Cattersfan

May 17, 2022
Making the best choice harder?!

Hi there,
I thought you might be as intrigued as I was with this one.

I always, ALWAYS purchase Australian produce wherever I can, regardless of the few extra cents this often incurs (which is another point that baffles me!)

Yesterday at my local (Sarina, NQ) Woolies store, I wanted garlic. As you can see in my photo, I needed a PHD in garlic varieties to discern the Australian from the Argentinian garlic on offer!

I asked one of the produce managers - he shook his head and said he doesn't understand it either, but it's happening more & more these days. Thankfully, he was able to direct me to a different part of the produce section, where there were little string 'onion bags' of Australian garlic cloves, at a lesser cost than the ones depicted. Why are they making it harder to buy Australian, is my question?

• Wow
Reactions: Sethia Soliman

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×