Woman's horrifying find in Macca's order leaves her speechless – but is it real or… ahem… planted?

Is there anything more upsetting than opening a meal order and finding out what they sent you doesn't match what you requested?

That's exactly what happened to an Irish woman who only wanted a simple chicken sandwich from Macca's. But what she got was not what she had in mind at all.

In a video uploaded to TikTok, the woman can be seen expressing her shock and disbelief after biting into her burger and discovering that there was something other than the customary lettuce between the buns.

She took a mayonnaise-coated stalk of grass out of the burger, and from what we could see, it looked like a flower, more specifically a dandelion.

'There's a flower in my McChicken Sandwich,' the annoyed woman said. 'Is this actually for real?'

j8gyj96tBQ0E7foKbyicB4y1K68RPKlfmgXX5_TyAGQbwrqYVsrC4M1EkNfMqQFplR8o-sFEpBhORif5_p-wEDogTMhhP305TI8zrLvdj1nPXMJKOJckj6B22hYNvhtpdla8j4ZCeMbaPSY99HvL4R8

A woman's baffled response at finding something unexpected in her McDonald's meal has gone viral, but the footage has raised doubts. Credit: TikTok/wright1240.

Although we've previously mentioned how having a bunch of beautiful flowers in our homes helps spread positive energy, we never expected to see these plants in our food...

Over two million people have seen the woman's video since it was posted on TikTok on Sunday. The video's title reads, 'Flowers in chicken legend meal looks lovely, so it does.'

There were a lot of people who commented on her post and said they felt bad for the woman, but there were also some who couldn't help but have their doubts.

'I work at McDonald's. No, you didn't,' one user wrote in the comments. A second user who also claimed to work at the fast-food chain agreed and added, 'Yeah… no, Macca's worker here, that's not possible.'

A third joined the conversation and said, 'I work in McDonald's, and I can assure you that everything is checked, so I feel like this has been planted in.'

Those who took the woman's word for it claim to have had similar experiences in the past, emphasising that the situation has occurred in the past..

'That's true, and I find these all the time in the bags of lettuce when at work,' one user who also claimed to be a Macca's worker said in the comments.

A second user also suggested that the flower may have been mixed with the lettuce, and the fast-food staff unintentionally added it to the burger.

Even though many people couldn't tell if the video was real or not, they thought it was funny and said it made the fast food item seem 'healthier' than it really is.

'That's a weed. They must have run out of lettuce,' one user quipped, with another adding, 'Still better than a bug or plastic. It is organic, girl!'

'Cost of living is so bad now; they're just tricking us with dandelions instead of lettuce,' a third joked. A fourth user even went as far as tagging the official account of McDonald's and saying, 'You owe her free food for life.'

Despite the fact that the flower-in-burger incident happened in the UK, it is not the first time a customer has discovered something upsetting in their Macca's order. Here in Australia, a Sydney woman recently reported that she found a cockroach scurrying about in her pack of french fries.

The woman shared pictures of the shocking discovery on various social media platforms and even made a joke about how her Happy Meal came with a 'free toy'.

The Macca's order in question was delivered via UberEats, and while it's still unclear how the roach got into the food, people on the internet can't help but come up with their own theories.

'The driver's car must have been a dumpster fire. I reckon that's the only way it got in there,' one user wrote in the comments, to which many others agreed.

Later, the woman went on to describe what might have truly happened: the bug likely snuck in when the food was left on the wrong address' front porch for nearly half an hour.

What about you, folks? Do you also have any wild stories of food orders that went horribly wrong? Tell us about them in the comments section!

• Wow
Reactions: Itene and Ricci
Sponsored
Is there anything more upsetting than opening a meal order and finding out what they sent you doesn't match what you requested?

That's exactly what happened to an Irish woman who only wanted a simple chicken sandwich from Macca's. But what she got was not what she had in mind at all.

In a video uploaded to TikTok, the woman can be seen expressing her shock and disbelief after biting into her burger and discovering that there was something other than the customary lettuce between the buns.

She took a mayonnaise-coated stalk of grass out of the burger, and from what we could see, it looked like a flower, more specifically a dandelion.

'There's a flower in my McChicken Sandwich,' the annoyed woman said. 'Is this actually for real?'

j8gyj96tBQ0E7foKbyicB4y1K68RPKlfmgXX5_TyAGQbwrqYVsrC4M1EkNfMqQFplR8o-sFEpBhORif5_p-wEDogTMhhP305TI8zrLvdj1nPXMJKOJckj6B22hYNvhtpdla8j4ZCeMbaPSY99HvL4R8

A woman's baffled response at finding something unexpected in her McDonald's meal has gone viral, but the footage has raised doubts. Credit: TikTok/wright1240.

Although we've previously mentioned how having a bunch of beautiful flowers in our homes helps spread positive energy, we never expected to see these plants in our food...

Over two million people have seen the woman's video since it was posted on TikTok on Sunday. The video's title reads, 'Flowers in chicken legend meal looks lovely, so it does.'

There were a lot of people who commented on her post and said they felt bad for the woman, but there were also some who couldn't help but have their doubts.

'I work at McDonald's. No, you didn't,' one user wrote in the comments. A second user who also claimed to work at the fast-food chain agreed and added, 'Yeah… no, Macca's worker here, that's not possible.'

A third joined the conversation and said, 'I work in McDonald's, and I can assure you that everything is checked, so I feel like this has been planted in.'

Those who took the woman's word for it claim to have had similar experiences in the past, emphasising that the situation has occurred in the past..

'That's true, and I find these all the time in the bags of lettuce when at work,' one user who also claimed to be a Macca's worker said in the comments.

A second user also suggested that the flower may have been mixed with the lettuce, and the fast-food staff unintentionally added it to the burger.

Even though many people couldn't tell if the video was real or not, they thought it was funny and said it made the fast food item seem 'healthier' than it really is.

'That's a weed. They must have run out of lettuce,' one user quipped, with another adding, 'Still better than a bug or plastic. It is organic, girl!'

'Cost of living is so bad now; they're just tricking us with dandelions instead of lettuce,' a third joked. A fourth user even went as far as tagging the official account of McDonald's and saying, 'You owe her free food for life.'

Despite the fact that the flower-in-burger incident happened in the UK, it is not the first time a customer has discovered something upsetting in their Macca's order. Here in Australia, a Sydney woman recently reported that she found a cockroach scurrying about in her pack of french fries.

The woman shared pictures of the shocking discovery on various social media platforms and even made a joke about how her Happy Meal came with a 'free toy'.

The Macca's order in question was delivered via UberEats, and while it's still unclear how the roach got into the food, people on the internet can't help but come up with their own theories.

'The driver's car must have been a dumpster fire. I reckon that's the only way it got in there,' one user wrote in the comments, to which many others agreed.

Later, the woman went on to describe what might have truly happened: the bug likely snuck in when the food was left on the wrong address' front porch for nearly half an hour.

What about you, folks? Do you also have any wild stories of food orders that went horribly wrong? Tell us about them in the comments section!

Please?!?!?!? What a set up!