We had these when we finally moved to a house with electricity in 1965. Was so much easier than cooking toast on a wood stove and boiling a kettle on the top. Using the open fire in winter was much quicker for toast and there was always a kettle hanging above it for hot water. I remember buying my mum a new one of these jugs for Mother’s Day in 1970, we had to go outside to the tank to fill it as had no water connected into the first house we lived in with electricity. I bumped it against the tap and broke it and sliced my thumb open on it from under the knuckle to the bottom of my thumb in a semicircle shape. Mum patched it up, no stitches, took forever to heal. I have the large scar still visible after all these years. I was only showing my daughter the scar a couple of weeks ago when I was telling her about my adventurous childhood. I bought mum another jug the next week on payday. I still have the original jug like this we got for a wedding present in 1974, and a couple of spare elements in the cupboard. The jug is the bigger size one.. still have the cord as well, a bit frayed so don’t think it would be safe to use now.

Now I'm very curious to see what it looks like! :ROFLMAO:
They were the best my family had a hotpoint toaster and we loved making toasted sandwiches in it .we were only discussing these toasters a few days ago when we had the Breville sandwich maker out. If only they Made them now , it’s all non stick these days .

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
We had these when we finally moved to a house with electricity in 1965. Was so much easier than cooking toast on a wood stove and boiling a kettle on the top. Using the open fire in winter was much quicker for toast and there was always a kettle hanging above it for hot water. I remember buying my mum a new one of these jugs for Mother’s Day in 1970, we had to go outside to the tank to fill it as had no water connected into the first house we lived in with electricity. I bumped it against the tap and broke it and sliced my thumb open on it from under the knuckle to the bottom of my thumb in a semicircle shape. Mum patched it up, no stitches, took forever to heal. I have the large scar still visible after all these years. I was only showing my daughter the scar a couple of weeks ago when I was telling her about my adventurous childhood. I bought mum another jug the next week on payday. I still have the original jug like this we got for a wedding present in 1974, and a couple of spare elements in the cupboard. The jug is the bigger size one.. still have the cord as well, a bit frayed so don’t think it would be safe to use now.
They were made to last in those days .

Reactions: Jarred Santos
What this tells me is that you're a child any parent would be lucky to have, @Gsr :giggle:

MSM group is Mutual Sado Masochism. @Suzanne rose can explain since she was in the group.
Oh no I ment to say MSN On line groups some called chat rooms. To be honest similar to here .
Some were based on particular things. The one I was in was called not for the faint hearted.

Basically the group I was in anything goes but one rule respect others.

So I had sent a photo to hubby of my boobs, as a tease , yeh stupid . But I did things like that to him . But I forgot to delete the photo and somehow I posted it . I realised 5 minutes later and quickly deleted but not before people saw it.
Most groups were American including the one I was in