Wow! 😮 You @Babybird, must be getting a bit fed up with having to repeat the same answer over and over! I had a huge laugh!

Anyone with a bit of initiative can work out substitutes.

Many foods we eat today are as a result from recipes that came from different countries.

Wow! 😮 You @Babybird, must be getting a bit fed up with having to repeat the same answer over and over! I had a huge laugh!

Many foods we eat today are as a result from recipes that came from different countries.
I guess you're correct. This is a bit like a blog where we have to sort things out for ourselves which aren't self explanatory.

I think the problem is that if you have cook an American recipe then you have already worked out the substitute and measurements , you would then post the recipe you use.

I think babybird just copies and paste recipes that she actually hasn't cooked

• Wow
Reactions: DLHM

I know maybe they don't know how to look up. Some would rather have same boring stuff. Am 70 love experimenting with different types of food. Love to try everything.

Reactions: Littleboy8 and DLHM
I know maybe they don't know how to look up. Some would rather have same boring stuff. Am 70 love experimenting with different types of food. Love to try everything.
Do you cook in American measurements and with American ingredients?

I cook American and UK recipes. If I like a recipe that I've cooked then I will post with Australian ingredients and measurements.
If you are posting in an Australian forum then post using Australian ingredients and measurements

Even my mother who is 76 uses metric measurements .

People on here have imagination they just think you shouldn't be posting using ingredients that are not available here IN AUSTRALIA
And if you have actually made that recipe then post the Australian ingredients that YOU have used !!!!

VERY SIMPLE !!!!

Last edited:

A "stick" of butter?

You may as well start posting recipes with "1 1/2 grzywnas" of plain flour so NOBODY knows what you are talking about. Actually, a grzywna is equivalent to 200 grams. It works well in Poland though.... 😁