In the context of not knowing precisely what has transpired in this transaction, I think it is at least a little re-assuring to know that it never made it through Paypals security as noted by the person who put the post up.

As they contacted the client ("I was alerted by PayPal of suspicious activity") who took action to prevent whatever was taking place.

Be good to get additional info, otherwise it's just business as usual for me.

From the original poster:-

I have been hacked. Someone in Canada. I only use a debit card, but the scammers tried to spend 2,000uS on my account.

Why didn't the scammer use Canadian dollars?
No possum is going to sneak past eagle eyes here.
No chance in getting to munch on the snow-peas or apples in the patch!

It’s good that PayPal alerted you though……Blocking your card is the sensible thing to do and at least you didn’t lose anything hopefully….

Don't agree Tasmania is beautiful and has lots to offer.l've lived in Launceston and now in Hobart and love them both.
Tasmania is beautiful as long as you enjoy being frozen. Obviously you have never tried to buy mohair for teddy bear making or supplies to make to jewellery. I gave up shopping here, apart from food, a long time ago. Even my husband has found that some of the things he needs are unavailable in Launceston. Hobart offers more than up north, but apart from an over abundance of cafes & restaurants & the occasional stage show there isn’t a lot else of interest happening.

Tasmania is beautiful as long as you enjoy being frozen. Obviously you have never tried to buy mohair for teddy bear making or supplies to make to jewellery. I gave up shopping here, apart from food, a long time ago. Even my husband has found that some of the things he needs are unavailable in Launceston. Hobart offers more than up north, but apart from an over abundance of cafes & restaurants & the occasional stage show there isn’t a lot else of interest happening.
l agree you can't get everything you want and it is annoying and yes it is cold but l prefer it to being cooked on the mainland and the threat of bushfires. l'm from West Yorkshire and l'm used to the cold and snow. Be grateful you can see all the beauty around as lots can't

reading between the lines, i don't think you lost that money and that Paypal alerted you to act quickly and block your account? If so, well done Paypal.
I have used it for years without any hassle so hopefully it continues. These are very trying times and a lot of scammers are getting rich due to the amounts
they steal from us. One day these people will have to face their conscience for what they have done to others.

Reactions: JimmyFlatrock
Maybe, but I always drove up to 700 kms round trip for something I REALLY needed when I lived in a regional area.
Well considering I have never had trouble with PayPal and my security on my computer and PayPal is very tight - and accounts I have with vendors do not have my banking details, personal details apart from name, email and address ( not physical) , phone ( not listed) they are welcome to have a go.
And up to this point in time I have never driven any further than necessary for anything needed or otherwise from my nearest centre - I get parts, pumps, ceiling fans, shadecloth, anything required for replacements and repairs - clothing disability aids etc, groceries and have scripts filled - all online.
One thing I don't do and will never do is use my mobile for any of the above - the mobile is for calls, e-scripts, letting Ergon know when power is down, letting FireCom know when the behaviour of a bushfire changes - when hot embers start to fall and wind changes.
Anything that arrives on my mobile uninvited gets deleted immediately - so they tend to give up,

Reactions: JimmyFlatrock