Wooooow! This is a wonderful introduction, @Coastie :D Thanks for taking the time to share some fun things about yourself with us. I love painting too... But I'm not very good at it. Do you have any audible books to recommend?
Lol yes loads Sethia,

I am a huge huge fan of Ww2 especially about women in the SOE like Nancy wake and many many more. I am currently reading the WRENs series which I am loving. Happy to write a list of my favourites if you like this genre.

I am really enjoying watercolour painting but am not necessarily good at it but am learning to just love what I paint regardless. Luckily what I paint doesn’t need to be perfect as leaves flowers and trees are never alike lol.

Look forward to chatting again

Marie

• Wow
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi everyone, a retiree, my hobbies are photography, books, knitting, crochet and camping.
Yes me too but not a fan of camping although my kids love it. They were trying it out with the littlest family member in our garden over Easter so it looked like tent city and bar the weather I think he liked it.

• Love
Lol yes loads Sethia,

I am a huge huge fan of Ww2 especially about women in the SOE like Nancy wake and many many more. I am currently reading the WRENs series which I am loving. Happy to write a list of my favourites if you like this genre.

I am really enjoying watercolour painting but am not necessarily good at it but am learning to just love what I paint regardless. Luckily what I paint doesn’t need to be perfect as leaves flowers and trees are never alike lol.

Look forward to chatting again

Marie
Oh, I would absolutely looove a list of your favourites :) I've been thinking of going back to reading again but I honestly get distracted SO easily. I find it easier to listen to podcasts lately, so audio books might do the job for me. If you have some time, please send me some of your recommendations!

And thank you for responding to me :) It's so nice having a chat with you. I'm glad I'm making new friends!

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ros and I am a retired registered nurse living in NSW.
I have had a varied and interesting career. Commencing with General training in the 70's. Progressing on to midwifery and then a stint of 2 years in London doing the usual travelling around the countryside and lots of Europe in a Comer campervan. From there I moved to Melbourne (loved it there). I lived there completing Paediatrics and staying on at The Royal Childrens Hospital for several years.
I then travelled across Australia in a High Ace van with a couple of Kiwi friends for a couple of months before joining the RAAF. Following Officer training course, I was posted to Butterworth Malaysia.
I have been happily married for 40 years.
After retiring from the RAAF and settling back into the Hunter valley, I was lucky enough to have 2 children.
Returning to work when my youngest child started school, I gave the Aged Care Sector a go and loved it so much, I stayed there for 20 years until my retirement 7 years ago.
My husband, a retired Radiographer, and I love retirement. we love to travel and garden. My hubby enjoys woodturning and I love to relax with cross stitching. Most of all, we love times spent with our children and 2 beautiful granddaughters.

• Love
Hi everyone,
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ros and I am a retired registered nurse living in NSW.
I have had a varied and interesting career. Commencing with General training in the 70's. Progressing on to midwifery and then a stint of 2 years in London doing the usual travelling around the countryside and lots of Europe in a Comer campervan. From there I moved to Melbourne (loved it there). I lived there completing Paediatrics and staying on at The Royal Childrens Hospital for several years.
I then travelled across Australia in a High Ace van with a couple of Kiwi friends for a couple of months before joining the RAAF. Following Officer training course, I was posted to Butterworth Malaysia.
I have been happily married for 40 years.
After retiring from the RAAF and settling back into the Hunter valley, I was lucky enough to have 2 children.
Returning to work when my youngest child started school, I gave the Aged Care Sector a go and loved it so much, I stayed there for 20 years until my retirement 7 years ago.
My husband, a retired Radiographer, and I love retirement. we love to travel and garden. My hubby enjoys woodturning and I love to relax with cross stitching. Most of all, we love times spent with our children and 2 beautiful granddaughters.
Hi, @Windella! Welcome to the SDC :) This is such a lovely introduction. Goodness, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We're so glad to have you here!

• Love
Reactions: Windella
Hi. Just joined after downloading the Australian made E-book. Haven't read it yet.
I am retired and thought I would give the forum a try. So here I am.
Graham

• Love
Hi. Just joined after downloading the Australian made E-book. Haven't read it yet.
I am retired and thought I would give the forum a try. So here I am.
Graham
Welcooooome, @Graham P! :) Thanks for joining our little community. Ooooh, we hope you find the e-Book useful. We're curious about you, so if you're willing to share some fun facts about yourself, please do :D

Hi fellow over 60’s! My name is Anna. I’m very happy to be here and hope to share conversations, ideas and thoughts with you.

I’m both a cancer survivor and a tsunami survivor. My family and I were caught in the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami (we were in Phuket, Thailand) but thankfully we all survived and made it back safely. I have suffered with PTSD on and off since then but on the whole, I try to have a happy and positive outlook on life.

I love cooking, especially in my Thermomix, watching movies, shopping and being around and entertaining family and friends. My husband and I plan on buying a camper, hitting the road and travelling around our beautiful country.

:)

• Love
Hi fellow over 60’s! My name is Anna. I’m very happy to be here and hope to share conversations, ideas and thoughts with you.

I’m both a cancer survivor and a tsunami survivor. My family and I were caught in the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami (we were in Phuket, Thailand) but thankfully we all survived and made it back safely. I have suffered with PTSD on and off since then but on the whole, I try to have a happy and positive outlook on life.

I love cooking, especially in my Thermomix, watching movies, shopping and being around and entertaining family and friends. My husband and I plan on buying a camper, hitting the road and travelling around our beautiful country.

:)
Oh, Anna... We're SO happy to have you here too! Welcome to the SDC family! I'm so sorry to hear that you went through such traumatic events. You're a brave soul, and I already admire you. This is a really moving introduction. Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us!

Welcome aboard the SDC, @deannelindsay! Goodness, this comment made my day. You are SO sweet, and we really appreciate the kind feedback. I wish I could extend a tight hug. We look forward to getting to know you better too! ❤️
Thank you Sethi's,
I really do enjoy reading all this information. Maybe I should write more.

I have had an awful experience with a romantic scammer that caused so much heartache, I was so embarrassed I tried suicide.

I have come out at the end but it was tough to deal with. I would love to know how to tell my story to prevent others going through the same thing.

Regards. Deanne

• Sad