Hello, ive just joined this site and looking forward to reading all the interesting articles.
thanks for letting me join.

Reactions: DLHM
Thank you for joining us @Murphy 2012 ! Welcome to the SDC community! Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself? We would love to get to know you better! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!
Thakyou

Good afternoon everyone. Kathleen here, ( Kath preferred). I have been married to my wonderful husband for 40 years next year. 3 beautiful kids and 5 grandchildren. Still working but looking forward to retirement hopefully in about 5 years. Hoping to buy a caravan and travel Australia. I love the Richmond Tiger's and go to nearly all games. I love reading the daily mail from here. 😃

Hello, so great to be greeted with a warm welcome and good vibes- thank you for making me feel welcome.
:)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Thanks for having me on board and I look forward to contributing bits and pieces from time to time. In the meantime, have a great day and enjoy the sunshine.

hi All i’m a new retired professional and finding it difficult any suggestions would be awesome how do you cope i seem to wander around the house aimlessly Deb
Previously I stated when I retired, Spend most of my time doing odd jobs for my kids and friends, quoted I don't know how I had time to work, a few tips I hope helps, Gardening small area, on Football Club committee ,Like to call myself a good cook,Luv to fish 🐟 and of Course we have the SDC all 300.00 members , that are only to willing to help, Welcome aboard.

Hi Deb! Welcome to the SDC community! Thank you for joining us! Do you have any hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Whether it's cooking, gardening, or perhaps even photography, there's a spot for everyone. Feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. As to suggestions on coping with retirement, let's ask our wonderful members for help. :giggle: Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!
Hi Deb. I retired unexpectedly a couple of years ago due to health issues. Like you, I found the sudden change from a very structured and busy professional life into retirement very unsettling. A few things have made a difference. I have taken a real interest in maintaining plants, vegetables and herbs (all in pots, I have downsized to a villa with a courtyard, no garden), which I didn’t have time for before. I’ve even taken up a craft, very badly. I’ve joined two seniors exercise groups, which apart from being enjoyable and healthy, has also given me social interaction while most of my friends are still working. Our local council has free movie screenings for seniors one afternoon a month, plus other activities through the local library.
it takes time to adjust, but I’m loving it now. Good luck And happy retirement.

Hi everyone, I am a new member from Sydney.I am a 73 year old mother of five and grandmother of eight.My name is Rhonda, and I was widowed ten years ago when my husband of 43 years passed away from Stage D bowel cancer.I like walking, reading and doing word puzzles.Have a nice day everyone.🌞

Good afternoon everyone. Kathleen here, ( Kath preferred). I have been married to my wonderful husband for 40 years next year. 3 beautiful kids and 5 grandchildren. Still working but looking forward to retirement hopefully in about 5 years. Hoping to buy a caravan and travel Australia. I love the Richmond Tiger's and go to nearly all games. I love reading the daily mail from here. 😃
Hi

hi All i’m a new retired professional and finding it difficult any suggestions would be awesome how do you cope i seem to wander around the house aimlessly Deb
After retiring from Nursing after 46 years, I like you found myself moving around the house and I could only clean so much. During the Sydney Olympics, I became a volunteer and since then have worked at Dunc Gray Velodrome during the track season as a volunteer. I am still there sometimes because as with all sporting bodies they are very short of volunteers. Any volunteer work can be rewarding, meeting new people of all ages and having a reason to participate/.