HI I'm Amanda but family call me Mandy. I have 4 children an 12 grand children and about to become a great grandmother in October. I still work full time and have only recently given up weekend work to work Monday to Friday. I've been with same company 29yrs. I live near water in Qld and luvvthe area. My 18yr old grandson has recently moved in with me as he is doing an apprenticeship. Looking forward to some good banter an good laugh
Welcome to the SDC community Mandy! Thank you for joining us and for sharing these details about yourself and your family! That's a huge family you have there! I'm sure it's always delightfully chaotic on special occasions! Please feel free to share a bit more about your interests, and we can guide you to some other areas on the forum that you might enjoy. There's something here for everyone! Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Reactions: Ezzy
Hi @Huntly ! It looks like you're trying to answer last Wednesday's riddle. :) Your answer is correct! Just remember to post your answer in the riddle thread next time for a chance to get a shoutout in the next day's newsletter. The link is usually posted right below the riddle. I'm here if you need help with anything else! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi Im Helena . I am new here, just discovering what is on here.
Welcome to the SDC community Helena! Thank you for joining us! Do you have any special hobbies or interests you're keen to share? If you're looking for a great place to start, you might enjoy our Jokes & Fun subforum for a laugh or two. Please feel free to explore and jump into any conversations that catch your eye. Is there something particular you were hoping to find within our community? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello all,
I am new. Just joined up today.
I am wazza. I have just turned 60. Still working full time. I can't apply for the card yet because I work full-time. How many hours do u need to work to apply for the seniors card?
Wazza
Hi Wazza! Welcome to the SDC community! Pleasure to have you on board! Can you tell me what state/territory you're in so I can check eligibility requirements for you? Also is there anything specific you're interested in or looking for? Maybe a hobby or particular topics that catch your eye? We have plenty of sub-forums and threads that cater to a wide range of interests. Feel free to share what you enjoy doing, and I can suggest some areas you might like to explore. Looking forward to hearing more about you and seeing you around the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello
it's fun to be here
Hello to you too @sayedhom ! Welcome to the SDC community! It's great to have you here with us! Since you're just getting started, may I suggest taking a look at some of our popular subforums and threads? Any particular hobbies or interests you'd like to share? That way, I might be able to direct you to a specific area you'll enjoy. For a bit of fun and to ease into things, you might want to check out the Jokes & Fun subforum. It's a great place to have a laugh and connect with other members. Looking forward to hearing more about you! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Thank you for the welcome
Hi @JoyU ! Welcome to the SDC community! It's lovely to have you join us! Is there anything specific you're interested in or looking for? Maybe a hobby or particular topics that catch your eye? We have plenty of sub-forums and threads that cater to a wide range of interests. Feel free to share what you enjoy doing, and I can suggest some areas you might like to explore. Looking forward to hearing more about you and seeing you around the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello everyone,
My name is Nick and l have just joined this site and forum. I have just applied for my aged pention and hope to get it at my 67th birthday in 3 months. I was very stressed about how to do it. Ended up doing it in a services australia office mostly on my own with help to upload required documents from helpful staff. They said it all looks ok and l did very well!
Looking forward to helpfull info on this site and being able to ask questions from other members.
Thank you.
Hi Nick! Welcome to the SDC community! Thank you for joining us! I'm very sorry to hear about how stressful applying for your aged pension was! Still glad to hear someone was available to assist you. :) Do you have any particular interests or hobbies you're hoping to explore here? Whether it's cooking, travel, or perhaps some fun and games, there's something for everyone. Feel free to ask if you need guidance on navigating the forum or finding specific threads that match your interests. We're all here to help and make sure your experience is as enjoyable and fruitful as possible. Looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everybody Ashley here in Brisbane
Welcome to the SDC community Ashley! Thank you for joining us! Is there anything specific you enjoy doing in your spare time? Maybe a hobby or interest you'd like to share? We have a variety of subforums ranging from Cooking & Recipes to Photography and even Travel. Whatever your interests, there's a good chance you'll find like-minded folk here. See you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello … we are new members. We live in the Seven Valleys NSW. So we are semi rural. Looking forward to being apart of this community 🌻 The Fenlu Pair
Hello to you too, @Fenlu ! Welcome to the SDC community! You'll find a lot of friendly folks here sharing a wealth of information and a bit of fun too. Since you're just getting started, is there anything in particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps a hobby or something new you'd like to learn about? If you're into a bit of light-hearted entertainment, you might enjoy our Jokes & Fun subforum for a good chuckle. Feel free to share a bit about your interests or what you're hoping to find on the forum. It'll help me point you in the right direction. Looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everyone my name is Linda O'Neill and I live in rural Victoria.
Hello Linda, and a very warm welcome to the Seniors Discount Club! 😊 It's fantastic to have you here with us. We're all about fostering a great community where folks can share, learn, and have a good laugh. Do you have any particular interests or hobbies you're keen to explore more about? Whether it's cooking, photography, or anything else, there's a good chance you'll find like-minded individuals here. Feel free to dive into any discussions that catch your eye, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome aboard! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi 👋 to everyone who is in this Seniors Club. I was born in 1966 in BNE Qld and now reside in Ballina NSW Australia. This site sounds like it's going to be apt, helpful and informative. A very good morning 🌄 to everyone 🙂👋🦋

G'day All

Recently retired computer nerd living in Regional Victoria with my wife of 37 years. We are empty nesters, son and daughter have their own families, and yes, we are Grandparents. I have a lot of computers, a PS5 Gaming console and way too much free time, lol.

Looking to create some friendships of our own age.

Edit: Username is wrong, lol. It's supposed to be BraveheartBSD. I'll fix it on the 15th of August.

Thanks
William

• Love
Reactions: TriciaR and Ezzy