Plenty of shoppers admit to doing this “therapeutic” activity in stores – do you do this too?

Recently, plenty of shoppers (particularly from Kmart) have been speaking up about an activity that they admitted they have been doing in stores without the staff knowing.

And after knowing about this “activity”, we might just do this as well in our next shop!

lPNZAeNYb6cHLQBaE_deNDTdPJFJEbelu62AbMLYmKrVYbAIAKDgur_fDdlioDywANguH8A7t8w18xI0v3Jy-f_0UavJoEnY9Oy-Ym_vINjCO4a_hinR5j-yrEdXKaLnEf7TRyFY

One shopper shared that she finds joy in organising the shelves at her local Kmart. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing on a popular Facebook group, one Kmart shopper admitted that she spends a lot of time in stores. Who doesn’t? But unlike the rest of us, she’s not buying anything nor checking any item out – instead, she’s tidying up messy shelves and reorganising the store displays.

“Anyone else go into their local Kmart and clean up big piles of chaos?” she asked fellow members, along with a picture of an organised display of notebooks and diaries in Kmart.

The shopper went on to describe how she considers this little activity her “10 minutes of therapy”, and she could do it all day long if she was allowed!

“I hope someone sees this and smiles,” she added.

Turns out, she’s not the only one who enjoys organising and cleaning the mess at retail stores! Some people even do this at their local supermarkets.

“I get my organising fix from Kmart as well. So glad to find peeps with my skills,” said the original commenter, adding that the post made her day.

Another shopper wrote “Guilty!” and added that she finds it “therapeutic” to do some cleaning activity at her local store.

More and more people commented and expressed how they just can’t walk past whenever they see a pile of messy items at the store.

“It’s something I always have to stop myself from doing,” one person admitted.

Someone even confessed that their group of friends do this as well.

Meanwhile, others do more than just “cleaning” and “arranging”.

“At the supermarket, I also pull things to the front so people can see them and not have to go looking like I did,” wrote one person.

A second person said: “I always face products and bring them forward when I’m doing the groceries.”

We can’t believe we’re hearing about some real-life good samaritans in this story! And they can be found at our local supermarkets and retail stores, too.

Do you do this “therapeutic” activity as well?

Sponsored
Good to know I'm not the only one with OCD. Lol. If I'm in Best & Less, I'll sort out all the different sizes of undies. In Aldi, the school kids have a fun time putting products all over the store in different locations. I'll gather up these products & put them back in their correct place. The Manager offered me a job!

Good to know I'm not the only one with OCD. Lol. If I'm in Best & Less, I'll sort out all the different sizes of undies. In Aldi, the school kids have a fun time putting products all over the store in different locations. I'll gather up these products & put them back in their correct place. The Manager offered me a job!
Me too

Reactions: Ricci
Plenty of shoppers admit to doing this “therapeutic” activity in stores – do you do this too?

Recently, plenty of shoppers (particularly from Kmart) have been speaking up about an activity that they admitted they have been doing in stores without the staff knowing.

And after knowing about this “activity”, we might just do this as well in our next shop!

lPNZAeNYb6cHLQBaE_deNDTdPJFJEbelu62AbMLYmKrVYbAIAKDgur_fDdlioDywANguH8A7t8w18xI0v3Jy-f_0UavJoEnY9Oy-Ym_vINjCO4a_hinR5j-yrEdXKaLnEf7TRyFY

One shopper shared that she finds joy in organising the shelves at her local Kmart. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing on a popular Facebook group, one Kmart shopper admitted that she spends a lot of time in stores. Who doesn’t? But unlike the rest of us, she’s not buying anything nor checking any item out – instead, she’s tidying up messy shelves and reorganising the store displays.

“Anyone else go into their local Kmart and clean up big piles of chaos?” she asked fellow members, along with a picture of an organised display of notebooks and diaries in Kmart.

The shopper went on to describe how she considers this little activity her “10 minutes of therapy”, and she could do it all day long if she was allowed!

Turns out, she’s not the only one who enjoys organising and cleaning the mess at retail stores! Some people even do this at their local supermarkets.

“I get my organising fix from Kmart as well. So glad to find peeps with my skills,” said the original commenter, adding that the post made her day.

Another shopper wrote “Guilty!” and added that she finds it “therapeutic” to do some cleaning activity at her local store.

More and more people commented and expressed how they just can’t walk past whenever they see a pile of messy items at the store.

“At the supermarket, I also pull things to the front so people can see them and not have to go looking like I did,” wrote one person.

A second person said: “I always face products and bring them forward when I’m doing the groceries.”

We can’t believe we’re hearing about some real-life good samaritans in this story! And they can be found at our local supermarkets and retail stores, too.

When my father died there were a dozen or so people at his funeral that I didn't recognise. Chatting afterwards, I found out they were shopkeepers and business owners in the community. They said how they had liked him, appreciated his help and would miss him. After his heart attack, my father was encouraged to walk for an hour or two each day and any shops he passed, he would call in and tidy the shelves - small shops or large shops, it didn't matter. Also, as a retired Principal, he would (with their permission) correct spelling on signs and even write their advertisements for them! None of this I knew, but it certainly brought a smile to my face on a sad day when they told me!

I am prone to this tidying up habit too. Nice to know others find it therapeutic but the best story was about the dad! Reminded me of my dad’s funeral when strangers turned up. We found out that dad used to devote long hours to Bluecoats School in Liverpool volunteering in a myriad of ways.….

If people are that desperate to clean, tidy and rearrange....I can give you my address and a bunch of filing and show you where my pantry is....!

• Haha
Reactions: Gerada and Ricci
Nearly 50 years have gone by now that I once worked in a Newsagent in Sydney and I always seem to find myself straightening up card sections in a lot of stores now. People pull them out and dont put them back where they belong, or they take envelopes from the wrong cards, it drives me up the wall.

Reactions: Gerada and KatKop

I am quite surprised to learn so many people do this too. I’m a shocker, I can’t help myself. I have to tidy things up. 😊 I’ll put clothes in their size order, and bring things forward on the shelves too. Particularly the top shelf. I’m quite tall and try to make it easier for the next (not so tall) person that comes along. I feel it’s kind and courteous for other customers and helps the very busy staff.

Reactions: KatKop and Gerada
WTG not often that happens....did you take it??

Sorry. Not for me. I hate shopping of any kind at the best of times, so cleaning up other people’s mess is definitely a no no. The sooner I have what I want and am out of there, the better.