Mum shares THREE MUST-KNOW LIFE HACKS for people who struggle with keeping their space neat and tidy — “Keen to try these!”

Do you have tangled and unorganised cables and wires at home? We’re willing to bet you do. Who doesn’t right?

Melbourne mum-of-two Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila, has revealed three must-know hacks for people who struggle to keep their spaces neat and tidy.

Chantel, who has gained prominence for sharing her simple organisation and cleaning hacks, took to TikTok to share that she only uses common household items to organise her home.

Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_

The first trick she shares is organising charging cables and extra wires using adhesive hooks.

In the video, Mama Mila simply places the adhesive hooks on her bedside to hide and organise the wires.

NA0XFz5Zjwq2EZajUrelV6dfdQr5LefNU3beIqG6Q4vHI5j0AeO3ssIvEaJE4n9QuF8lQ83gcJOCUz8oumzzSX2UiGXVbD-t82Qzd-KmZp_mkZ3dZShEHYoVSdM9HkG8A-7RYRk

Adhesive hooks can help you organise your wires and charge cables. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Next, the mum-of-two demonstrates how she detangles knotted chains using olive oil.

Chantel pours a significant amount of olive oil onto a tangled chain and rubs it together until the chain "magically" detangles itself. How have we never heard about this before?!

Finally, Mama Mila wows TikTok users with her simple trick to maximise the space of her closet using soda tabs.

You read that right, folks! Soda tabs can be used to hang extra clothes on the same wire hanger, saving you a lot of closet space.

xF7JSAJ2KTkmWlKOviTlqzFyLRX1uNkC2wYBNHDzxZ4fNyRU8YDyOssm8Q_iAOH8weOqkwg94ZeZ2FBuylNU2S4V2rL8AZClbexHkfLw_q0MyuHmvo2tn0xGb3CPyTEEcEN6Yf0
LzUWBFP1h9jyyeBEqxQMREUH5twQlqWiYSRkuiOGRU4dIJlk7KJZugrDMF5EWmsXAXJ4idGG1jSbKtqZ53O8L_ujb-kXViXiWWNxKMiRi1sKKAxRBOD_ApEp2OqqSWvdxc3PZoY

Other hacks shared include detangling knotted jewellery and saving up closet space using soda tabs. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

The video racked up more than 176,000 views and over 9,000 likes, with many TikTok users going absolutely mad for the hacks and pledging their interest in using them.

One woman wrote: "My jewellery box is a mess. My bracelets and necklaces are always coiled around each other. Keen to try this hack!"

'I never have enough room for my clothes. I cannot wait to optimise my closet.' another quipped.

How about you? Do you know of any other organising hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Reactions: Ricci and reecekru
Sponsored
Mum shares THREE MUST-KNOW LIFE HACKS for people who struggle with keeping their space neat and tidy — “Keen to try these!”

Do you have tangled and unorganised cables and wires at home? We’re willing to bet you do. Who doesn’t right?

Melbourne mum-of-two Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila, has revealed three must-know hacks for people who struggle to keep their spaces neat and tidy.

Chantel, who has gained prominence for sharing her simple organisation and cleaning hacks, took to TikTok to share that she only uses common household items to organise her home.

The first trick she shares is organising charging cables and extra wires using adhesive hooks.

In the video, Mama Mila simply places the adhesive hooks on her bedside to hide and organise the wires.

NA0XFz5Zjwq2EZajUrelV6dfdQr5LefNU3beIqG6Q4vHI5j0AeO3ssIvEaJE4n9QuF8lQ83gcJOCUz8oumzzSX2UiGXVbD-t82Qzd-KmZp_mkZ3dZShEHYoVSdM9HkG8A-7RYRk

Adhesive hooks can help you organise your wires and charge cables. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Next, the mum-of-two demonstrates how she detangles knotted chains using olive oil.

Chantel pours a significant amount of olive oil onto a tangled chain and rubs it together until the chain "magically" detangles itself. How have we never heard about this before?!

Finally, Mama Mila wows TikTok users with her simple trick to maximise the space of her closet using soda tabs.

You read that right, folks! Soda tabs can be used to hang extra clothes on the same wire hanger, saving you a lot of closet space.

xF7JSAJ2KTkmWlKOviTlqzFyLRX1uNkC2wYBNHDzxZ4fNyRU8YDyOssm8Q_iAOH8weOqkwg94ZeZ2FBuylNU2S4V2rL8AZClbexHkfLw_q0MyuHmvo2tn0xGb3CPyTEEcEN6Yf0
LzUWBFP1h9jyyeBEqxQMREUH5twQlqWiYSRkuiOGRU4dIJlk7KJZugrDMF5EWmsXAXJ4idGG1jSbKtqZ53O8L_ujb-kXViXiWWNxKMiRi1sKKAxRBOD_ApEp2OqqSWvdxc3PZoY

Other hacks shared include detangling knotted jewellery and saving up closet space using soda tabs. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

The video racked up more than 176,000 views and over 9,000 likes, with many TikTok users going absolutely mad for the hacks and pledging their interest in using them.

One woman wrote: "My jewellery box is a mess. My bracelets and necklaces are always coiled around each other. Keen to try this hack!"

'I never have enough room for my clothes. I cannot wait to optimise my closet.' another quipped.

How about you? Do you know of any other organising hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Thank you for your tips and advice. Can’t wait for others to share.

I use a little hook with a magnet attached on my frig to keep a pair of scissors to open packets which I can no longer pull open.
I've been using ring pulls from cans of tuna for years to add to my coat hangers to pair up 'sets', blouses with slacks.
As for the jewellery.....a bit of talcum powder in your hand or on the bench or in the corner of a plastic bag, roll your tangled necklaces in it to untangle.....give a little rub between your fingers, magic....no more tangles.
Not messy like olive oil would be.

This is a version of a trick the jewellers do as they use a vibrating tumbler to loosen the knots from chains. Gently place the chain in something like a plastic takeaway container, or a small lunchbox with just enough water to cover the necklace. And place the dish on top of your washing machine and turn on a spin cycle. The vibrations should start to loosen the knots within a few minutes. Then it’s just a matter of rubbing the knot gently in between your fingers to untangle it. Ta da!!!

Reactions: Sue Lay
The Soda tab had me stumped until I worked out you meant a Ring Pull from a drink can.

Ring Pulls or "Soda Tabs" are collected by the Freemasons, who on-sell to aid manufacture the moving parts of prosthetic limbs for land mine victims - often children.
* Hang a little bag in the kitchen and every ring pull, soda tab, goes into that bag. Then take a good donation in one hit!
I wld be wary of using these near clothes bcz of sharp metal catching, snagging, tearing my clothes.
Instead, I bought a bag of 20 plastic hanger tabs on ebay for $3-$4. Much nicer, and the Freemasons get my ring pull collections.
* Old spectacles, sun glasses, even broken ones missing an arm or broken frame all go in one bag for donation to any SPEC SAVERS shop. These are professionally repaired and given to 3rd world people who have no access to eye glasses or "sunnies".
* The RSPCA still collects bags of Stamps. DO NOT soak them off. Leave on envelope & cut or tear around the stamp leaving 2cm margin or more if possible.
* Bags of Corks go to yr Council Depot.
* DVDS, Batteries, Light Globes go to Council office boxes, at Council, or in Libraries (Victoria).
* Wooden Icypole sticks (washed please) go in Compost/Green Waste bins.
* Teabags: string in rubbish, paper tab in recycling, Let bag dry & empty tea-leaves onto yr garden or pot plants or into compost bin, put the bag into yr rubbish bin.
*Old MakeUp: Priceline and Chemist Warehouse should still accept it
* Rebel Sports shops: recycle sneakers, trainers, runners in store. Please clean dirt, mud, chewing gum off first!
* If throwing out Old clothes too ratty for Op Shops, REMOVE BUTTONS AND ZIPPERS, any Toggles, Leather patches, metal rings and studs first.
Op Shops like jars of buttons, rings, studs, and clean zips as sewers often hunt for these things.
* If donating clothes, they MUST be WASHED properly, and worthy of sale. WASH, Iron and FOLD properly then put in a clean plastic bag and donate properly. Charities cannot afford the enormous tip fees charged by council to get rid of dirty, smells items not even worthy to be rags.
Please donate, but do it properly.