If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Hey, members!

I have another fun question for you all: if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Would you choose to dine with your favourite celebrity or maybe have a deep and meaningful conversation with a family member who has passed away?

For me, the answer is my partner's mum. You see, my partner's mum is not accepting of our relationship. But I would still love to sit down with her and talk about anything, maybe even over her own dishes. I know that not everyone will be accepting of who we are, and I've come to terms with that. But deep down, I still long for a mother-in-law who will accept and love me for who I am. Maybe if we shared a meal together, we could find some common ground and build a relationship based on mutual respect and understanding.

What about you? Who would you choose, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

compressed-pexels-askar-abayev-5638644.jpeg
Credits: Pexels

Sponsored
I'd love to have dinner with my maternal Great, Great Grandmother to ask who the father is of my Great Grandfather. No judgement, would just love to know.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Hey, members!

I have another fun question for you all: if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Would you choose to dine with your favourite celebrity or maybe have a deep and meaningful conversation with a family member who has passed away?

For me, the answer is my partner's mum. You see, my partner's mum is not accepting of our relationship. But I would still love to sit down with her and talk about anything, maybe even over her own dishes. I know that not everyone will be accepting of who we are, and I've come to terms with that. But deep down, I still long for a mother-in-law who will accept and love me for who I am. Maybe if we shared a meal together, we could find some common ground and build a relationship based on mutual respect and understanding.

What about you? Who would you choose, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

View attachment 17848

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

It would be my ex-husband whom I still love after divorce in 2003. Actually, I don’t know if I still love him but it would be good learn why he left the marriage without notice.

One great-grandfather and two great-grandfathers, both on my mother's side. The first would be my great-grandfather (mum's grandfather) and ask why he 'lost the plot' and allowed himself to loose all the wealth which would be in the value of about $500 million or more today. His wife, our grandmother/great grandmother passed away within ten (10) days of giving birth to their third child, a son and the baby passed away as well within those few days of life. He had two children he needed to raise and future generations. I'm sure he housed them, paid for the private school education but that's about it. In fact, I do not even think he really raised his two children, one being my grandfather (mum's dad). All I have learnt about is a waste of a massive fortune. Yes, he work and in fact discovered the first silver mine with a couple of other gents in Queensland. The first one in Australia. That was before 1901. Before Australia became 'Australia' and it's own federation and therefore needed it's own currency. Instead, before 1901 he and his mates sold off the mine and as they say, The Rest is History. The new owners made a massive fortune just from the silver needed for coins Shillings, Sixpence, and then the need for silver trays, silver teapots, cutlery. The Roaring Twenties and the demand for the finer things in life. Impatience was one of his failures along with many more like buying a racehorse called Raindeer that was made to race ten races all in once race track day. Yes, that was mean and proved his inability to think and care. Raindeer won 9 of the 10 races that day. He mixed in the racing circle of high society and he is pictured with Raindeer one of his brothers and one sister, Fanny. Dame Elizabeth's mother. Yes, Dame Elizabeth, a cousin just as the Murdochs are. I will add that mum knew Elizabeth as they were second cousins and mum told us all about her and she was much loved. Always gentle, kind, warm and a loving kindred spirit. She would have known about my great grandfather (her uncle) wasting a fortune down to $zero. In so much that during the Great Depression my grandparents lived in rented accommodation and mum slept on floor boards.

Then, there are my great great grandfathers on mum's side. One owned Pastoria Pastoral in Kyneton VIC. Go ahead and look it up. The value of that company today. He had wealth. He married twice and had 20 children. Yes, 20 children and all survived. The Murdochs and I are from the first marriage of children, so full-blood there. We then have half-cousins because of the second marriage. But even this grandfather never thought about the future. He knew that it was already $A Money Maker and making a fortune even in those days. He had maids, waiters and private tutors living on his property to keep the family and educate the younger children. The older ones went to private schools and back then boarding private schools for higher learning and university educations. All of that cost an absolute fortune and he had that and a lot more. Some saw $$$ the money and got their inheritance but because of death the second wife and her children I'd say got even more.

Then there is my great grandmother's dad. The other great great grandfather. He made a fortune in law and is listed on the very first law book that we had. Back then the name Australia did not exist and we are talking just before 1859. Back then Australia was known as New South Wales. The top lawyers in Australia (New South Wales) drafted 'Our' very first law book and they gave it 50 years 1859-1909 taking into account that the unknown future was just that and eventually self-government would have to happen and this land would eventually have a name. His daughter (my great grandmother) is the one that passed away at the tender age of 23 just days after giving birth to her third child. He knew that she was married into wealth. I'm guessing that he thought that there was no need to put aside $wealth for future generations and that my great grandfather would not waste the massive fortune. He passed away not seeing the wealth dwindle down to a man that became homeless.

It's not the money but the many Why's? In all probability had mum been born into extreme wealth I would not be here and that's OK by me. That one I can assure you with as I was born with a severe incurable degenerative disability which has ruined my entire life and will only end when I am no more. That goodness when that happens.

I also think about that horse Raindeer. I wish that that horse was owned by someone else and my great grandfather purchased a dud. All the others that we purchased and gambled on as well were all duds.

There is one more thing that people that read this may be asking and that's what Rupert Murdoch and Fox has been involved with in the USA and obviously United Kingdom from the London Terr*rists acts and those mobile phone calls that they hacked. Dame Elizabeth was alive when the mobile hacks happened and I knew from what mum had told me, she would not have been impressed. She would have demanded that the London News office be closed down immediately and take the financial loss and $Pay Out and compensate all the employees. She would have been very upset at that and the latest news incident. I now think that Power has gone to Rupert's head and he has really loss the plot. An embarrassment with all the marriages and engagements of knowing someone for 4-6 weeks.

Mum wrote to Elizabeth not long before she herself passed away. She knew that she did not have long and told Elizabeth that she was afraid to contact her because of the $wealth and that she had never forgotten her, their days together and so much more in the 1900-1920's. Mum also included that she had lost one of her own children (my brother) and was sorry to hear that Elizabeth's daughter had passed away. Elizabeth got the letter and penned her own hand written letter straight back.

Last edited:
Honestly I’ve always had a thing for Sylvester Stallone but if ever I’d have the chance to meet him, I’d be so totally embarrassed and wouldn’t know what to say. So I’m happy to have dinner with my husband Seb anytime, anywhere 🥰

It would be my ex-husband whom I still love after divorce in 2003. Actually, I don’t know if I still love him but it would be good learn why he left the marriage without notice.
If he is still alive then write to him but be prepared for the response as it may really upset you. If he left you then it means he did not love you. Sometimes the heart can be cruel to us.

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

I would definitely choose my late Mum♥️,my late Dad♥️and my late older sister♥️.I would give anything to be able to talk too and see them all again.😥😔 And if I could sit with a celebrity and have a chat and a cuppa it would be the late actress Elizabeth Taylor or the late actress Marilyn Monroe or the late actor Paul Newman and one who is still alive it would be either be Clint Eastwood or or or or or,actually there's too many to choose from.🤔🙄😄

I would definitely choose my late Mum♥️,my late Dad♥️and my late older sister♥️.I would give anything to be able to talk too and see them all again.😥😔 And if I could sit with a celebrity and have a chat and a cuppa it would be the late actress Elizabeth Taylor or the late actress Marilyn Monroe or the late actor Paul Newman and one who is still alive it would be either be Clint Eastwood or or or or or,actually there's too many to choose from.🤔🙄😄
Oh,and I forgot to say one of my favourite people and my future husband😄😉 Sir David Attenborough whom I absolutely adore. I ♥️his documentaries and if you haven't seen Frozen Planet ll please do as you will be amazed. I sat there just totally mesmerised by it. It's absolutely brilliant.👍

I was honestly expecting mostly celebrities and famous figures to be mentioned here (nothing wrong with that at all, for those that did! I personally would have liked to sit down for dinner with The Queen) , but here I am teary-eyed at seeing all the very much missed family members and loved ones, and the lingering questions of those left behind. Sending all of you the tightest hugs!

Reactions: Go Cats
I would love to have dinner with my daughter , who will turn 44 yrs of age next week . I have not seen and heard of her since 2014. It would make my life so much nicer .

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

I would choose my husband Graham who passed over six years ago. I still miss him like it was yesterday and I have lots I would like to say to him. I would love the chance to sit and be with him for a while.

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

I would love to have dinner with Elvis Presley always loved how humble he was and so down to earth with everyone

Reactions: Go Cats
I would like to sit down with my dad and ask him for the recipes for all the stuff I got him to make i.e shortcrust pastry (he made the best). I would also sit down with my mum and take notice (this time) when she tried to teach me to knit

I would really like having dinner with Nigella Lawson because we would have a great time in the kitchen cooking together. As we both loving cooking.
sddefault.jpg

I was honestly expecting mostly celebrities and famous figures to be mentioned here (nothing wrong with that at all, for those that did! I personally would have liked to sit down for dinner with The Queen) , but here I am teary-eyed at seeing all the very much missed family members and loved ones, and the lingering questions of those left behind. Sending all of you the tightest hugs!
Thanks Jarred.😊And,yes it would have been lovely to sit with the Queen and have a chat and a cuppa and or a gin😀 which I do believe she loved.

• Love
It would have to be my Mum as I did not really get to tell her how much I loved her or Goodbye as she died suddenly. I miss her every day more than I care to share. My Mum was 56 when she died far too young.

• Sad
Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

Jesus

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

My mother. She sadly passed away in 1972. 💔

• Sad