Prince Harry accuses ‘officials’ of lying to protect Prince William

The British royal family has had an eventful year, and with days to spare before 2022 ends it seems there’s no letup to controversies involving the Windsors.

Prince Harry, in particular, hasn't held back when it comes to speaking out against what he deems as unfair treatment of his wife Meghan or children Archie and Lilibet.

It’s an understatement to say he's put a lot on the line.

And now, more personal claims are being made, particularly those involving Prince Harry's brother William — the heir apparent to the throne.

In the second trailer released for Harry & Meghan, a snippet featuring Prince Harry offered quite a juicy tidbit: he’s accusing certain people of lying to protect his brother, while at the same time doing nothing to protect him and Meghan at a very tumultuous time.

While the facade of Buckingham Palace flashed on screen, he said: ‘They were happy to lie to protect my brother.’

Screenshot_8.png
Prince Harry let out a telling swipe at unnamed persons happy to lie to protect his brother Prince William. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

‘They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us,’ he continued as the image switched to one of him and Meghan looking out at a pond.

The second part of the bombshell series will focus on Prince Harry and Meghan’s exit from the royal limelight infamously known as ‘Megxit’.

Megxit happened officially on March 31, 2020, after which the couple settled down in California, USA.

The start of the trailer has Prince Harry musing aloud on their fates.

‘I wonder what would have happened to us had we not gone out when we did,’ he said.

Later, he makes a reference to ‘institutional gaslighting’, quickly followed by Meghan saying: ‘I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, I was being fed to the wolves.’

In another soundbite, Harry added: ‘In order for us to be able to move to the next chapter, you’ve got to finish the first chapter.’

Screenshot_9.png
Prince William is allegedly ready to strike back should anything untoward be said about his family in Prince Harry and Meghan’s Netflix series. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

While it’s not explicitly mentioned who ‘they’ are, if you ask Daily Mirror Royal Editor Russell Myers, the answer is pretty obvious.

‘He’s definitely talking about the Palace. The imagery was quite interesting. Certainly, Netflix has been pulled up on the use of the pictures and in the imagery that we saw there in that trailer, it was Buckingham Palace in the background,’ he said.

‘So does he mean the Palace press officers that he’s targeted before? Certainly, Meghan has said that in the Oprah Winfrey interview, that she believed that the Palace were placing stories in the media that were negative towards them.’

‘Or, Harry has talked about this collusion, the dirty tricks that he’s talked about between the British press and the rest of the monarchy, the different households that he thought were against him. It’s all-encompassing really isn’t it because Harry and Meghan did believe that everybody was against them.

‘But I think this is a bit of re-writing of history from their point of view.’

In the first half of Harry & Meghan, Harry notably said: ‘There’s a hierarchy to the royal family.’

‘You know, there’s leaking, but there’s also planting of stories.’

Source: YouTube/Netflix

‘If you’re part of the royal rota, you have priority over the story over everybody else.

‘All royal news goes through the filter of all newspapers within the royal rota, most of which, apart from the Telegraph, happen to be tabloids.

‘It all comes down to control, it’s like, “This family is ours to exploit.”

‘“Their trauma is our story… and our narrative to control.”’

Prince William earlier was reportedly ready to ‘fight back’ according to Palace insiders if any claims they deem false are made in the series.

It remains to be seen what Prince William and his wife, Kate, will do in response to these latest remarks.

Volume II of Harry & Meghan premieres on Thursday, December 15.
Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has made fresh claims against the British royal family in a teaser for the second part of his Netflix series, due for release on Thursday, December 15.
  • He claimed that officials were 'happy to lie to protect' his brother Prince William while he witnessed his wife Meghan, being 'fed to the wolves'.
  • Harry also mentioned 'institutional gaslighting' and 'the dirty tricks' between the British press and the royal family when it came to their coverage.
  • He believes that the family was being 'exploited' for their story and their narrative was being controlled for the media’s benefit.
In related news, some people were left wondering after a recent tabloid report alleged Prince Harry was ‘begging’ then-Prince Charles for money…

So, what is your reaction to this latest expose from Prince Harry? Do you think Buckingham Palace treated him and his brother differently enough for him to have such feelings?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Sponsored
The British royal family has had an eventful year, and with days to spare before 2022 ends it seems there’s no letup to controversies involving the Windsors.

Prince Harry, in particular, hasn't held back when it comes to speaking out against what he deems as unfair treatment of his wife Meghan or children Archie and Lilibet.

And now, more personal claims are being made, particularly those involving Prince Harry's brother William — the heir apparent to the throne.

In the second trailer released for Harry & Meghan, a snippet featuring Prince Harry offered quite a juicy tidbit: he’s accusing certain people of lying to protect his brother, while at the same time doing nothing to protect him and Meghan at a very tumultuous time.

While the facade of Buckingham Palace flashed on screen, he said: ‘They were happy to lie to protect my brother.’

View attachment 10413
Prince Harry let out a telling swipe at unnamed persons happy to lie to protect his brother Prince William. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

‘They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us,’ he continued as the image switched to one of him and Meghan looking out at a pond.

The second part of the bombshell series will focus on Prince Harry and Meghan’s exit from the royal limelight infamously known as ‘Megxit’.

Megxit happened officially on March 31, 2020, after which the couple settled down in California, USA.

‘I wonder what would have happened to us had we not gone out when we did,’ he said.

Later, he makes a reference to ‘institutional gaslighting’, quickly followed by Meghan saying: ‘I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, I was being fed to the wolves.’

In another soundbite, Harry added: ‘In order for us to be able to move to the next chapter, you’ve got to finish the first chapter.’

View attachment 10414
Prince William is allegedly ready to strike back should anything untoward be said about his family in Prince Harry and Meghan’s Netflix series. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Netflix

While it’s not explicitly mentioned who ‘they’ are, if you ask Daily Mirror Royal Editor Russell Myers, the answer is pretty obvious.

‘He’s definitely talking about the Palace. The imagery was quite interesting. Certainly, Netflix has been pulled up on the use of the pictures and in the imagery that we saw there in that trailer, it was Buckingham Palace in the background,’ he said.

‘So does he mean the Palace press officers that he’s targeted before? Certainly, Meghan has said that in the Oprah Winfrey interview, that she believed that the Palace were placing stories in the media that were negative towards them.’

‘Or, Harry has talked about this collusion, the dirty tricks that he’s talked about between the British press and the rest of the monarchy, the different households that he thought were against him. It’s all-encompassing really isn’t it because Harry and Meghan did believe that everybody was against them.

In the first half of Harry & Meghan, Harry notably said: ‘There’s a hierarchy to the royal family.’

‘If you’re part of the royal rota, you have priority over the story over everybody else.

‘All royal news goes through the filter of all newspapers within the royal rota, most of which, apart from the Telegraph, happen to be tabloids.

Prince William earlier was reportedly ready to ‘fight back’ according to Palace insiders if any claims they deem false are made in the series.

It remains to be seen what Prince William and his wife, Kate, will do in response to these latest remarks.

Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has made fresh claims against the British royal family in a teaser for the second part of his Netflix series, due for release on Thursday, December 15.
  • He claimed that officials were 'happy to lie to protect' his brother Prince William while he witnessed his wife Meghan, being 'fed to the wolves'.
  • Harry also mentioned 'institutional gaslighting' and 'the dirty tricks' between the British press and the royal family when it came to their coverage.
  • He believes that the family was being 'exploited' for their story and their narrative was being controlled for the media’s benefit.
In related news, some people were left wondering after a recent tabloid report alleged Prince Harry was ‘begging’ then-Prince Charles for money…

So, what is your reaction to this latest expose from Prince Harry? Do you think Buckingham Palace treated him and his brother differently enough for him to have such feelings?

I have a son who married a Meghan. We havent spoken in 5 years now and have missed our grandson growing up. I hope that Harry wakes up to himself but I have my doubts. About time he was stripped of his Royal titles. Disgusting behaviour and as for Meghan- who walked you down the aisle you ingrate!

Reactions: Ricci
Ginge and Whinge are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex NOT Success. You left to not be involved, so go and get a job and stop using your title to earn an income. Live up to your own claimed morals and stop being a hypocrite.

I already wrote a comment. So many people attacking Harry,says a lot about them as human beings. I wonder how they conduct themselves in their own lives. Nobody is perfect,not even the royals.

What's that saying,
"There's three sides to everything,
My side,
His side
and the truth!"
In this case, Harry's side, William's side
and the truth....which may be a mixture of both Harry's version and William's....????
People in the middle of a muddle see things differently, from their own perspective, which may not be the same as the next person's.
They may all be telling "their" truth....

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414

Key Takeaways

You do realise the ATTACKS are absolutely on Harry and Meghan? The hategasms from the RWNJ trolls the Manic pathalogical Murdoch gutter stalking media apply the pent up hate mongering bile on this couple.
It's hypocritical, creepy, and more than a little weird that the Murdoch trash media + British gutter tabloids continue this pathalogical HARRASSMENT on Harry and Meghan
You’re media is the journalistic equivalent of a toilet cleaner minus the dignity that toilet cleaners have

Why don't ALL of you whingers just get on with life? Charles has made more mistakes in his life with his ways with various women which have affected his sons. It is obvious Harry, as the junior son was treated a bit differently than William after their mother was killed. Especially after the remarriage of their father.
👌👏 well said, people forget what Charles has done

What's that saying,
"There's three sides to everything,
My side,
His side
and the truth!"
In this case, Harry's side, William's side
and the truth....which may be a mixture of both Harry's version and William's....????
People in the middle of a muddle see things differently, from their own perspective, which may not be the same as the next person's.
They may all be telling "their" truth....
Agree ...except Charles

You obviously obtain all your information from the gutter press and cheap women's magazines.
No actually historical events and trust in what Harry says.

Are you saying Charles isn't an adulterer ?

Are you saying all we know that happened to Diana are lies ?

Did Prince Philip not have affairs?

Are you saying Andrew wasn't involved with Epstein .

Please enlighten me where you get your information from

I have a son who married a Meghan. We havent spoken in 5 years now and have missed our grandson growing up. I hope that Harry wakes up to himself but I have my doubts. About time he was stripped of his Royal titles. Disgusting behaviour and as for Meghan- who walked you down the aisle you ingrate!
I hope you are not hating all Megan's now.

I actually think it was Disgusting that they never allowed Harry to wear his military uniform to the Queen's funeral. He earned that uniform , he earned that uniform.

Think about what he has done for the war veterans eg The Invictas games

I saw Harry doing more for people than any other Royal apart from his mother

I remember seeing Diana visit Aids patients and hug them when at a time people looked down on simeone with this disease .

What other Royal did this?

Easy to attend dinners , functions and openings But which other Royal did what Diana did and what she achieved.

Harry is his mother's son, look at what he has achieved for war vets

The Invictus Games is an international multi-sport event first held in 2014, for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women, both serving and veterans. The word 'Invictus' means 'unconquered', chosen as an embodiment of the fighting spirit of the wounded, injured and sick service personnel and what they can achieve, post injury.[1]

Invictus Games
Invictus Games logo.svg
MottoI AM
First event2014
HeadquartersLondon, United Kingdom
Governance bodyFounding patron:
The Duke of Sussex