This $5 Party item from Kmart is an absolute hit!

Who doesn’t love a party? Sharing fun times with good people, great food and fun activities! And how about a party that is just that added bit ‘schmancy’ eh? Dressing up nice in an elegant setting is a pretty great way to get yourself feeling good!

As great as parties are, however, they aren't cheap! After paying for food, drinks and perhaps entertainment, finding money for that added glitz and glam can be a bit of a mission. That is, unless you know where to look.

Our friends over at Kmart are offering a DIY version of the popular balloon garland that has been popping up everywhere on social media!

7UwHnlLu8L-VCDsd7gs2uVmCUXHwVkEPbBHBpOyPXmdmYpin-0F-UGa-LDcIFAGw9KtwVZPctV2FO8uiGuJVzgPpu0m59uMuG5jpWmHHo4PSqTgJOSX0C1p3JsAVjC8Lw_4eil2_

Credit: TikTok/@tennilles_deals.

Customers who have tried the party item said putting it together was a breeze. It’s also extremely affordable, with the whole set only costing $5. And just for that added pinch of exquisite, some of the balloons are filled with confetti!

TikTok user @tennilles_deals shared a video of the amazing find on her account, saying: “If you guys are looking to do some party decorating on a budget I came across this balloon garland in Kmart.”

Then she proceeded to show how she set up the party item. First, she took the coloured balloons and placed the confetti inside. Then she blew the balloons up and arranged them in a line using the clear plastic strip included in the kit.

She also added that the whole garland kit comes with 50 balloons. What a bargain!

People were loving the party decoration, with some saying that the balloons lasted them a whole month. One gran even said her granddaughter loved the balloons for her birthday party. “These are fantastic; used them for my granddaughter's birthday. Garland is fab!”

Another person wrote: “Loved it; I used it for my graduation party and it looked lovely.”

“It is amazing; I kept the strip so I can reuse it again. So good for the price!” another user added.

While a fourth person suggested using the balloon garland over an arch doorway works really great as well.

If you’re interested in buying the balloons, we also suggest adding a few balloon pumps in your cart because blowing balloons up can get pretty tiring.

And while it’s true that balloons are perfect for any occasion, unfortunately, they aren't exactly eco friendly.

Balloons are made from plastic materials that are not biodegradable, meaning, they end up in landfills or in places where they can be a serious risk to our wildlife and ecosystem.

So why not opt for something a little more environmentally conscious?

For example, you can replace balloons at parties with flags and banners! Unlike balloons, they can be made from fabric or paper and are much less of a hassle to set up. Most importantly, however, they are recyclable, both in the typical sense and the fact that they can be reused.

Grandkids still insistent on the classic round inflatables? Try bubbles! They’re cheap too, all you need is an eco-friendly detergent and some water and hey presto, you have a ‘you-beaut’ bubble mix!

As for bigger events, you can ditch the plastic balloons and confetti altogether and go for confetti made from paper, flower petals and dried leaves, like this video below:

Credit: Mother Natured | Nature Play for Kids

Sponsored