Which years of your life were the happiest?

• 0-10

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • 11-19

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 20's

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • 30's

Votes: 42 29.2%
  • 40's

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 50's

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • 60's

Votes: 21 14.6%
  • 70's

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 80's

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 90+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Poll: Which years of your life were the happiest?

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.18.52 am.png
Happiness can be found in unlikely places! Image Credit: Shutterstock

Happy Sunday, members!

Today, we're curious about what you consider the happiest years of your life. You don't need to explain your choice, but if you'd like to, we'd love to hear from you in the comments.

Perhaps you were happiest in your childhood, running amuck before technology took over. Some of you will consider those first years as parents as the best (but hardest) years. Maybe you're in your golden years of happiness now.

We're looking forward to seeing the results!

Last edited:

Happy Sunday, members!

Today, we're curious about what you consider the happiest years of your life. You don't need to explain your choice, but if you'd like to, we'd love to hear from you in the comments.

Perhaps you were happiest in your childhood, running amuck before technology took over. Some of you will consider those first years as parents as the best (but hardest) years. Maybe you're in your golden years of happiness now.

I voted 80 even though I’m 71 Yet to find a happy stage in my life . Hoping by 80 I find one🤪🙏

In the years 9-14 when we moved to South Perth and lived a street away from the river in a State Housing Home, we loved playing in the reeds and building cubby houses, also riding our bikes along the foreshore, it was so safe for us kids to do what ever we wanted to do, as there was only two people in our street that had a car, we could play hopscotch and cricket on the road, we could stay outside and play till 9pm then we had to come inside. If it was hot, we slept outside on the grass.
I feel sorry for the children today, they cannot have the joy that we had.

I would have checked from 0 to 60 because in each stage there were great things happening in my life. I eventually went for 20 when I married a beautiful girl/lady and travelled around the world for 13 months. The first 6 weeks of the trip were aboard an ocean liner voyage from Fremantle, around to Brisbane (stops at each capital on the way), across the Pacific, thru the Panama Canal, across the Atlantic to the Mediterranean & then roughing it throughout Europe. Returned home via Singapore & sailed back to Freo!

I have voted for the 20's because all my children were born in those years. I loved being a mother to them and seeing them grow. Also adopted our daughter in those years too. altogether 4 children unfortunately one has passed away We now have 6 grand children and one great grand daughter. WE are in our 80's now and also have had many other happy times

I've had many happy memories but I say in my 50s ( 61 now ) when I realised what a good job I did raising my 13 children .
Seeing what beautiful adults they have become.
Yes one or two were naughty teenagers but even they grew into amazing adults .
I believe they are my rewards in life as is my grandchildren

I look forward to the next part of my life spending days with them

We were happiest before our son passed away May last year, since then we’re just a shell of ourselves going through the motions really. His children and our daughters son do bring us joy and we are so very grateful for them. Plus our remaining two children x

Reactions: JayKay

Happy Sunday, members!

I would have loved multiple choices, I put down 30s as I married. Then I would put down 40s as I became a father twice. Then I would put down 50s as I traveled with my children to adulthood. Then I would put down 60s as my wife and I did a sea change and I retired. Still enjoying the 60s,

probably 0 to 10 after that poverty and abuse took over, never really had too much fun always scraping by.

Reactions: Linwar

Happy Sunday, members!

I’m 69, as is my husband. Our overall health is 7-10 and we have enough money to do the things we like to do and we are far from rich… we are blessed to have healthy children and grandchildren. What more could we possibly want?

Reactions: Thecla and Kawi

Happy Sunday, members!

I chose number ten, up and till the age of twelve I was happy being a farm serf, some of you will think that is a strange situation but I knew nothing different. At the late age of twelve I was taken by the then authorities and place in an institution Salvation Army Boys Home and treated like a mongrel dog, that’s when my happiness ended.

Reactions: Thecla
Whilst childhood has soooo many happy times, l have said 60's as finishing work and travelling around the big block for three years was fantastic. Not long enough, l would love to do it again but a couple of leg accidents prevent it. Anyone who has the chance should do it. We have a fantastic country and you meet the nicest people on the road.

I voted the decade, I'm in currently in. Just hopeful my life makes me happier. Like most of us, I've had my struggles and adventures and been graced in many ways. Very grateful to be living in my 60's, grateful to the surgical team, as I'm recovering from recent prostrate surgery. Though many people haven't made it, including my mum who passed in her 40's. I truly wish everyone health, happiness and the insight to live in the present.

What if there were no years in my life that were happy? Seeing the parameters are in decades, I have to say never.
There may have been moments of happiness, but they were fleeting. Abusive parents, abusive carers, institutional homes and paedophiles for most of the first two decades. Living with chronic depressive illness and anxiety for the last five decades since has not left me with much to be happy about. I am alone. I am physically and socially isolated. Any remaining family is out of reach or out of touch. Any friends I have had have gone. The one woman I ever trusted and loved, the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, died. No there have been no years in my life that were happiest.
Thanks for asking.

• Sad
Reactions: Baz1960
I've had many happy memories but I say in my 50s ( 61 now ) when I realised what a good job I did raising my 13 children .
Seeing what beautiful adults they have become.
Yes one or two were naughty teenagers but even they grew into amazing adults .
I believe they are my rewards in life as is my grandchildren

I look forward to the next part of my life spending days with them
I thought bringing up 3 children was a big job but 13 how did you manage

Reactions: Trixi and RTS
I thought bringing up 3 children was a big job but 13 how did you manage
It wasn't as hard as it seems. Only when they were all sick at the same time, now that was hard .
We didn't go on overseas holidays like our friends we live in Sydney and went mostly to Nelson Bay and even Manly.
I look at it as they were a blessing

Reactions: RTS