If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Hey, members!

I have another fun question for you all: if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Would you choose to dine with your favourite celebrity or maybe have a deep and meaningful conversation with a family member who has passed away?

For me, the answer is my partner's mum. You see, my partner's mum is not accepting of our relationship. But I would still love to sit down with her and talk about anything, maybe even over her own dishes. I know that not everyone will be accepting of who we are, and I've come to terms with that. But deep down, I still long for a mother-in-law who will accept and love me for who I am. Maybe if we shared a meal together, we could find some common ground and build a relationship based on mutual respect and understanding.

What about you? Who would you choose, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

compressed-pexels-askar-abayev-5638644.jpeg
Credits: Pexels

Sponsored
Of course the natural reply is to have dinner with a relative but I choose philosopher Alan WATTS who passed away in 1973 ,if you do not him just listen to him on You TUBE you will be mesmerised !

I think it would be nice to sit down with my Mum, my Dad and my husband and let them know how well their grandsons/sons have done. All three died before the boys grew to adulthood. Now they are an Associate Professor of Neuropsychology; a Senior Sergeant with Victoria Police; and a Key Support Worker with the NDIS. But if that could not be arranged, I would be happy for a little while cuddling my beloved dog, Rexy, who died in my arms aged 17, in 2018. To me, he was the sweetest dog in the world.

I think it would be nice to sit down with my Mum, my Dad and my husband and let them know how well their grandsons/sons have done. All three died before the boys grew to adulthood. Now they are an Associate Professor of Neuropsychology; a Senior Sergeant with Victoria Police; and a Key Support Worker with the NDIS. But if that could not be arranged, I would be happy for a little while cuddling my beloved dog, Rexy, who died in my arms aged 17, in 2018. To me, he was the sweetest dog in the world.
🐕♥️

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Hey, members!

I have another fun question for you all: if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Would you choose to dine with your favourite celebrity or maybe have a deep and meaningful conversation with a family member who has passed away?

For me, the answer is my partner's mum. You see, my partner's mum is not accepting of our relationship. But I would still love to sit down with her and talk about anything, maybe even over her own dishes. I know that not everyone will be accepting of who we are, and I've come to terms with that. But deep down, I still long for a mother-in-law who will accept and love me for who I am. Maybe if we shared a meal together, we could find some common ground and build a relationship based on mutual respect and understanding.

What about you? Who would you choose, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

View attachment 17848

Definitely, my Mum and Dad and 5 brothers and sister.. all passed.. 😞😞😞

Hey, members!

For me, the answer is my partner's mum. You see, my partner's mum is not accepting of our relationship. But I would still love to sit down with her and talk about anything, maybe even over her own dishes. I know that not everyone will be accepting of who we are, and I've come to terms with that. But deep down, I still long for a mother-in-law who will accept and love me for who I am. Maybe if we shared a meal together, we could find some common ground and build a relationship based on mutual respect.

I would love to have dinner with my Dad who passed away in 1989. I miss him so much, BUT, just once would be absolutely mind blowing. We were so close and he passed when he was only 72. Way too early for anyone to pass. I really did and still do love and miss him so much. Well now that I too am in my 70th year, I guess I will see him again in my next life

I would love to dine out with Albert Einstein. I’d love to pick his brain. Not that I’m a physicist or anything like that, just for his sheer knowledge.

My father and my grandfather, my father because I never knew him ,always believed he had died when I was a baby and found out later that he died when I was 14 years old, I would like to ask him why he never contacted me and my grandfather because he never returned from the Second World War, was MIA and my grandmother went to her grave always expecting him to walk through the front door, she never gave up, I would like to ask him what had happened to him.

• Sad
My daughter Liri (born Albania) Robin Armstrong developed second stage Hodgkin's disease in 1986 and passed away the following year in isolation in the Royal Children's Hospital during the nurses strike at only 14 years of age. If we arrange a dinner I would like to have her surviving sister Erin Sophie Colley (now 41 with her own 4 yr old daughter Willow (second name Liri after her sister) dine with us all at a candlelit dinner at the restaurant next to Albert Park lake. Karl Armstrong

• Sad
I would love to have dinner with my mum. She passed away 14 years ago, I would love to tell her about her beautiful great grandson. Tell her how the boys are doing.

• Sad
My dinner guest would my beautiful daughter who passed away many years ago and had two daughters aged 6 and 8. It would be great if they were with me.
Missed so much.
Another person would have been the Queen. An outstanding person in every respect.
However I think most of my questions may not of been allowed.

• Sad
David Attenbourgh. He has a certain Charisma about him, and I am totally hooked on this man. To sit down to dinner with him would be a great honor for me. I have watched all the shows he has made ever since he started making Documentaries all those years ago. And I still watch them over and over and never tire of them, as they are just the best and so is He.

Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

There are way too many to choose just one.

I would have an intimate dinner party with my late hubby, my parents and my two brothers. I would probably include my father inlaw too, so my hubby wouldn't feel outnumbered 😁

I would tell them all the things I never got a chance to say prior to their passing.

Why would anyone want to even dine with the dead? That is a very superstitious question and that person needs to see a psychiatrist
There are many ways to remember your loved ones and definitely will not make any suggestions here

David Attenbourgh. He has a certain Charisma about him, and I am totally hooked on this man. To sit down to dinner with him would be a great honor for me. I have watched all the shows he has made ever since he started making Documentaries all those years ago. And I still watch them over and over and never tire of them, as they are just the best and so is He.
Hi Pymmie,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but you can't have dinner with David as he is all mine. I'm going to marry him,I ♥️ him.😀My friend says I'd better hurry up if I'm going to marry him because he is 96 years old. So sorry Pymmie but David is taken. You will have to find someone else to have dinner with.😀😆😂😉
Why would anyone want to even dine with the dead? That is a very superstitious question and that person needs to see a psychiatrist
There are many ways to remember your loved ones and definitely will not make any suggestions here

• Haha
Hey, members!

View attachment 17848

Our son.
We lost him@ 2.30 am 23/06/2020. Moter bicycles accident. He was so badly injured that were were unable to view him. Never were able to really say Goodbye. He Would have been 40 years this August2023. Have dinner with him...very much yes. Miss him terribly😏😒.

• Sad
Hi Pymmie,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but you can't have dinner with David as he is all mine. I'm going to marry him,I ♥️ him.😀My friend says I'd better hurry up if I'm going to marry him because he is 96 years old. So sorry Pymmie but David is taken. You will have to find someone else to have dinner with.😀😆😂😉

Hello Tonia,I'm sorry that you sound so unhappy and for you to suggest that " that person needs to see a psychiatrist"was just bizarre and uncalled for. The question that Vella put out there was for us to all have a bit of fun and answer only if we wanted to. It's a personal choice and you should NOT be so judgemental about people's memories and wishes and how if we could we would like to see our loved ones again. Did you see the response to the question.????🤔 I wish you all the best .🙂

My 20year old brother who died in a car accident 45 years ago, my beautiful mum who died from cancer just over 30 years ago, my dad who died from a heart attack 20 years ago and my special friend older sister who died from cancer 17 years ago. All died far too young and missed out on growing old within our family. It would be great to catch up with them all and see how different they would look now. Of course hubby and the rest of my wonderful family would have to be there too.

• Sad