I used to buy from them but when they sent me a faulty food vacuum sealer, which I reported immediately on receipt of the machine, they put the Onus on the supplier who they advertise for. It’s a bit like EBay. They are just a selling platform. It took me months to get my money back, minus the extra warranty time I paid for! Very disappointing!
Although I do a lot of shopping
with Temu, I don't buy anything electrical from overseas sites
Especially sites like EBay etc as they are just sellers, not manufacturers and you can't expect them to open and inspect every item.
Best to buy these items here in Australia where retail outlets are required to replace or refund on new faulty items ( even if they try to make you deal with the manufacturer, legally you do not have to).

Please tell us more about Temu. I've considered buying from it but you're the second person who has warned against Temu.

More info please ☺️.
There's nothing wrong with Temu. Some story started going round that they take your data just because it's a Chinese company. 🙄

They probably know less about you than websites like Facebook, Instagram etc. Even this one or your own bank.

Reactions: mylittletibbies
My daughter and I have used Temu with great results. Never an issue and returns so easy if unhappy. As usual, read small print for all these site and don't complain for your own mistakes. Also use Shein - again no problem providing you read the ads carefully.

If I'm looking to buy something online, Kogan isn't the first name I think of, it's always Amazon or eBay, both of which have always been good and efficient over the years.

My daughter and I have used Temu with great results. Never an issue and returns so easy if unhappy. As usual, read small print for all these site and don't complain for your own mistakes. Also use Shein - again no problem providing you read the ads carefully.
Good advice, in nearly all cases the mistakes are made by the purchaser for not reading the details and then they badmouth the site for their own mistakes.
Have never had a problem with any of the sites I deal with.

Bought and item from Kogan, the product was nothing like the description other than the photo. Took 9 months to get a refund. Can get same products from other online sellers for much less and better service too.

To stop companies from helping themselves to your money and it has happened to me too_One way to stop them is to have a bank especially for all the payouts .Just put enough in the bank to cover the amount

really! I've bought from Kogan for years & never had money taken out of my account. I've always found them to have high quality products & have been very happy with their service

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
I have dealt successfully with Kogan.com many time and found I had accepted the Kogan First offer to take advantage of the free delivery. It's free for 14 days and then you are charged for the annual fee. I simply cancelled Kogan First after the free delivery and was not charged. As always, buyer be aware.
I agree. I bought an air fryer from them a couple of years ago which stopped working within the guarantee period. Upon notifying them, they sent a replacement within a week and I was not required to return the original product.

As I've stated before I have dealt with Temu since they started, never had single problem
A lot of people who have never dealt with them are just repeating hearsay.
Their prices are great, free freight, but you just have to spend a certain amount.
Usually starts off at$25, mine recently went up to $35 which doesn't bother me because I'm usually spending more than that anyway.
Everything they state on their site is true, I had parcels that arrived a day or so late, not their fault it was Aust Post but they still gave me a $20 credit on my account for the four late deliveries.
If something doesn't fit, or is damaged or you're not happy with it they will credit you quickly and you usually don't need to return the product.
If you're buying clothes check the size table so you know they'll fit, read the product description of what you are buying.
I once made a purchase (not clothes) which was much smaller than I expected. My fault, if I had bothered to read the details I would have seen the size. Still they gave me an instant credit and I didn't have to return the goods
Make sure you log into their website yourself, don't click on any pop up ads because they could be scam sites.
Thank you. Good to know.

They can't do that if you haven't given them permission to deduct that money. Get onto consumer affairs & advise them what Kogan is doing.

They can't do that if you haven't given them permission to deduct that money. Get onto consumer affairs & advise them what Kogan is doing.
Problem being whether you clicked for the free delivery without reading the conditions.
Amazon do a similar thing, if you click on free delivery, in most cases, but not all, you are signing up for their monthly Prime subscription.
Don't just click, READ THE CONDITIONS!!!

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
This happened to me as well. If I buy anything on line I use Pay Pal. I complained to them about the charge and also rang Kogan and told them I did not agree to this charge. I had a refund within a week. Complain loud and long - ring every couple of days if you don't get your refund - they will get sick of you complaining!!!

Please tell us more about Temu. I've considered buying from it but you're the second person who has warned against Temu.

More info please ☺️.
I have been buying from Temu for some time. I have no. complaints, delivery s fast and the quality fair considering the low price

I have used them from time to time without any problem, then earlier this year I purchased an item from them. Later i had an email from them that time was running out on this item? and I would be charged this yearly membership I told them I wasn't interested. Late last week I had an email from them that This charge had been taken from my account, I got straight onto them and told them when I had cancelled their membership and gave them the relevant dates and no problem repaid to my account with their profuse apologies.

I buy regularly from Temu and have not had any issues. If the product does not live up to expectations they are very reasonable about it and give money back, most time don’t need to send back.