Goodbloke

Oct 12, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Music on YouTube

I find I do spend a fair amount of time these days on YouTube, so many shared great music tunes, plus concerts as well. Tonight I am listening to Simply Red serenading the crowd in front of the Opera House.....it's a stunning concert filmed at the magnificent Sydney Opera House in October 2010, Simply Red say a temporary Farewell to fans as they take time out from the spotlight, and celebrate a career that yielded over 50 million album sales and a raft of chart-topping singles. Mick is really doing a fine rendition of his tunes. Here is the link if it's of interest to you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.57.03 pm.png

I listen with my headphones on, the wife is on Netflix in her office.

I find I do spend a fair amount of time these days on YouTube, so many shared great music tunes, plus concerts as well. Tonight I am listening to Simply Red serenading the crowd in front of the Opera House.....it's a stunning concert filmed at the magnificent Sydney Opera House in October 2010, Simply Red say a temporary Farewell to fans as they take time out from the spotlight, and celebrate a career that yielded over 50 million album sales and a raft of chart-topping singles. Mick is really doing a fine rendition of his tunes. Here is the link if it's of interest to you.

View attachment 269

I listen with my headphones on, the wife is on Netflix in her office.

@Goodbloke this is fantastic. Have you been to many live concerts?

• Love
Reactions: LadyD
Dimash Kudaibergen
This was actually the first performance for the China competition's new season of The Singer 2017 [which was why the crowd was excited for it to start at the beginning] -- but what is often overlooked is that he was pretty much a complete unknown to that audience [he's from Kazakhstan and doesn't speak any Chinese] , and least expected or anticipated to do much since he was pretty much unknown to the audience [which is why he was placed to go first -- the most anticipated singers were set to perform last on that episode]. This was the first time the China audience and other performers on the show heard him sing. (Spoiler alert: He Won.)

He is incredible! How do you come across these videos @Goodbloke? Are they suggested to you by YouTube?
I like to think I find them, however Social Media tracked our preferences and watching habits, more than likely they are in my feed for me to find them, however I do listen to a range of music, sometimes you just fall over something very special, that was how I found Dimash, I was watching an episode of the Singer as Jessie J was on it, and he popped up. He is amazing.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I like to think I find them, however Social Media tracked our preferences and watching habits, more than likely they are in my feed for me to find them, however I do listen to a range of music, sometimes you just fall over something very special, that was how I found Dimash, I was watching an episode of the Singer as Jessie J was on it, and he popped up. He is amazing.
Yeah he really is amazing. Please keep sharing these :) they're great

Reactions: Goodbloke
A Danish orchestra, conducted by a skilled lady, plays the music from a movie made by an Italian, filmed in Spain, financed by Germans, and somehow it becomes the essence of America. When you fill a room with people who have spent their entire lives mastering a craft great things happen.

@Goodbloke I don't know if this fits your taste but I heard this recently and my life kinda changed forever.

Yes, brilliant version of a good original, the video is impressive also. One of my wife's favourite tunes at the moment. He is a very good singer, however the remainder of the band's playlist is perhaps a bit to heavy metal for my liking.

Billie Eilish
This is by far her best live performance ever. I can’t even express how perfect this whole thing sounds to me. I believe she's the youngest singer to do a Bond song. Plus she and her brother wrote the lyrics. It's so haunting. Billie is the whole package. Raw. Beautiful. Talented. And totally loyal to her brother Finneas... she could have bailed on him for a larger team of musicians (as many have done before her) but they remain in this together and no one else.

Billie Eilish
This is by far her best live performance ever. I can’t even express how perfect this whole thing sounds to me. I believe she's the youngest singer to do a Bond song. Plus she and her brother wrote the lyrics. It's so haunting. Billie is the whole package. Raw. Beautiful. Talented. And totally loyal to her brother Finneas... she could have bailed on him for a larger team of musicians (as many have done before her) but they remain in this together and no one else.

This version has the lyrics and orchestra.

Alessandro Safina with Sarah Brightman - Canto Della Terra​

This proves, at least to me, that there is nothing so powerful as the human voice raised in song! Sarah can sing, but feel the power when he comes in........awesome.