King Charles cuts off contact with Prince Harry amid growing ‘threat’

The British Royal Family, a symbol of tradition and stability, is facing a new chapter of discord as reports emerge that King Charles III has ceased communication with his son, Prince Harry.

This latest development in the ongoing saga between the Sussexes and the monarchy has sparked conversations and concerns among royal watchers and the public alike.

The rift between Prince Harry and his father, King Charles, appears to have widened, with the King reportedly taking drastic steps to distance himself from his youngest son.

According to sources, the Duke of Sussex's attempts to reach out via calls and letters have been met with silence, a stark contrast to the once close relationship shared between father and son.

shutterstock_2282989513.jpg
King Charles was reportedly not answering Prince Harry’s calls and messages. Credit: Shutterstock

The situation seems to have escalated following Prince Harry's visit to London in February, which was brief and reportedly strained.

The meeting, which lasted only 45 minutes, came amid news of the King's cancer diagnosis. Since then, opportunities for reconciliation have been notably absent, with Prince Harry attending the Invictus Games anniversary without a subsequent meeting with his father, who was hosting a garden party at the same time.

A friend of Prince Harry spoke to People magazine, revealing the depth of the estrangement.

‘He gets 'unavailable right now,’ they said.

‘His calls go unanswered. He has tried to reach out about the King's health, but those calls go unanswered too.’

He also described the current state of affairs as 'complete silence’.

The tension is further complicated by reports that Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have used the prospect of King Charles never seeing his grandchildren, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, as leverage.

The couple is said to be seeking state-funded security while in the United Kingdom, a request that has been met with resistance from the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC), which operates independently of the King.

‘Harry has lost his security case in court and is now trying the emotional blackmail route to get what he wants instead, cynically using the threat of Archie and Lilibet never meeting their grandfather again as a tactic to coerce the king into overruling Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC),’ a friend of the King said.

The Duke of Sussex's concerns for his family's safety were voiced in his ITV documentary Tabloids on Trial, where he expressed fear of potential acid or knife attacks against Meghan Markle should they visit the UK without proper security.

However, friends of both Prince Harry and Prince William have suggested that these concerns may be exaggerated, with one close to the monarch stating that the UK government would not permit such attacks to occur.

The impasse also seems to be fueled by Meghan Markle's desire for a formal apology from the Royal Family for what she perceives as mistreatment during her time as a working royal.

The Duchess of Sussex's relationship with the institution has been fraught since her departure, and the lack of resolution continues to cast a shadow over the family's dynamics.

Despite the deepening divide, sources close to Prince Harry have indicated that he remains hopeful for reconciliation.

‘Harry can't believe it ever got to this point—he genuinely thought that by now they'd have found a way to reconcile, and he hates to think of it continuing,’ a source said.
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles was reportedly not responding to Prince Harry's calls and letters amid their ongoing rift following Harry's alleged use of a threat involving the King's grandchildren.
  • The quarrel between Prince Harry and the royal family has escalated, with reports suggesting that Harry is using the possibility of Charles not seeing his grandchildren as leverage for state-funded security in the UK.
  • The Duke of Sussex is said to be attempting emotional blackmail after losing his security case in court, according to a friend of the King.
  • Relations between the monarchy and the Sussexes remain strained, partly due to Meghan's demands for a formal apology and the couple's move to California after stepping down from royal duties in 2020.
What are your thoughts on the ongoing situation within the Royal Family? Have you experienced similar challenges within your own families, and how have you navigated them? Share your insights and experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
No and would never allow it if I can help it. But with King Charles, even dripping water wears away stone. It seems the line in the sand has been breached. My only sadness is for his gandchildren.and what they will miss.

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
Let’s hope no harm comes to Harry and his family, given the hate spruiked endlessly.
This fear is always there for all of the royal family. An English friend said, let them come but they are wealthy enough to pay for security the people will not accept having to pay for them. I do think that is fair enough.
Knell, some blame for this hate has to come back to Harry and the cruel exposes he has launched on the public, as a father his heart must be broken

Find some other story and let the British press go mad over it. The Princess has made Harry's decision to abdicate, so leave them alone.
Reasonable comment but they don’t seem to want to be left alone. Harry is a damaged man his mum was his life lost at a crucial time in his life. But punishing his family just isn’t right. Remembering Edward and Mrs Simpson it will cool down as long as Harry and Meaghan stop whinging.

This fear is always there for all of the royal family. An English friend said, let them come but they are wealthy enough to pay for security the people will not accept having to pay for them. I do think that is fair enough.
Knell, some blame for this hate has to come back to Harry and the cruel exposes he has launched on the public, as a father his heart must be broken
Blame is not for us to decide as I feel sure we do not know it all. As a father and the Head of "The Family" Charlie should do more. Harry did not have a choice about being born into "The Family" - as far as threat to him and his - it is real and they "The Family" should be responsible for their safety...especially in the UK...nasty lot it seems!

Blame is not for us to decide as I feel sure we do not know it all. As a father and the Head of "The Family" Charlie should do more. Harry did not have a choice about being born into "The Family" - as far as threat to him and his - it is real and they "The Family" should be responsible for their safety...especially in the UK...nasty lot it seems!
Unfortunately the people are making such a huge protest that it is possible parliament are refusing to allow it. So right so much unknown.

King Daddy needs to step up! No matter what falling out within families, do you really think any father would want to hear these types of comments?? I think not!
Wish I could disagree with you but I can’t. Both sides are shoving each other and getting nowhere. Who knows what will happen. I hope they can forgive each other. As for Meaghan expecting an apology, very unrealistic.

You can't have your cake and eat it too which is what stupid spoilt brat, Harry, seems to want. Why on earth doesn't he grow up and behave like an adult. I think nearly everybody is utterly fed up with "Ginger and Whinger" these days. Thank goodness for Prince William!!
🦬:poop:You have no idea what you are waffling on about. Charles is not at all a good role model. The way he treated Diana demonstrates that.

🦬:poop:You have no idea what you are waffling on about. Charles is not at all a good role model. The way he treated Diana demonstrates that.
Yes it was a pretty sad ending. But don’t forget that Dianna also took a lover while still married. Just wish they had divorced earlier.

He told HIS story from HIS perspective. You know more about that than he does do you????:unsure:
Mal I am being very respectful re your comments . Just stating that what was good for the gander is good for the goose. I certainly don’t judge her for her choice nearly saying it happened.

Yes it was a pretty sad ending. But don’t forget that Dianna also took a lover while still married. Just wish they had divorced earlier.
He used Diana as a pawn right from the start so that makes Charles a spoilt brat. Don't blame Diana. I suspect that Harry has found out what really happened, that the public sanitized version of events omitted.