We have just finished watching 3 seasons of Outer Banks on Netflix and will be looking forward to the next season. It's about finding treasure.

Have been watching the TV series Vera on SBS on demand, there seems to be no case she can unravel, hope this series keeps going, otherwise I shall be watching re runs.

Have watched all of Happy Valley and loved it. Watch for Stephen Graham in british series/films, he is great. Another one to watch is The Rig, now thats creepy but really good. We have BritishTV.org and beats any Foxtel offer hands down. British TV requires the internet, an email address, a firestick from JB HiFi and costs approx $88 AUD PER YEAR - Yep, PER YEAR. We were originally paying that per month with Foxtel. If you love sports, british crime/drama and hundreds upon hundreds of channels of choice from everywhere - say no more. (my husband nd myself own and run a small Licensed Post Office and we see 3 Foxtel units being returned per week, how any are the other larger Post Offices seeing?)
Will definitely check this out, I have Britbox and love that.

OMG! These are all great recommendations. I'm definitely adding some of these to my watchlist. :love: But Outlander and Grace & Frankie caught my eye! I'm also particularly curious about Where the Crawdads Sing. Just watched the trailer and it looks eerie and thrilling- just what I'm looking for. :D But it got a 34% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. :unsure:Do you guys check the ratings first before you watch a show? Because I do. My passing rate is 70% for drama/ thriller movies, and 50% for rom coms :p
I personally think whoever gave Where the Crawdads sing such a low rating should get themselves a new job.
Everyone I know who has seen it thought it was great.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Movies and TV series recommendation

Hey there, members!

After an insistent public demand, I've decided to create this Movies and TV series recommendation thread. I know that a lot of you have some fantastic movies and TV shows to recommend, and I'm excited to see what you all have in store.

I'm particularly fond of psychological thrillers, dark comedies, and drama, but I don't snub a rom-com when I need a feel-good film to chill with my partner.

To give you a better idea of my taste, some of my all-time favourites include The Pianist, Shawshank Redemption, Triangle of Sadness, Inglourious Basterds, Get Out, and Inception. For TV series, my favourites are Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, and Sherlock.

Now, I'd love to hear from you all - what are your current favourites, and what have you been watching recently that you would recommend?

Let's get this thread going - share your thoughts and recommendations below!

View attachment 15651
Credits: Paramount Pictures, 1972

5 feet apart beautiful movie

Hey there, members!

After an insistent public demand, I've decided to create this Movies and TV series recommendation thread. I know that a lot of you have some fantastic movies and TV shows to recommend, and I'm excited to see what you all have in store.

I'm particularly fond of psychological thrillers, dark comedies, and drama, but I don't snub a rom-com when I need a feel-good film to chill with my partner.

To give you a better idea of my taste, some of my all-time favourites include The Pianist, Shawshank Redemption, Triangle of Sadness, Inglourious Basterds, Get Out, and Inception. For TV series, my favourites are Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, and Sherlock.

Now, I'd love to hear from you all - what are your current favourites, and what have you been watching recently that you would recommend?

View attachment 15651

Definately Outlander (the books are way better but the t.v series is really good too with excellent casting of characters!).

Hey there, members!

View attachment 15651

Clickbait on Netflix

We have also watched limited series of Women at War and Fire of Destiny. I recommend both to watch, it will have you on the edge of your seat.

OMG! These are all great recommendations. I'm definitely adding some of these to my watchlist. :love: But Outlander and Grace & Frankie caught my eye! I'm also particularly curious about Where the Crawdads Sing. Just watched the trailer and it looks eerie and thrilling- just what I'm looking for. :D But it got a 34% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. :unsure:Do you guys check the ratings first before you watch a show? Because I do. My passing rate is 70% for drama/ thriller movies, and 50% for rom coms :p
I never check the ratings if I did I would have missed alot of great movies.

It's the same as when a friend recommends something I might love it or hate it .

I love watching trailers that usually gets me in.

My daughter recommended Grace n Frankie and I absolutely loved it . She recommended another series which I haven't watched as yet . I will post the name later as I forgot it

I watched All Quiet on the Western Front. It was amazingly true to life and times. Lots of mud.

I have watched a few dog movies like Saved by Ruby and Oddball which I recommend on Netflix.
If you like scary movies try The Watcher it is a limited series on Netflix.