Pregnant woman finds 'deadly' ingredient in her takeout order

We can't really do much about it, but sometimes accidents happen, and inedible objects find their way into our food. More often than not, they appear just as we are about to eat our meals.

And no, folks, we're not talking about the toys that come with happy meals here, nor the engagement rings that are intentionally put in champagne glasses, desserts, and pastries.

What we're talking about here are those nasty things that you would never expect to find anywhere near food items, such as the rubber band one person pulled out of their Ben and Jerry's ice cream last year.

A few weeks ago, there was also a woman who found a whole flower stalk in her Macca's chicken sandwich right after she took a bite out of it. Yuck!

No one would blame these people for feeling queasy after finding these unusual objects in their meals.

But in this case, one woman found something in her Subway online order that was not only disgusting but extremely dangerous as well.

-rNOCgxa4glGnoeBnxhdAPD_oC6KtZxLy6O6zMIqb2NjcBMUGStUuTMoMyZFexWmXn1v9cNxkxCDHmXsAYqNRjybKpKaW49SbcGdZ070zTfpeTGTtCxHl0JqvehvRWENIIez1v_39NgIhx5z0CWCxwehkr1IBygL_k4ggbQkOvySlrt9wEIL5NozKw

A pregnant woman was shocked when she found a knife in her Subway sandwich. Credit: Facebook.

Nerice Moyse is a singer by profession, and because she is pregnant, she was experiencing some particularly intense food cravings. After considering all of her possible options online, she ultimately decided to get a tuna sub from Subway.

'I was with my partner, and we got hungry. I am currently pregnant and always getting cravings, so my partner went on his phone and ordered a Subway,' she said.

Nerice ordered a personalised sandwich online and had it sent to her partner's house. Everything seemed to be going well until she opened up her meal and saw something that shook her to the core.

There was a huge knife in her sandwich, and it was obvious that it came from the fast food chain – thanks to its sharp, serrated blade and recognisable yellow handle.

Although it is unclear how it ended up in the sandwich undetected, Nerice didn't let something dangerous like this slide and proceeded to contact the establishment.

The mum-to-be said: 'I understand everyone has an off day, but you have to be incredibly careful when you work in an environment like that.'

YwRN8D0ckTFxL3I8JtBDS60olp1LoaqlQXB2f3xFBxYBY1phwWG8uQi3935khUn1lhVxvGjLle8R3IeYSHjEqQ51XsP-K-gD1sEMMhfTvbeG30n_ooUttPEzYtqATRjAR5r-SMlRNRxMo-qptS4s85-HXpnDu-V7VDJ4HIGAf5NLeMovqqIHsqB7NQ

Subway said they would keep trying to get in touch with the branch to solve the problem. Credit: Darya Kaufman/Shutterstock (Stock photo)

The fast speed and pressure that workers face at any fast food establishment can be understood, but it is never acceptable to leave a very sharp and highly dangerous knife stuck between a sandwich.

After calling their local Subway to report the missing knife, Nerice's partner was informed that they would hear back from the sandwich shop in a few days.

A knife in a sandwich is not something anyone wants to find, and Nerice added that she was somewhat 'glad' it was her instead of a kid or a teenager.

A spokesperson for Subway already addressed the issue and released a statement, saying: 'The health and safety of all guests are of paramount importance to us, and all Franchise Owners are expected to maintain high food safety standards and always serve products to guests' satisfaction.'

'Since the incident was brought to our attention, we have investigated this thoroughly, and the team apologised to the customer immediately once informed.'

'Since then, the franchisee has reached out to the customer again to resolve the issue.'

Nerice and her partner received their long-awaited apology ten days after the incident, and she said she's hoping she wouldn't find any more 'knives in her sandwiches' from now on.

What an awful surprise it must have been to open your sandwich and find a giant, sharp knife! Good thing she didn’t bite into it! Thankfully, Nerice found it before any serious harm could be done.

What do you think about this story, folks? Have you ever had any similar experience of finding inedible objects in your food? Share them with us in the comments!

• Angry
Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
Omg how could a knife be left in the roll ?? A knife is a large item .

We found a small branch in sultana brand apparently it was from the sultanas.

The worst one was eating subway and finding alot of hair in it ( I'm gagging now )

I feel everyone preparing food should be made to wear a hat

Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci
We can't really do much about it, but sometimes accidents happen, and inedible objects find their way into our food. More often than not, they appear just as we are about to eat our meals.

And no, folks, we're not talking about the toys that come with happy meals here, nor the engagement rings that are intentionally put in champagne glasses, desserts, and pastries.

What we're talking about here are those nasty things that you would never expect to find anywhere near food items, such as the rubber band one person pulled out of their Ben and Jerry's ice cream last year.

A few weeks ago, there was also a woman who found a whole flower stalk in her Macca's chicken sandwich right after she took a bite out of it. Yuck!

No one would blame these people for feeling queasy after finding these unusual objects in their meals.

But in this case, one woman found something in her Subway online order that was not only disgusting but extremely dangerous as well.

-rNOCgxa4glGnoeBnxhdAPD_oC6KtZxLy6O6zMIqb2NjcBMUGStUuTMoMyZFexWmXn1v9cNxkxCDHmXsAYqNRjybKpKaW49SbcGdZ070zTfpeTGTtCxHl0JqvehvRWENIIez1v_39NgIhx5z0CWCxwehkr1IBygL_k4ggbQkOvySlrt9wEIL5NozKw

A pregnant woman was shocked when she found a knife in her Subway sandwich. Credit: Facebook.

Nerice Moyse is a singer by profession, and because she is pregnant, she was experiencing some particularly intense food cravings. After considering all of her possible options online, she ultimately decided to get a tuna sub from Subway.

'I was with my partner, and we got hungry. I am currently pregnant and always getting cravings, so my partner went on his phone and ordered a Subway,' she said.

Nerice ordered a personalised sandwich online and had it sent to her partner's house. Everything seemed to be going well until she opened up her meal and saw something that shook her to the core.

There was a huge knife in her sandwich, and it was obvious that it came from the fast food chain – thanks to its sharp, serrated blade and recognisable yellow handle.

Although it is unclear how it ended up in the sandwich undetected, Nerice didn't let something dangerous like this slide and proceeded to contact the establishment.

The mum-to-be said: 'I understand everyone has an off day, but you have to be incredibly careful when you work in an environment like that.'

YwRN8D0ckTFxL3I8JtBDS60olp1LoaqlQXB2f3xFBxYBY1phwWG8uQi3935khUn1lhVxvGjLle8R3IeYSHjEqQ51XsP-K-gD1sEMMhfTvbeG30n_ooUttPEzYtqATRjAR5r-SMlRNRxMo-qptS4s85-HXpnDu-V7VDJ4HIGAf5NLeMovqqIHsqB7NQ

Subway said they would keep trying to get in touch with the branch to solve the problem. Credit: Darya Kaufman/Shutterstock (Stock photo)

The fast speed and pressure that workers face at any fast food establishment can be understood, but it is never acceptable to leave a very sharp and highly dangerous knife stuck between a sandwich.

After calling their local Subway to report the missing knife, Nerice's partner was informed that they would hear back from the sandwich shop in a few days.

A knife in a sandwich is not something anyone wants to find, and Nerice added that she was somewhat 'glad' it was her instead of a kid or a teenager.

A spokesperson for Subway already addressed the issue and released a statement, saying: 'The health and safety of all guests are of paramount importance to us, and all Franchise Owners are expected to maintain high food safety standards and always serve products to guests' satisfaction.'

'Since the incident was brought to our attention, we have investigated this thoroughly, and the team apologised to the customer immediately once informed.'

'Since then, the franchisee has reached out to the customer again to resolve the issue.'

Nerice and her partner received their long-awaited apology ten days after the incident, and she said she's hoping she wouldn't find any more 'knives in her sandwiches' from now on.

What an awful surprise it must have been to open your sandwich and find a giant, sharp knife! Good thing she didn’t bite into it! Thankfully, Nerice found it before any serious harm could be done.

What do you think about this story, folks? Have you ever had any similar experience of finding inedible objects in your food? Share them with us in the comments!
For goodness
sake, she’s an adult, the knife is large, it’s not as if she’s going to chomp into it by mistake. The correct thing to do would be to contact the outlet instead of going for a minute of fame on social media.

Very very poor! Last time I went to subway got overcharged,rang immediately when I got home,no apologies,NOTHING!!
Will never set foot in there again!
Be warned!

For goodness
sake, she’s an adult, the knife is large, it’s not as if she’s going to chomp into it by mistake. The correct thing to do would be to contact the outlet instead of going for a minute of fame on social media.

I don't know what she is complaining about, she scored a free knife with her order!:)
🤣🤣🤣

Michel's Patisserie
I bit into a 2cm chunk of metal inside a vanilla slice I'd bought at Michel's Patisserie. I was still at the store and took it to the counter, asked for the manager and showed him what I'd bitten in to. He grabbed the metal out of my hand, threw it away and got defensive and angry at ME for even showing him. I reported the incident to head office and they did absolutely nothing. They couldn't care less. That was over 20 years ago and I've Never Ever bought anything from that establishment again.

Ten years ago, I was a patient in a Nursing Home, non-weight bearing for 5 months.
One morning, I had my tiny plastic bowl of tinned peaches on my breakfast tray.
Thankfully, my vision was good, and I still had my functional brain.
Under the peaches was a ring of metal, from the lid as the can opener removed the lid.
Most older folk in the area would not have seen it.
I am delighted it was served to me, as I was able to see it and not try to eat it.
No, they didn't replace my peaches, the bowl was swiftly removed.

• Wow
Reactions: SandyM and Ricci
Michel's Patisserie
I bit into a 2cm chunk of metal inside a vanilla slice I'd bought at Michel's Patisserie. I was still at the store and took it to the counter, asked for the manager and showed him what I'd bitten in to. He grabbed the metal out of my hand, threw it away and got defensive and angry at ME for even showing him. I reported the incident to head office and they did absolutely nothing. They couldn't care less. That was over 20 years ago and I've Never Ever bought anything from that establishment again.
Omg how rude was he !

Reactions: Ricci
Wow! I can place a feeling of doubt on this particular sandwich. We've all made them alone & many to help charity. Unless the maker picked up the next door's knife (being left-handed) how did the user cut the sandwich crossways when it was already in the sandwich? None of us are short-shifting our brains @ a time where there is involvement of a questionable nature, of the woman being pregnant. I am convinced the knife knows the answerable. She came to no harm, please God she had a good baby with 10 fingers & 10 toes & gladly write it off to experience.

My late brother-in-law once got rat instead of chicken from KFC once and the fur was still on it.

• Wow
Wow! I can place a feeling of doubt on this particular sandwich. We've all made them alone & many to help charity. Unless the maker picked up the next door's knife (being left-handed) how did the user cut the sandwich crossways when it was already in the sandwich? None of us are short-shifting our brains @ a time where there is involvement of a questionable nature, of the woman being pregnant. I am convinced the knife knows the answerable. She came to no harm, please God she had a good baby with 10 fingers & 10 toes & gladly write it off to experience.
This is what I was thinking , they had to cut it in half so how could they with a knife in it. Either the shop knew eg a prank or the lady was making the whole story up !