Hi all. I live in the Latrobe Valley of Victoria. Great place, only 2 hours from Melbourne (if Monash is running well). We have a daughter 1.5 hours away and a son on the Gold Coast. A 16 year old granddaughter who plays softball as a keeper. She has been playing since she was about 8. Has represented Victoria a few occassions in the School sports. Our 14 year old grandson played for a while but found he loves the umpiring side of it. So has trained and studied and doing really well.

Husband and I both well retired and enjoying some travelling and spend too much time sitting doing crosswords over breakfast and lunch. Apart from that he loves his gardening, I love my craft. Patchwork, cross-stitch, knitting, embroidery, you name it I try it.

Good to read through the Seniors Discount Club newsletter. Thanks for the information.
Cheers Jenny
Welcome. Glad to have you aboard😊

Hi new to this Fay
Welcome to the SDC community Fay! Thank you for joining us! It's great to have you here. Do you have any particular interests or hobbies you enjoy? This community is a wonderful place to share experiences, tips, and perhaps learn something new along the way. If you like, I can suggest some forums or threads where you can start exploring. Looking forward to hearing more about you! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

I am looking forward to being a part of this club. I have always been a people person, and I think it is a great opportunity to connect with people who can share their passions, skills and knowledge. I have played competitive sport all my life so when I retired from the basketball, netball and tennis my husband and I found another really great sport plus amazing people with a few who are a number of years older than us. Can you guess the sport my husband and I now play with our friends on a very competitive level representing our club? Cheers!

Reactions: Abby2
Hi all. I live in the Latrobe Valley of Victoria. Great place, only 2 hours from Melbourne (if Monash is running well). We have a daughter 1.5 hours away and a son on the Gold Coast. A 16 year old granddaughter who plays softball as a keeper. She has been playing since she was about 8. Has represented Victoria a few occassions in the School sports. Our 14 year old grandson played for a while but found he loves the umpiring side of it. So has trained and studied and doing really well.

Husband and I both well retired and enjoying some travelling and spend too much time sitting doing crosswords over breakfast and lunch. Apart from that he loves his gardening, I love my craft. Patchwork, cross-stitch, knitting, embroidery, you name it I try it.

Good to read through the Seniors Discount Club newsletter. Thanks for the information.
Cheers Jenny
Welcome to the SDC community Jenny! Thank you for joining us and for sharing these details about yourself and your family. :) It sounds like you and your husband are making the most of your well-deserved retirement. I can imagine how relaxing those crossword sessions over breakfast and lunch must be. And your love of crafting is so inspiring! From patchwork to cross-stitch, knitting, and embroidery—you really have a creative spirit. If you're up to it, you may want to share some of your creations in the Craft Corner subforum. So glad you’re enjoying the Seniors Discount Club newsletter. If there’s anything else you’d like to see in it, just let me know! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

I am looking forward to being a part of this club. I have always been a people person, and I think it is a great opportunity to connect with people who can share their passions, skills and knowledge. I have played competitive sport all my life so when I retired from the basketball, netball and tennis my husband and I found another really great sport plus amazing people with a few who are a number of years older than us. Can you guess the sport my husband and I now play with our friends on a very competitive level representing our club? Cheers!
Welcome to the SDC community @Thistime ! Thank you for joining us! It’s wonderful to have you here, and it sounds like you’ll fit right in with your passion for connecting with people and sharing experiences. I love that you’ve found a new sport to enjoy with your husband—especially one you can play competitively while making new friends. Now you’ve really piqued my curiosity! I’m going to take a guess… could it be lawn bowling or pickleball? They seem to be popular among competitive sports lovers! Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing you around the forum. :) Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello Everyone,
I’m a new member,and live in QLD,I have just retired from work,so am treading on new ground with life,I’m finding it all alittle unnerving,so all the little tips along the way I am sure will be beneficial to my new lifestyle.
Hello @Cestreich ! Welcome to the SDC community and congratulations on your retirement! I can understand how this new chapter in life might feel a bit unsettling at first, but you’re not alone. Many of our other members have been through the same transition, and it’s great that you’re reaching out. You’ll find plenty of helpful tips and advice here, and I’m sure you’ll settle into your new routine in no time. Feel free to ask questions or share any concerns. We’re all here to support each other on this journey! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everyone my name is Kesa and I am new here. I live in Brisbane but grew up in Hobart
Welcome to the SDC community Kesa! Thank you for joining us! If you have any questions or need a bit of a guide around, don't hesitate to ask. And since you're here, why not share a bit about your interests or hobbies? We’ve got forums for pretty much everything under the sun. Looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi i am Graeme
Hi Graeme! Welcome to the SDC community! It's fantastic to have you here with us. Since you're new, you might enjoy browsing our variety of sub-forums and threads. Whether you're interested in sharing a laugh, picking up new recipes, or even learning a new game, you'll find something captivating here. If you have any specific hobbies or interests, feel free to share them, and I can point you towards some areas you might find interesting! See you around in the forums and looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi @Julie ward ! Welcome to the SDC community! It's wonderful to have you join us. You'll find this is a very friendly and supportive community full of folks who share a wealth of knowledge and experience. Is there anything specific you’re looking to find or share here? Whether it's hobbies, travel tips, recipes, or just a good laugh, there’s a place for everything! Don’t hesitate to ask if you need direction on where to go or how to get started. We’re all here to help each other out. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello to you too, @Tep ! Welcome to the SDC community! Thank you for joining us! Do you have any hobbies or interests you're keen to explore here? We have a wealth of topics and conversations happening, so feel free to dive into anything that catches your eye! Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

hi
i have only just noticed this chat for newbies...
sorry i have been here for a little while maybe 3 or 4 moths months any way i was looking for a question page because i have a question ........
anyway my question is ::::: NSW toll roads are expensive to travel on and i try to avoid when i can but sometimes you cant avoid them so if your a pensioner is there any toll relief or discounts for pensioners;;;;;
looking forward to the answer;;;;
Cheers
Welcome to the SDC community @<Stephen> ! Here's what I found about toll relief in NSW. :) I hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions! Cheers!

HELLO Hello ladies and gentlemen I am new to this site
Have a great day and God bless you all
Welcome to the SDC community @Geraldine De Jong ! We're thrilled to have you join us! There's a lot to explore around here, and I'm sure you'll find something that interests you. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes you're passionate about? Let me know, and I’d be happy to point you towards a subforum or thread where you can connect with like-minded members. In the meantime, if you're just looking to have a bit of fun and ease into the forum, our Jokes & Fun section is a great place to start. Looking forward to hearing more about you! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello my nam Helaine
Hello Helaine! Welcome to the SDC community! Thank you for joining us! If you're navigating through the forum and looking for something specific, or if you just want to dive into discussions and meet new friends, this is the perfect place. Do you have any hobbies or interests you're keen to explore here? Whether it's sharing a laugh, playing games, swapping recipes, or anything else, we've got a spot for you. For a good ice breaker, you might enjoy visiting the Jokes & Fun sub-forum. It's a great way to start, especially if you enjoy a good chuckle. Feel free to ask if you need guidance finding anything. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi
I've just joined and hope to use the info provided alot.
Jan
Thank you for joining us Jan! Welcome to the SDC community! I'm sure you'll find plenty of enjoyable conversations and helpful benefits. Is there any particular hobby or interest you'd love to explore here? Looking forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Welcome to the SDC community @Allan04! Pleasure to have you on board! If you have any hobbies or interests you'd like to share, I'm more than happy to direct you to some of our subforums or threads that might catch your fancy. Are you into anything specific, like cooking, photography, or perhaps a good game of Sudoku? Looking forward to hearing more about you and getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

New member Heather from Kalgoorlie saying hi 👋
Hi Heather! Welcome to the SDC community! We're absolutely thrilled to have you join our friendly community here. This is a fantastic place to share, learn, and have some fun. Is there anything in particular you're interested in? Any hobbies or favourite pastimes you enjoy? This will help me suggest some subforums or threads you might find particularly engaging! Feel free to wander around and jump into conversations. Everyone here is very welcoming and helpful. If you ever have any questions or need assistance navigating the forum, don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to help each other out. Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi to you all. The thing that got me in was the article of the "Drip", described as a gen W meaning of a style of dressing/clothing.
This would be most relevant to the young and they certainly found a appropriate word describing that, Drip, I love it.
For me guys, upon retirement at 71 the thing that made me realise it's time was attending a eightieth birthday were you see a cross section of your future, that was it, I put my hand up, " that's it, I'm out of here".
It made me feel better immediately.
Looking forward to learning from you all. Cheers Les
Welcome to the SDC community Les! Thank you for joining us! I’m so glad the “Drip” article caught your eye—love that you’re keeping up with the lingo! It’s amazing how each generation has its own way of expressing style, and it’s great to hear that you appreciate the term as much as the young ones do. Your retirement story gave me a chuckle! It sounds like that 80th birthday was quite the eye-opener. Sometimes those moments give us just the clarity we need. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of wisdom to share with us too, and we’re all looking forward to learning from each other. ❤️ See you around the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
Hi
My name is Scherelle and I live on the Sunshine Coast Queensland and I enjoy playing cards.
Welcome to the SDC community Scherelle! Thank you for joining us! Playing cards sounds like a lot of fun—what are your favourite games? I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people here to connect with who share your interests. Looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Welcome to the SDC community Scherelle! Thank you for joining us! Playing cards sounds like a lot of fun—what are your favourite games? I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people here to connect with who share your interests. Looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!
Welcome Sherelle. Glad!
Welcome to the SDC community Les! Thank you for joining us! I’m so glad the “Drip” article caught your eye—love that you’re keeping up with the lingo! It’s amazing how each generation has its own way of expressing style, and it’s great to hear that you appreciate the term as much as the young ones do. Your retirement story gave me a chuckle! It sounds like that 80th birthday was quite the eye-opener. Sometimes thoSherelle moments give us just the clarity we need. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of wisdom to share with us too, and we’re all looking forward to learning from each other. ❤️ See you around the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!
Welcome
Welcome Sherelle. Glad to have you aboard 😊

Hi to you all. The thing that got me in was the article of the "Drip", described as a gen W meaning of a style of dressing/clothing.
This would be most relevant to the young and they certainly found a appropriate word describing that, Drip, I love it.
For me guys, upon retirement at 71 the thing that made me realise it's time was attending a eightieth birthday were you see a cross section of your future, that was it, I put my hand up, " that's it, I'm out of here".
It made me feel better immediately.
Looking forward to learning from you all. Cheers Les
Hi Polak
1729633712203.jpeg to SDC
1729239569215.png