King Charles cuts off contact with Prince Harry amid growing ‘threat’

The British Royal Family, a symbol of tradition and stability, is facing a new chapter of discord as reports emerge that King Charles III has ceased communication with his son, Prince Harry.

This latest development in the ongoing saga between the Sussexes and the monarchy has sparked conversations and concerns among royal watchers and the public alike.

The rift between Prince Harry and his father, King Charles, appears to have widened, with the King reportedly taking drastic steps to distance himself from his youngest son.

According to sources, the Duke of Sussex's attempts to reach out via calls and letters have been met with silence, a stark contrast to the once close relationship shared between father and son.

shutterstock_2282989513.jpg
King Charles was reportedly not answering Prince Harry’s calls and messages. Credit: Shutterstock

The situation seems to have escalated following Prince Harry's visit to London in February, which was brief and reportedly strained.

The meeting, which lasted only 45 minutes, came amid news of the King's cancer diagnosis. Since then, opportunities for reconciliation have been notably absent, with Prince Harry attending the Invictus Games anniversary without a subsequent meeting with his father, who was hosting a garden party at the same time.

A friend of Prince Harry spoke to People magazine, revealing the depth of the estrangement.

‘He gets 'unavailable right now,’ they said.

‘His calls go unanswered. He has tried to reach out about the King's health, but those calls go unanswered too.’

He also described the current state of affairs as 'complete silence’.

The tension is further complicated by reports that Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have used the prospect of King Charles never seeing his grandchildren, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, as leverage.

The couple is said to be seeking state-funded security while in the United Kingdom, a request that has been met with resistance from the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC), which operates independently of the King.

‘Harry has lost his security case in court and is now trying the emotional blackmail route to get what he wants instead, cynically using the threat of Archie and Lilibet never meeting their grandfather again as a tactic to coerce the king into overruling Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC),’ a friend of the King said.

The Duke of Sussex's concerns for his family's safety were voiced in his ITV documentary Tabloids on Trial, where he expressed fear of potential acid or knife attacks against Meghan Markle should they visit the UK without proper security.

However, friends of both Prince Harry and Prince William have suggested that these concerns may be exaggerated, with one close to the monarch stating that the UK government would not permit such attacks to occur.

The impasse also seems to be fueled by Meghan Markle's desire for a formal apology from the Royal Family for what she perceives as mistreatment during her time as a working royal.

The Duchess of Sussex's relationship with the institution has been fraught since her departure, and the lack of resolution continues to cast a shadow over the family's dynamics.

Despite the deepening divide, sources close to Prince Harry have indicated that he remains hopeful for reconciliation.

‘Harry can't believe it ever got to this point—he genuinely thought that by now they'd have found a way to reconcile, and he hates to think of it continuing,’ a source said.
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles was reportedly not responding to Prince Harry's calls and letters amid their ongoing rift following Harry's alleged use of a threat involving the King's grandchildren.
  • The quarrel between Prince Harry and the royal family has escalated, with reports suggesting that Harry is using the possibility of Charles not seeing his grandchildren as leverage for state-funded security in the UK.
  • The Duke of Sussex is said to be attempting emotional blackmail after losing his security case in court, according to a friend of the King.
  • Relations between the monarchy and the Sussexes remain strained, partly due to Meghan's demands for a formal apology and the couple's move to California after stepping down from royal duties in 2020.
What are your thoughts on the ongoing situation within the Royal Family? Have you experienced similar challenges within your own families, and how have you navigated them? Share your insights and experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
She was a lovely Queen and King George a great king
I saw her go bye at the school exhibition at the mcg. At 13 Poor Phillip didn’t get a look, too focused on the queen. My darling mum, a lady to the core was with me shopping in Melbourne CBD my mother stood on a rubbish bin and hung onto a lamp post to see her pass.

n
I saw her go bye at the school exhibition at the mcg. At 13 Poor Phillip didn’t get a look, too focused on the queen. My darling mum, a lady to the core was with me shopping in Melbourne CBD my mother stood on a rubbish bin and hung onto a lamp post to see her pass.
l was about 15 when my mother and l were passing Buckingham Palace just as Elizabeths car drove by, she just happened to turn our way as she passed.l remember she was all dressed in turquoise and looked lovely.

n

l was about 15 when my mother and l were passing Buckingham Palace just as Elizabeths car drove by, she just happened to turn our way as she passed.l remember she was all dressed in turquoise and looked lovely.
What a nice memory. I remember reading that she couldn’t wear big hats the family does today because the public expect to see her face.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is not hard. Everything that supposed friends have said can be ignored as media crap, so what are we left with, if the story has any credibility, is a father has shunned his son over what? Doesn't seem as though his son has committed an horrendous crime and been found guilty of it. So it's confusing.

Whenever I get confused by the actions of another I tend to go back to my own beliefs and as a father to 3 sons and a daughter, I, like most Dads understand that all young ones make mistakes, some quite serious, some just plain stupid, irrespective of age.

What I have never done, in a life of numerous cock-ups, is to make myself incommunicado to any of them. What a high degree of self-shame that would bring if I chose to take that path rather than one of ongoing guidance or discussion even if that did not see a solution to a problem gained. To shut out a son can have lifelong impacts. To agree to disagree makes more sense as the opportunity to influence in a positive way is still there.

For the life of me I do not understand this and can no way fathom what thoughts are going through this kings head that he would deny his son an opportunity to speak with him. I ask myself why would he shun a son who is reaching out to him. What pressures are at play here. Is he being pressured by other royals, ensuring the firm stays in the media spotlight, had a gutsful of ankle biters, too crook to be thinking straight, running short of shekels.....

There is a reason for this happening, and not many would know the facts of the matter. But because Harry is reaching out to his father, I would give the king a fail here and Harry gets a thumbs up. All other aspects to this story are just waffle.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is not hard. Everything that supposed friends have said can be ignored as media crap, so what are we left with, if the story has any credibility, is a father has shunned his son over what? Doesn't seem as though his son has committed an horrendous crime and been found guilty of it. So it's confusing.

Whenever I get confused by the actions of another I tend to go back to my own beliefs and as a father to 3 sons and a daughter, I, like most Dads understand that all young ones make mistakes, some quite serious, some just plain stupid, irrespective of age.

What I have never done, in a life of numerous cock-ups, is to make myself incommunicado to any of them. What a high degree of self-shame that would bring if I chose to take that path rather than one of ongoing guidance or discussion even if that did not see a solution to a problem gained. To shut out a son can have lifelong impacts. To agree to disagree makes more sense as the opportunity to influence in a positive way is still there.

For the life of me I do not understand this and can no way fathom what thoughts are going through this kings head that he would deny his son an opportunity to speak with him. I ask myself why would he shun a son who is reaching out to him. What pressures are at play here. Is he being pressured by other royals, ensuring the firm stays in the media spotlight, had a gutsful of ankle biters, too crook to be thinking straight, running short of shekels.....

There is a reason for this happening, and not many would know the facts of the matter. But because Harry is reaching out to his father, I would give the king a fail here and Harry gets a thumbs up. All other aspects to this story are just waffle.
Understand your thought. Maybe they have spoken we will never know, who heard them when together? Doubt anyone being there. The only thing I might find close to unforgivable is the way he both wrote those books and appeared on tv. Was he nuts? What did he think would happen rainbows and roses? Adore my four children and might not like one very much if done to me in such a public way but removing from my life ? No couldn’t do it, as a mum I would put my pride in my pocket and give it a go. Just saying only the son not the wife she went beyond the pale and isn’t his blood,

Who really knows what is going between father and son???
It's really no ones business just because they are Royalty. There are so many families in the world who sadly have estrangement again it's no ones business. It will play out one way or another. People will either feel for Harry or dislike him. I truly don't know why the public get so caught up in the Royal families drama's, they are human just like the rest of us and face the same challenges as the every day person.
Wishing King Charles good health.
Kind regards to all Vicki

I wonder how many of you that are posting are British ? I'm thinking alot of you are

I know I'm going to cop alot of replies and so be it !

Harry isn't that bad , he just had enough .

Are we forgetting how Princess Diana was treated by the Royal family !

Are we forgetting King Charles ruined Diana's life, he was in love with Camilla before he met Diana.

Harry
is speaking the truth !!! Charles should have the balls to rebuild a relationship with Harry but no... he is just the smaller person in a large firm.

William has also become a puppet.

To start with , No one is saying anything about Kate's comment about what colour skin Archie would have. It recently came out it was infact Kate who said it. Everyone is turning a blind eye on the Royals yet have plenty of Harry and Megan bashing to be said

To be honest I don't think the Royal family will survive , it's only a matter of time.

Prince Harry and Meagan should just STOP blabbing to people about their lives, talk shows, the Press, magazines and their personal lives to so called friends. The books Harry wrote was NOT necessary, but for the money. About time Harry grew up, stopped listening to Meagan, who has got exactly what, and who she wanted. Meagan is a very cunning, conniving, selfish, person who will use her children against the Royal Family. GROW UP HARRY, your Mother would NOT approve of what you are doing, nor of Meagan.
Let the truth be told

Reactions: Knell

Well said

Harry spoke the truth both in his book and interview.

His mother would have been proud.

Charles and the Royal family know he spoke the truth, but if they acknowledge that it was the truth how long would the Monarch last ?

What kind of parent is Charles to ignore his son and not try to fix things with him.

To all you Harry and Megan haters ,you are all blind sided by a so called Royal family that are filled of nothing but criminals. They are people they are not Gods. And not good people at that.

I can't understand how so many of you put them up on a pedestal.

I would ask one question and love to see you answers.

WHY ARE THE ROYAL FAMILY WORTHY OF YOUR PRAISE AND LOYALTY?

Reactions: Knell
I wonder how many of you that are posting are British ? I'm thinking alot of you are

I know I'm going to cop alot of replies and so be it !

Harry isn't that bad , he just had enough .

Are we forgetting how Princess Diana was treated by the Royal family !

Are we forgetting King Charles ruined Diana's life, he was in love with Camilla before he met Diana.

Harry
is speaking the truth !!! Charles should have the balls to rebuild a relationship with Harry but no... he is just the smaller person in a large firm.

William has also become a puppet.

To start with , No one is saying anything about Kate's comment about what colour skin Archie would have. It recently came out it was infact Kate who said it. Everyone is turning a blind eye on the Royals yet have plenty of Harry and Megan bashing to be said

To be honest I don't think the Royal family will survive , it's only a matter of time.
100% right!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
It saddens me that Charles is missing out on seeing his grandchildren growing up and the same for his grandkids..they are missing out an awful lot as well. They have no connection with their cousins, aunts and uncles either. I know too well how deep that cuts you as my daughter walked out of our lives 20 years ago, taking my then only grandchild with her whom we spent his first 8 years always together. She had a 2nd son who we have never met. She made a choice and we still do not know why. Breaks my heart every day.

No one is saying anything about Kate's comment about what colour skin Archie would have.

I did not know that had come out! 😱

In an ideal innocent world that question may have not be viewed as anything extraordinary other than a wish for a nicer skin tone other than pasty white.

Interesting that the Firm has not denied the 'accidental' outing in a Dutch version of a book. Even the author did not deny it, just saying he did not authorise the inclusion of any names.

C'mon Charlie, grow a set and acknowledge or deny. Stick up for your kid if true. There is a PR way out of that open discussion you apparently had with Kate. So not much damage is done. Is Harry worth it in your eyes or best left discarded to the rapaciously vicious media out there.

Starve the crows, this silence is not a good look. Is that why Willys got the shits with Harry, because Willy can't handle the truth. Jaysus don't tell me it's all about that brilliant Jack Nicholson line.

I did not know that had come out! 😱

In an ideal innocent world that question may have not be viewed as anything extraordinary other than a wish for a nicer skin tone other than pasty white.

Interesting that the Firm has not denied the 'accidental' outing in a Dutch version of a book. Even the author did not deny it, just saying he did not authorise the inclusion of any names.

C'mon Charlie, grow a set and acknowledge or deny. Stick up for your kid if true. There is a PR way out of that open discussion you apparently had with Kate. So not much damage is done. Is Harry worth it in your eyes or best left discarded to the rapaciously vicious media out there.

Starve the crows, this silence is not a good look. Is that why Willys got the shits with Harry, because Willy can't handle the truth. Jaysus don't tell me it's all about that brilliant Jack Nicholson line.
It's come out in a few places. One by

According to Piers Morgan Kate Middleton was the second racist royal who was concerned about Archie's skin color. The first was King Charles.​

It is now a known fact. Imagine if Harry made the same comment in regards to another royal.

Everyone is also forgetting Charles did commit Adultery and then married the person he committed Adultery with. This alone is far worst than anything Harry did.

Harry was a Prince of The British Empire. What a weak, silly man to let a woman come along and deprive him of everything he was entitled to including his family. She clearly doesn't love him and honor him; she loves herself as she has proven in her own family.
Very lucky the Royals stopped beheading people.

Harry spoke the truth both in his book and interview.

His mother would have been proud.

Charles and the Royal family know he spoke the truth, but if they acknowledge that it was the truth how long would the Monarch last ?

What kind of parent is Charles to ignore his son and not try to fix things with him.

To all you Harry and Megan haters ,you are all blind sided by a so called Royal family that are filled of nothing but criminals. They are people they are not Gods. And not good people at that.

I can't understand how so many of you put them up on a pedestal.

I would ask one question and love to see you answers.

WHY ARE THE ROYAL FAMILY WORTHY OF YOUR PRAISE AND LOYALTY?
Simple. No President is worthy of trust and electing one guarantees 3 things: it will be a hugely expensive procedure that means only those with the backing of a powerful vested interest will get elected; they will want to be re-elected and re-lected and re-elected time after time; and they will be very expensive to maintain. I'd rather have a King or Queen that has had a decent education rather than the type of spiv or bogan that the USA ends up with. As far as Charles and Harry; that's their business. Harry made the stupid mistake of lusting after a pretty gold-digger with nice legs and there are plenty of them around; a far too easy mistake for any young male to make.

It's come out in a few places. One by

According to Piers Morgan Kate Middleton was the second racist royal who was concerned about Archie's skin color. The first was King Charles.​

It is now a known fact. Imagine if Harry made the same comment in regards to another royal.

Everyone is also forgetting Charles did commit Adultery and then married the person he committed Adultery with. This alone is far worst than anything Harry did.
Isn't Piers Morgan one of those rather nasty and spiteful journalist who write trash for some gutter press racist newspaper in the UK?

Reactions: Kaylee