Littleoldme

Feb 2, 2022
Learning New Tricks

Hello from Littleoldme, I’m 64 my hubbie David is 66. Moved to Umina Beach last year where we did some extensive home renovations. David works in his own small business, I work with him part time but want to phase that out and make new friends (not that I don’t like the old ones I’d just like some locals to rediscover life with as well). Need to learn some new tricks in order to remain relevant and not disappear into a senior's oblivion. I also want to help others uncover their true value as senior people, far too many just fade away unseen by younger eyes - I’d like to find others who know they probably still have many years ahead and wish to make them as happy as they can.

Welcome aboard to both of you! I love Umina - it's a beautiful part of the country.

Definitely agree re the importance of making new friends... In my experience it gets harder as you get older, but there might be some interesting local events over at https://www.meetup.com/ that you can go to?

Welcome aboard to both of you! I love Umina - it's a beautiful part of the country.

Definitely agree re the importance of making new friends... In my experience it gets harder as you get older, but there might be some interesting local events over at https://www.meetup.com/ that you can go to?
Thanks Jonathan, much appreciate the information about meet up too. We’ve also joined another community website where we’ve met some lovely locals and do some voluntary work as well. Love this area and still so close to Sydney to see the fireworks when they happen, even on a stormy day it’s wonfderful to be here. 😁