Mum shows off amazing fridge organisation skills – but people can’t help but notice ONE tiny detail

Cleaning and decluttering your fridge is not always an easy task – it takes a lot of hard work and organisational skills, coupled with experience in stacking boxes and bottles on top of each other (also known as ‘fridge tetris’), and proper judgement on whether it’s time to throw the leftover takeaway or not.

That’s why whenever you get the job done, you should be proud of yourself! A messy fridge can be a daunting sight, after all.

Take this one mum for example.

In a popular Facebook group for Kmart shoppers, one mum from Sydney shared a photo showing off her amazing fridge organisation skills.

Her fruits and veggies are all grouped and arranged inside airtight containers, the eggs are all lined up in a tray, several bottles of drinks are arranged neatly, and her spreads are organised at the topmost part.

“Loving the new clear containers from Kmart! My fridge looks amazing,” she wrote in her Facebook post.

And we have to agree! Her fridge really does look amazing – it looks so neat and organised, truly every household owner’s dream.

However, many were quick to point out a tiny detail they noticed in the photo.

While they have admired the mum’s impressive organisational skills, they also couldn’t help but ask why her jar of Vegemite is sitting on the top shelf, inside the fridge.

4wH5vyUiD1Jv_nz3XPAR5l6WzQ97aIIVupW526rNygiS0koESX8o5LHDarpFHJZywGzPJQ3G2GQBn_oErcOPBjMImT7wsXKfcar5xT5iLFhqvA4d0Ch6L5agVOv8e3JRCeqtz_YO

One mum sparked a debate online on where Vegemite should be stored. Credit: Facebook (left), Vegemite (right).

In the comments section, one woman wrote that she’d never heard of anyone who stored their jar of Vegemite in the fridge. Many fellow members of the Facebook group agreed with her and said it is unusual for the Aussie spread to be anywhere but the cupboard.

The mum responded to the members and defended herself in the comments. “I seriously didn't know it wasn't supposed to be in the fridge,” she said.

“My partner is Aussie and his family put their Vegemite inside the fridge so I did the same thing.”

According to the Vegemite website, the yeast spread is a “shelf-stable” product, meaning it doesn't need to be refrigerated after opening.

You can simply put the jar in your pantry, cupboard, or anywhere in your kitchen that is not affected by direct sunlight. Darker areas are better for food in general because the excess sunlight and heat can cause even shelf-stable products to go bad faster.

What about you, where do you store your Vegemite?

And did you know that apart from being used on toast, the iconic Aussie spread can also be used with a variety of other recipes?

Just take a look at how this one cook makes a Vegemite Chocolate No-bake Cheesecake! Sounds yum!

Credit: BuzzFeedOz.

Sponsored
I sometimes wonder why people go to the trouble of posting anything on social media. There's always someone out there who takes great delight in being critical and denegrating others about their personal choices. Who cares if you keep your Vegemite in the fridge. After spending a summer in Mount Isa I started keeping my Vegemite and peanut butter in the fridge. In fact I keep my coffee beans in the fridge too! Bugger all those critics! Do what suits you!

I sometimes wonder why people go to the trouble of posting anything on social media. There's always someone out there who takes great delight in being critical and denegrating others about their personal choices. Who cares if you keep your Vegemite in the fridge. After spending a summer in Mount Isa I started keeping my Vegemite and peanut butter in the fridge. In fact I keep my coffee beans in the fridge too! Bugger all those critics! Do what suits you!
I agree, it is personal choice, and circumstances affect personal choice.
When I used coffee beans, I kept them in the frig, too. I was told by a coffee merchant that they retain their flavour better if kept cool in a sealed container.

I must admit it never crossed my mind to put vegemite in the fridge. Unless it states on the jar/packet to be refrigerated after opening I tend to go by how things are purchased. If they are purchased from the chiller cabinets in the supermarket they go in the fridge and if they are bought off the shelves they go in the pantry. I thought that's how things worked!;):)

It is a great idea to have an organised fridge. It puts similar things together and would make it easier when writing your grocery list. It also prevents nasty surprises you sometimes find pushed to the back

Reactions: Ricci
I always keep Vegemite in the fridge because I have lived in the hot tropics of Queensland. We love our Vegemite but if we didn't eat it fast enough when it was stored in the cupboard it developed a mould across the surface. I threw two bottles out before I learned that it shouldn't be stored in the pantry in the tropics. So we keep it in the fridge and we never have any trouble spreading it.

I have always kept my vegemite I the fridge. My mother did the same so I would say I just followed her lead
My Mum always kept Vegemite in the frig too, that's why I don't. I remember trying to spread it on a gorgeous slice from a fresh high tin loaf, tearing holes in it as I went ...maybe it was the very cold butter which did the damage first?
Maybe it was my very young age when Mum was at work?

I'm with you Leanneh, do your own thing and don't worry about what others do. If you must say something make it constructive and be nice.

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci
I always keep Vegemite in the fridge because I have lived in the hot tropics of Queensland. We love our Vegemite but if we didn't eat it fast enough when it was stored in the cupboard it developed a mould across the surface. I threw two bottles out before I learned that it shouldn't be stored in the pantry in the tropics. So we keep it in the fridge and we never have any trouble spreading it.
It all depends on where you live. We live in the tropics too and everything is kept in the fridge. We have 2 fridges for food (and of course 1 more for beer). When we lived down south the pantry was fine for most stuff.

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci
I must admit it never crossed my mind to put vegemite in the fridge. Unless it states on the jar/packet to be refrigerated after opening I tend to go by how things are purchased. If they are purchased from the chiller cabinets in the supermarket they go in the fridge and if they are bought off the shelves they go in the pantry. I thought that's how things worked!;):)
I did for a good while thinking I should to keep it fresh, but getting the Vegemite out and spreading it from the knife is more difficult that way. I put it in my dark Cupboard now and it's great to spread.

Reactions: 68autobug and Ricci
Mum shows off amazing fridge organisation skills – but people can’t help but notice ONE tiny detail

Cleaning and decluttering your fridge is not always an easy task – it takes a lot of hard work and organisational skills, coupled with experience in stacking boxes and bottles on top of each other (also known as ‘fridge tetris’), and proper judgement on whether it’s time to throw the leftover takeaway or not.

That’s why whenever you get the job done, you should be proud of yourself! A messy fridge can be a daunting sight, after all.

Take this one mum for example.

In a popular Facebook group for Kmart shoppers, one mum from Sydney shared a photo showing off her amazing fridge organisation skills.

Her fruits and veggies are all grouped and arranged inside airtight containers, the eggs are all lined up in a tray, several bottles of drinks are arranged neatly, and her spreads are organised at the topmost part.

“Loving the new clear containers from Kmart! My fridge looks amazing,” she wrote in her Facebook post.

And we have to agree! Her fridge really does look amazing – it looks so neat and organised, truly every household owner’s dream.

However, many were quick to point out a tiny detail they noticed in the photo.

While they have admired the mum’s impressive organisational skills, they also couldn’t help but ask why her jar of Vegemite is sitting on the top shelf, inside the fridge.

4wH5vyUiD1Jv_nz3XPAR5l6WzQ97aIIVupW526rNygiS0koESX8o5LHDarpFHJZywGzPJQ3G2GQBn_oErcOPBjMImT7wsXKfcar5xT5iLFhqvA4d0Ch6L5agVOv8e3JRCeqtz_YO

One mum sparked a debate online on where Vegemite should be stored. Credit: Facebook (left), Vegemite (right).

In the comments section, one woman wrote that she’d never heard of anyone who stored their jar of Vegemite in the fridge. Many fellow members of the Facebook group agreed with her and said it is unusual for the Aussie spread to be anywhere but the cupboard.

The mum responded to the members and defended herself in the comments. “I seriously didn't know it wasn't supposed to be in the fridge,” she said.

“My partner is Aussie and his family put their Vegemite inside the fridge so I did the same thing.”

According to the Vegemite website, the yeast spread is a “shelf-stable” product, meaning it doesn't need to be refrigerated after opening.

You can simply put the jar in your pantry, cupboard, or anywhere in your kitchen that is not affected by direct sunlight. Darker areas are better for food in general because the excess sunlight and heat can cause even shelf-stable products to go bad faster.

What about you, where do you store your Vegemite?

And did you know that apart from being used on toast, the iconic Aussie spread can also be used with a variety of other recipes?

Just take a look at how this one cook makes a Vegemite Chocolate No-bake Cheesecake! Sounds yum!

Credit: BuzzFeedOz.

Store it in the garbage…yuk!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci