If you could go back in time, what piece of advice would you give to your younger self?

I thought it would be fun to do a quick 'get to know each other' session. This Thursday afternoon, the SDC team would love to know what advice you would give to your younger self if you could go back in time.

View attachment 13148
Source: Pexels

I (Sethia) would tell my younger self that she’s enough! It can be easy to pick ourselves apart, especially when things don’t go our way or we lose control of a situation. But even with all our flaws, it’s nice to be reminded that we don’t need to be perfect to warrant acceptance, love, and respect. How about you? Share your answer with us in the comments!

I would tell myself to keep my friends at arms length rather than close to the heart, the pain, hurt & broken heart of losing my best friend in June last year is still with me every day and I'm not sure it will ever go away. Finding it very hard to move on.

• Sad
Reactions: terri and Ricci
Don’t let mugs worry you.

I shared this with the club one other time. The advice came to me from my best ever boss when I was around 21. Mugs make all types of statements to you in your life time. As these people are mugs, you shouldn’t let them influence you in any way.

You can apply this to so much in your life.

Reactions: terri and Ricci
If you could go back in time, what piece of advice would you give to your younger self?

I thought it would be fun to do a quick 'get to know each other' session. This Thursday afternoon, the SDC team would love to know what advice you would give to your younger self if you could go back in time.

View attachment 13148
Source: Pexels

I (Sethia) would tell my younger self that she’s enough! It can be easy to pick ourselves apart, especially when things don’t go our way or we lose control of a situation. But even with all our flaws, it’s nice to be reminded that we don’t need to be perfect to warrant acceptance, love, and respect. How about you? Share your answer with us in the comments!
I would definitely tell my younger self, "Do not believe everything your mother tells you". I would have been saved so much unhappiness, lies and lost relationships.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
To trust my instincts. They have always given me good advice I did not always listen to. And speak up more. I am not good with conflict so sometimes felt like a doormat. And learn to like myself earlier in life. But I still love the life I have lived and am glad for all I have, my kids, grandkids, home and family.

In 2001, I was friends with many Americans and I missed the biggest opportunity when I had a chance to buy shares in Google .. the cost was almost dirt and a $500USD to $1000USD investment would be worth a massive fortune today.
Larry Page and 4 of us from Case's Ladder were chat friends. So I missed a huge opportunity..

• Sad