Hi All.
I have just joined. My wife and I are both 79 years young. We live in Durack, Queensland, about 20 minutes south of Brisbane city. I am semi retired having driven city buses for 24 years, now doing two days a week as a casual for something to do. I will complete my 25 years service in February, so will consider my options then.
My wife is housekeeper for a retired couple and has been their housekeeper for 37 years now.
Up until two years ago I was a keen motorbike rider, riding with a club. However a bad accident and heaps of broken bones put an end to that !!!
I am interested in UFO research, and crop circles. Not the rubbish you see on TV but serious research, and I am very pleased to see governments finally, albeit slowly, becoming honest about what is happening in this field.
We like to travel and usually do an overseas trip every year although covid put a temporary halt to that.
Cheers and good health to you all.
Kevin

• Love
Reactions: VC and Abby2
Hi All.
I have just joined. My wife and I are both 79 years young. We live in Durack, Queensland, about 20 minutes south of Brisbane city. I am semi retired having driven city buses for 24 years, now doing two days a week as a casual for something to do. I will complete my 25 years service in February, so will consider my options then.
My wife is housekeeper for a retired couple and has been their housekeeper for 37 years now.
Up until two years ago I was a keen motorbike rider, riding with a club. However a bad accident and heaps of broken bones put an end to that !!!
I am interested in UFO research, and crop circles. Not the rubbish you see on TV but serious research, and I am very pleased to see governments finally, albeit slowly, becoming honest about what is happening in this field.
We like to travel and usually do an overseas trip every year although covid put a temporary halt to that.
Cheers and good health to you all.
Kevin
1722646570059.jpeg

Reactions: VC
Hello Everyone:

My name is John Mason. Am retired 4 years now. Live on my own. In a 1 bedroom unit. Here in Dubbo NSW.

Reading Facebook this morning at 4 am yes I am an early bird. Have been all my life. Saw this Ad Seniors Discount Club. So decided to join.

Born in South Sydney Women's Hospital Camperdown. NSW

Lived at Lakemba NSW My grandmother's house. Then for short stay of 2 years at Bradfield Park in the Lane Cove National Park. In 1954 the family moved to Revesby NSW . I moved out of home in 1974. After I returned back from Europe. I lived in a high rise building in Goulburn Street Sydney. In 1976 I purchased my first home at Cambridge Gardens, Penrith NSW. In 1986 I moved to Dubbo where I have been ever since.

I was educated at De La Salle College Revesby and ended up at Christian Brothers St Mary's Cathedral Sydney.

In my working career I had several jobs from a Chemist delivery boy delivering prescriptions to people in the CBD of Sydney. Worked at The Australian Taxation Office in Sydney. Made electrical opponents for electrical suppliers. Then on to the NSW Railways I ended up in Dubbo working the XPT as a conductor. I was retrenched in 1990.

I then had my printing business here in Dubbo.

As I said above Europe, I loved travelling Europe, South East Asia, The Pacific and the USA. The only state i have not been to in Australia is Tasmania.

I do not read newspapers, nor listen to the radio, and I don't have TV. I am a non smoker gave up drinking alcohol 7 years ago.

I spend a great amount of time studying on the Internet. I am developing my own blogging website. I love to go into the CBD and have a cupper. maybe meet people.

That sounds me up for the time being.

John mason​
Hello John, I've just joined in the last hour. VC. You have an interesting resume LoL. What are you studying on the internet? Love the idea of going to the CBD for your cuppa and talking to people. Way to go. All the best with your blogging website. VC.

Welcome @youngoldlady and thanks for telling your story! I think your advice to around saying 'I love you' to those who matter is very poignant. Life is a fragile thing, and it's so easy to take our loved ones for granted.
I totally agree with your comment on love. Life is taken for granted and is very precious, we can be here one minute and gone the next. So it's really great to always be mindful about spreading the Love from the heart around. I'm trying to make sure to do it on a daily basis. I find it is rewarding by making me feel happy also. Just what the World needs right now.

• Love
Reactions: Abby2
Hello John, I've just joined in the last hour. VC. You have an interesting resume LoL. What are you studying on the internet? Love the idea of going to the CBD for your cuppa and talking to people. Way to go. All the best with your blogging website. VC.
1722852143583.jpeg

Reactions: BeautifulMousey