Member Spotlight: Finding enjoyment in all things with member @Babybird

You’ve likely spotted member @Babybird featured in our newsletters for fantastic recipes and all things positivity and inspiration! We always have a smile on our faces here at the SDC HQ when we see member @Babybird has a new post. In honour of this, we reached out to learn more about them. Without further ado, meet member @Babybird.

I am 68 and was a fashion designer of christening wear. I had my own label, Cutiepye, and my first order was 3,500 units from a shop. Most of my designs are still under my phone number.

I’m a jack of all trades and have lived on a farm for 18 years. I even used to cut my own wood.

I enjoy cooking and travelling. The many places I have travelled to include China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and a European River Cruise. I also visited part of Africa, Italy and Greece for two weeks, then part of the Middle East. My next trip will be the France River Cruise.

shutterstock_2186125043 (1).jpg
I enjoy gardening, driving, exploring little towns, meeting new people, learning new cultures, and trying new food. Most of all, I enjoy living life fully.

I have itchy feet and don't like doing nothing, so I keep busy. Put it this way, when I am out on the road, it's like I am breathing, especially among nature.

I divorced over 20 years ago and used to run a singles’ social group of 300 men and women. I organised trips and nights out, days away, etc. Out of that group, 12 couples met and got married.

I previously worked at Telstra as a Supervisor in their complaint department. I also worked and have a diploma in welfare. I worked as a nanny, at a childcare centre, with the elderly and in disability care.

Animals come to me to help or play. Remind me to tell you a story about kangaroos one day. And the wombat.

I joined this club to expand my horizons. It’s been good for different viewpoints and cultures.

Fun fact about me: I enjoy live music and belly dancing.

If someone tells me I can't do something, I take up the challenge and prove them wrong. I am also into alternative stuff, such as meditation and yoga. Lately, I’ve been learning about foraging and identifying edible plants and their benefits.

Words of wisdom: Never let anyone or anything get you down. It’s their opinion. Only you know who you are and what you are capable of doing.

I left school at 13 and looked after my four siblings while my parents worked. Later, I completed my education with flying colours.

I’m a positive person by nature. I’ve been on so many journeys in life, good and bad. The bad made me a fighter and stronger. The good I enjoyed and expanded.

Note from the Editor:

If you loved reading member @Babybird’s member spotlight, leave a kind word below! Maybe you’d like to read more about a specific part! I, for one, would love to hear about this singles club…

Are you interested in trying meditation? Here’s a ‘5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere’.

Sponsored
One day I will tell u story behind that, a baby honey eater with a long beek adopted me as his mum.
I had a baby sparrow who did the same thing we called him twerpy😁he used to snuggle in our hair while we cleaned the lodge. Lived to a ripe old age funny little fella.😸

Reactions: Babybird
You sound like a strong and inspiring person to me .
I’m more kind the same , never give up , be positive and I grew up on a farm , milking cows by hand and chopping wood as well. Good for you , you are very talented ! Keep up the good work. (y) :).

You’ve likely spotted member @Babybird featured in our newsletters for fantastic recipes and all things positivity and inspiration! We always have a smile on our faces here at the SDC HQ when we see member @Babybird has a new post. In honour of this, we reached out to learn more about them. Without further ado, meet member @Babybird.

I am 68 and was a fashion designer of christening wear. I had my own label, Cutiepye, and my first order was 3,500 units from a shop. Most of my designs are still under my phone number.

I’m a jack of all trades and have lived on a farm for 18 years. I even used to cut my own wood.

I enjoy cooking and travelling. The many places I have travelled to include China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and a European River Cruise. I also visited part of Africa, Italy and Greece for two weeks, then part of the Middle East. My next trip will be the France River Cruise.

View attachment 29257
I enjoy gardening, driving, exploring little towns, meeting new people, learning new cultures, and trying new food. Most of all, I enjoy living life fully.

I have itchy feet and don't like doing nothing, so I keep busy. Put it this way, when I am out on the road, it's like I am breathing, especially among nature.

I divorced over 20 years ago and used to run a singles’ social group of 300 men and women. I organised trips and nights out, days away, etc. Out of that group, 12 couples met and got married.

I previously worked at Telstra as a Supervisor in their complaint department. I also worked and have a diploma in welfare. I worked as a nanny, at a childcare centre, with the elderly and in disability care.

Animals come to me to help or play. Remind me to tell you a story about kangaroos one day. And the wombat.

I joined this club to expand my horizons. It’s been good for different viewpoints and cultures.

If someone tells me I can't do something, I take up the challenge and prove them wrong. I am also into alternative stuff, such as meditation and yoga. Lately, I’ve been learning about foraging and identifying edible plants and their benefits.

Words of wisdom: Never let anyone or anything get you down. It’s their opinion. Only you know who you are and what you are capable of doing.

I left school at 13 and looked after my four siblings while my parents worked. Later, I completed my education with flying colours.

I’m a positive person by nature. I’ve been on so many journeys in life, good and bad. The bad made me a fighter and stronger. The good I enjoyed and expanded.

Note from the Editor:

If you loved reading member @Babybird’s member spotlight, leave a kind word below! Maybe you’d like to read more about a specific part! I, for one, would love to hear about this singles club…

Are you interested in trying meditation? Here’s a ‘5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere’.

Just great to hear another positive person with me the glass is always half full not half empty

Reactions: Ezzy and Babybird

View attachment 29257

Note from the Editor:

I love her recipes as now she always adds the calorie count information (so helpful for my son). Wonderful members Spotlight, was interesting to read.

You are an amazing lady.
I am only months from age 72 & am fascinated with your achievements.
I would like to hear about the kangaroo, wombat & any other creature which adopted you.
Like to hear about your travels too, places some of us only know by name.

Thankyou April for adding in the Meditation. I listened to this & REALIZE this could form a big part of my day, especially when thinking about retiring before 1.30 am each night.

You are an amazing lady.
I am only months from age 72 & am fascinated with your achievements.
I would like to hear about the kangaroo, wombat & any other creature which adopted you.
Like to hear about your travels too, places some of us only know by name.

Thankyou April for adding in the Meditation. I listened to this & REALIZE this could form a big part of my day, especially when thinking about retiring before 1.30 am each night.
It was a big Gray that had barbed wire tangled on its leg .
When watering orchard it would come closer every day. Didn't know what was wrong but it limbed stared at me.
As you know big grays have long nails that can cause lot damage too any human or animal.
I hesitated for a while but could see it meant no harm from his eyes..I came closer to see wire wrapped around its right hoof or leg blood coming out.

Got wire cutters and iodine, I was little scared but kept talking to it, it didn't move just sat there looked into my eyes, I bent down slowly sat next to it talked with it to let it know was trying to help he didn't move like it knew.
Picked wire cutter snipped part wire off vert slowly removed it..it was embedded in its foot, again it didn't move, a sigh of relief 😅 than removed it bit by bit, expected it to jump when I put iodine, it didn't.
Just sat there for a while, got it some bread it ate it.

When I came out hour later it was gone,
But came back each day sat in same spot, as though say thank you or keep me company, it did that for week.
I didn't see it after that

It was a big Gray that had barbed wire tangled on its leg .
When watering orchard it would come closer every day. Didn't know what was wrong but it limbed stared at me.
As you know big grays have long nails that can cause lot damage too any human or animal.
I hesitated for a while but could see it meant no harm from his eyes..I came closer to see wire wrapped around its right hoof or leg blood coming out.

Got wire cutters and iodine, I was little scared but kept talking to it, it didn't move just sat there looked into my eyes, I bent down slowly sat next to it talked with it to let it know was trying to help he didn't move like it knew.
Picked wire cutter snipped part wire off vert slowly removed it..it was embedded in its foot, again it didn't move, a sigh of relief 😅 than removed it bit by bit, expected it to jump when I put iodine, it didn't.
Just sat there for a while, got it some bread it ate it.

When I came out hour later it was gone,
But came back each day sat in same spot, as though say thank you or keep me company, it did that for week.
I didn't see it after that
Thankyou for sharing this beautiful occassion with us.
I can visualise every thing you did as you did this & too the relief felt by you & your 'patient' when you had done all you could.
I could see the wire ripping the flesh & the wounds caused by this & it has caused my emotions to erupt.
Thankyou for helping one of God's creatures & relieving the pain felt by it.
Animals & birds do know who they can trust & mean them no harm, they sense it.
Certainly a brave action on your part regardless.
It is a privilege to know you.

Thankyou for sharing this beautiful occassion with us.
I can visualise every thing you did as you did this & too the relief felt by you & your 'patient' when you had done all you could.
I could see the wire ripping the flesh & the wounds caused by this & it has caused my emotions to erupt.
Thankyou for helping one of God's creatures & relieving the pain felt by it.
Animals & birds do know who they can trust & mean them no harm, they sense it.
Certainly a brave action on your part regardless.
It is a privilege to know you.
Thank you always been, nature person native animals bush etc.when dad brought the farm I was so ecstatic we put 20 acres aside as native sanctuary fenced it off so no dogs can bother them

Thank you always been, nature person native animals bush etc.when dad brought the farm I was so ecstatic we put 20 acres aside as native sanctuary fenced it off so no dogs can bother them
Such a lovely gesture for those creatures. 20 acres is a large parcel of land to forfeit too. Thankyou.

I still believe this was a magnanimous gesture. A 50% parcel of land given over to ensure the livelihood of those creatures.

I still believe this was a magnanimous gesture. A 50% parcel of land given over to ensure the livelihood of those creatures.
The national parks and wildlife made-up a sign for the gate...saying animal sanctuary.
Which was great and listed it in there magazine

Reactions: Ezzy
MDe
Does this sanctuary still exist or have those creatures been evicted from their natural homes?
Made sure new owner (when dad sold farm )
Was going to uphold and keep that for native animals , a caveat that piece not to be developed, just for the animals, the new owner was into keeping it as it is.

They do that in tassie the signs say”land for wildlife”donated mostly by farmers.🙀
Caveat makes sure can't be sold or developed. Stipulation it is native sanctuary
That's how it's been registered. That is how it's going to stay
New owner loves native animals , going to use as weekender.

MDe

Made sure new owner (when dad sold farm )
Was going to uphold and keep that for native animals , a caveat that piece not to be developed, just for the animals, the new owner was into keeping it as it is.
Pleasing to know. Your father was a very wise person. Found the right buyer too. Thankyou.