace would certainly lie for William. Hell they lied for Charles over what he did to Diana. We read or get told by mental health experts to face and talk about your problems and that is exactly what Harry and Meghan are doing,I applaud them. Nobody knows what really goes on behind the palace walls. The one person who I think is what you see is what you get is Kate. William has changed and the sad thing is that his brother became unwelcome garbage. That is my opinion.

Reactions: Ricci
I will believe their is total truth in these disclosures if Megan and Harry donate a considerable percentage of their earnings to charities. There's fault on both sides in any relationships. But self justification is not the way to deal with the problem. If you believe Harry and Megan are not part of the problem, then you will believe anything. As the old book says, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

People can speak badly about Harry and Megan but the truth is the truth and can't be denied

Please enlighten me as what Megan has actually done and please if you say she broke the family up then tell me how and still not a good reason.

So many Megan haters out there but why , I want to know exactly what she has done.
I'm guessing no one can actually answer that
Totally agree, Harry is the only one who ever speaks the truth