Which years of your life were the happiest?

• 0-10

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • 11-19

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 20's

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • 30's

Votes: 42 29.2%
  • 40's

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 50's

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • 60's

Votes: 21 14.6%
  • 70's

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 80's

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 90+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said 0-10 because my life after that was very traumatic ,,I won't go into it though,lets just say I was a victim

Reactions: RobD
Winter as a Schoolboy has many memories. Going to School on a wet and windy day comprised of hanging my Shoes with socks tucked in, Laces tied together around my neck under strict instructions to put them on in Class and take them off at Recess or Lunch breaks as by Brothers and I only had ONE pair of Shoes each. So we could jump in puddles etc. Mother also used to ensure I always wore my Macintosh, a Waterproof long jacket thing you put over your Head with one button to close around your neck and side slits to poke your arms out. We carved Boats out of light "Deal" wood and raced them in the Gutters. Some local Roads were made with Gravel the Gutters held Gravel mud. We made saucers etc and dried them in the oven on folded yesterdays Paper in the oven of our wood burning stove. AHH! the oven I cannot recall a Winters day without there being a pot of Soup simmering on the corner of the Stovetop made with Lamb shanks, Lamb necks Lamb Flank and whatever. Always containing Lots of Vegetables. I think mainly Celery tops, Potato, Carrot, Parsnip peelings and more. Absolutely scrumptious and tasty on a Cold day. I can taste it now. Not much waste in our Family.