'I can't believe I didn't think of this before': THIS pizza hack has people talking!

We Aussies love our pizza - there's no doubt about that. It's probably one of the most popular takeaway food options in the country.

But sometimes, we just don't feel like going out or waiting for delivery. That's where frozen pizza comes in handy. You can just pop it in the oven and have a delicious, hot meal ready in minutes!

There are all kinds of frozen pizzas on the market these days to suit every taste - from your classic Margherita to gourmet options with all kinds of unique toppings. But some people are taking things a step further by coming up with their own creative ways to dress up their store-bought pizzas.

One popular hack that has shaken the internet is adding extra cheese to your frozen pizza before cooking it. Sounds simple enough, right? But you wouldn't believe how some people are surprised by this!

A user on Reddit recently asked if anyone else adds extra cheese to their frozen pizza, and hundreds of people chimed in with their thoughts.

eel1oq9we5s91.png
The Reddit original poster’s cheesetastic creation. Credit: Reddit/u/licking-windows
‘Yup,’ one user said. ‘Extra cheese, extra ham, extra mushrooms, extra onion… Basically treat a frozen pizza as a pizza base.’

‘You can never have too much cheese,’ agreed one.

Another added: ‘Only if I have some leftover cheese. But then all the time.’

Perhaps a testament to extra cheese on frozen pizza, more than one user simply wrote ‘This is the way’ (referencing the creed in The Mandalorian) in various forms.

Well, I guess we found the cheese addicts!

Then again, there’s always that one person who disagrees. In this case, one user said ‘no, because frozen pizza is a** and shouldn’t be eaten.’ Others meanwhile stressed they didn’t eat pizza at all. (Sad, but you lot do you.)

Others offered more creative — and exotic — suggestions, like chicken two-minute noodles with a dab of Vegemite or naan bread as the base instead of traditional pizza dough. Yum!

Honestly, the post might as well be a full-on cooking advice column with the tips some users gave out.

‘Air fry some chicken tenders or whatever else you want while the pizza cooks — cook time is almost the exact time at 10-15 minutes. Cut up, add to pizza,’ one user offered.

‘The frozen pizzas generally take 10-15 minutes in the oven. I would probably precook bacon, mushroom, capsicum, onions, et cetera before adding them,’ another user thought.

Whether you're trying these crazy hacks at home or sticking to plain old pepperoni, we hope you enjoy your next frozen pizzafest!

Do you have any pizza — frozen, homemade, store bought, or anything in between — hacks you’d like to share with other SDC members? How about for other foods?

We recently wrote a story on the ‘top rated’ frozen pizzas. You can read more here.

Share them with us below in the comments!

Source: Youtube/Mashed

Sponsored
We Aussies love our pizza - there's no doubt about that. It's probably one of the most popular takeaway food options in the country.

But sometimes, we just don't feel like going out or waiting for delivery. That's where frozen pizza comes in handy. You can just pop it in the oven and have a delicious, hot meal ready in minutes!

There are all kinds of frozen pizzas on the market these days to suit every taste - from your classic Margherita to gourmet options with all kinds of unique toppings. But some people are taking things a step further by coming up with their own creative ways to dress up their store-bought pizzas.

One popular hack that has shaken the internet is adding extra cheese to your frozen pizza before cooking it. Sounds simple enough, right? But you wouldn't believe how some people are surprised by this!

A user on Reddit recently asked if anyone else adds extra cheese to their frozen pizza, and hundreds of people chimed in with their thoughts.

View attachment 7014
The Reddit original poster’s cheesetastic creation. Credit: Reddit/u/licking-windows
‘Yup,’ one user said. ‘Extra cheese, extra ham, extra mushrooms, extra onion… Basically treat a frozen pizza as a pizza base.’

Perhaps a testament to extra cheese on frozen pizza, more than one user simply wrote ‘This is the way’ (referencing the creed in The Mandalorian) in various forms.

Then again, there’s always that one person who disagrees. In this case, one user said ‘no, because frozen pizza is a** and shouldn’t be eaten.’ Others meanwhile stressed they didn’t eat pizza at all. (Sad, but you lot do you.)

Others offered more creative — and exotic — suggestions, like chicken two-minute noodles with a dab of Vegemite or naan bread as the base instead of traditional pizza dough. Yum!

Honestly, the post might as well be a full-on cooking advice column with the tips some users gave out.

‘Air fry some chicken tenders or whatever else you want while the pizza cooks — cook time is almost the exact time at 10-15 minutes. Cut up, add to pizza,’ one user offered.

‘The frozen pizzas generally take 10-15 minutes in the oven. I would probably precook bacon, mushroom, capsicum, onions, et cetera before adding them,’ another user thought.

Whether you're trying these crazy hacks at home or sticking to plain old pepperoni, we hope you enjoy your next frozen pizzafest!

Do you have any pizza — frozen, homemade, store bought, or anything in between — hacks you’d like to share with other SDC members? How about for other foods?

We recently wrote a story on the ‘top rated’ frozen pizzas. You can read more here.

Why do I see these hacks for things most of us have been doing for years. Most of us are fairly smart

I don't like frozen pizza. The base is too cardboardy (is that a word). And I ALWAYS have to add salami, cheese etc to it. So what is the point of buying frozen pizza. I just goto my local pizza food chain and get the $5 pizza from them. Or if I have extra money I get a more expensive pizza. I find pizza from local pizza food chain tastes better than the card board stuff. We bought frozen pizza a few weeks ago after several years of not buying frozen stuff and yup we did not like it even after adding toppings.

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 7014

Always add extras

View attachment 7014

I buy a pack of 5 pitta bread from Aldi for around$1.50, a pack of 100% bacon for $4.99, and a pizza sauce in a squeezy bottle for around $2.00 and a tin of pineapple for under $1.50. I make my own hawaiian pizzas this way and for around $10 I get five. I usually have a pack of pizza cheese in my frig. So for about $15 all up I get 5 pizzas at around $3 each. I make them all up at once and freeze them.

I buy a pack of 5 pitta bread from Aldi for around$1.50, a pack of 100% bacon for $4.99, and a pizza sauce in a squeezy bottle for around $2.00 and a tin of pineapple for under $1.50. I make my own hawaiian pizzas this way and for around $10 I get five. I usually have a pack of pizza cheese in my frig. So for about $15 all up I get 5 pizzas at around $3 each. I make them all up at once and freeze them.
Five pizzas for $15?! Looks like we have a great budget-friendly tip here! Thank you @rehandra :D

I don't like frozen pizza. The base is too cardboardy (is that a word). And I ALWAYS have to add salami, cheese etc to it. So what is the point of buying frozen pizza. I just goto my local pizza food chain and get the $5 pizza from them. Or if I have extra money I get a more expensive pizza. I find pizza from local pizza food chain tastes better than the card board stuff. We bought frozen pizza a few weeks ago after several years of not buying frozen stuff and yup we did not like it even after adding toppings.
Fair enough, @Senor!