Member Spotlight: Finding enjoyment in all things with member @Babybird

You’ve likely spotted member @Babybird featured in our newsletters for fantastic recipes and all things positivity and inspiration! We always have a smile on our faces here at the SDC HQ when we see member @Babybird has a new post. In honour of this, we reached out to learn more about them. Without further ado, meet member @Babybird.

I am 68 and was a fashion designer of christening wear. I had my own label, Cutiepye, and my first order was 3,500 units from a shop. Most of my designs are still under my phone number.

I’m a jack of all trades and have lived on a farm for 18 years. I even used to cut my own wood.

I enjoy cooking and travelling. The many places I have travelled to include China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and a European River Cruise. I also visited part of Africa, Italy and Greece for two weeks, then part of the Middle East. My next trip will be the France River Cruise.

shutterstock_2186125043 (1).jpg
I enjoy gardening, driving, exploring little towns, meeting new people, learning new cultures, and trying new food. Most of all, I enjoy living life fully.

I have itchy feet and don't like doing nothing, so I keep busy. Put it this way, when I am out on the road, it's like I am breathing, especially among nature.

I divorced over 20 years ago and used to run a singles’ social group of 300 men and women. I organised trips and nights out, days away, etc. Out of that group, 12 couples met and got married.

I previously worked at Telstra as a Supervisor in their complaint department. I also worked and have a diploma in welfare. I worked as a nanny, at a childcare centre, with the elderly and in disability care.

Animals come to me to help or play. Remind me to tell you a story about kangaroos one day. And the wombat.

I joined this club to expand my horizons. It’s been good for different viewpoints and cultures.

Fun fact about me: I enjoy live music and belly dancing.

If someone tells me I can't do something, I take up the challenge and prove them wrong. I am also into alternative stuff, such as meditation and yoga. Lately, I’ve been learning about foraging and identifying edible plants and their benefits.

Words of wisdom: Never let anyone or anything get you down. It’s their opinion. Only you know who you are and what you are capable of doing.

I left school at 13 and looked after my four siblings while my parents worked. Later, I completed my education with flying colours.

I’m a positive person by nature. I’ve been on so many journeys in life, good and bad. The bad made me a fighter and stronger. The good I enjoyed and expanded.

Note from the Editor:

If you loved reading member @Babybird’s member spotlight, leave a kind word below! Maybe you’d like to read more about a specific part! I, for one, would love to hear about this singles club…

Are you interested in trying meditation? Here’s a ‘5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere’.

Sponsored
You’ve likely spotted member @Babybird featured in our newsletters for fantastic recipes and all things positivity and inspiration! We always have a smile on our faces here at the SDC HQ when we see member @Babybird has a new post. In honour of this, we reached out to learn more about them. Without further ado, meet member @Babybird.

I am 68 and was a fashion designer of christening wear. I had my own label, Cutiepye, and my first order was 3,500 units from a shop. Most of my designs are still under my phone number.

I’m a jack of all trades and have lived on a farm for 18 years. I even used to cut my own wood.

I enjoy cooking and travelling. The many places I have travelled to include China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and a European River Cruise. I also visited part of Africa, Italy and Greece for two weeks, then part of the Middle East. My next trip will be the France River Cruise.

View attachment 29257
I enjoy gardening, driving, exploring little towns, meeting new people, learning new cultures, and trying new food. Most of all, I enjoy living life fully.

I have itchy feet and don't like doing nothing, so I keep busy. Put it this way, when I am out on the road, it's like I am breathing, especially among nature.

I divorced over 20 years ago and used to run a singles’ social group of 300 men and women. I organised trips and nights out, days away, etc. Out of that group, 12 couples met and got married.

I previously worked at Telstra as a Supervisor in their complaint department. I also worked and have a diploma in welfare. I worked as a nanny, at a childcare centre, with the elderly and in disability care.

Animals come to me to help or play. Remind me to tell you a story about kangaroos one day. And the wombat.

I joined this club to expand my horizons. It’s been good for different viewpoints and cultures.

If someone tells me I can't do something, I take up the challenge and prove them wrong. I am also into alternative stuff, such as meditation and yoga. Lately, I’ve been learning about foraging and identifying edible plants and their benefits.

Words of wisdom: Never let anyone or anything get you down. It’s their opinion. Only you know who you are and what you are capable of doing.

I left school at 13 and looked after my four siblings while my parents worked. Later, I completed my education with flying colours.

I’m a positive person by nature. I’ve been on so many journeys in life, good and bad. The bad made me a fighter and stronger. The good I enjoyed and expanded.

Note from the Editor:

If you loved reading member @Babybird’s member spotlight, leave a kind word below! Maybe you’d like to read more about a specific part! I, for one, would love to hear about this singles club…

Are you interested in trying meditation? Here’s a ‘5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere’.

What a strong, smart and giving person you are...! Keep up the good work by setting all these, wonderful, multiple examples. Anyone who works in welfare is always a hero in my eyes.
Honoured to have 'met' you and proud to have you with us.

PS: From one animal lover to another - love your user name Babybird!

😍🐥🌹

View attachment 29257

Note from the Editor:

I will take on her wonderful words of wisdom

What a strong, smart and giving person you are...! Keep up the good work by setting all these, wonderful, multiple examples. Anyone who works in welfare is always a hero in my eyes.

😍🐥🌹
Thank u nice to meet you
Take care

View attachment 29257

Note from the Editor:

The meditation is great....we all need to do this daily ....thankyou 🧘‍♀️

View attachment 29257

Note from the Editor:

Amazing lady....am inspiration to all.

View attachment 29257

Note from the Editor:

"You go girl" 🤩

what an amazing life that you have lived thus far. Hope that you continue to live a long and healthy life and enjoy experiencing many new adventures. You really are a wonderful person, so happy to have heard your story.
Thank you am a gypsy at heart always wandering, but I would not have it any other way

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8

😍🐥🌹
Me also 😍

Reactions: Ezzy and Babybird