SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
How are you spending your week?

Are you up to anything exciting this week? Or are you hanging around the house? Either way, I'd love to know what you're up to!

This week, I'll just be hanging around home, hopefully doing a lot of reading, relaxing and sleeping! It won't be too busy at all, but I think that is exactly what I need :)

compressed-pexels-vincenzo-malagoli-1550648.jpeg
Will you be doing much reading this week? Image source: Pexels.

Are you up to anything exciting this week? Or are you hanging around the house? Either way, I'd love to know what you're up to!

This week, I'll just be hanging around home, hopefully doing a lot of reading, relaxing and sleeping! It won't be too busy at all, but I think that is exactly what I need :)

View attachment 35456

This week I'm just focussed on staying out of hospital! I've been in and out of them as a patient for over 18 months, was just discharged about a week ago, and am not in a hurry to return!
Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas

Last edited:
This week spending time with my daughter and granddaughter before heading home next Monday to get ready to go back to work.
Hope you all had a magical Xmas with family and friends and have a wonderful and safe new year.

View attachment 35456

View attachment 35456

As we have the family all together and I am being asked about little jobs that I usually do thru the year for my family
Today I have 2 jobs for daughter replace gear know on her car and adjust rear view mirror that has come loose. Tomorrow putting a new grip on eldest cricket bat very expensive ite m

View attachment 35456

I will be seeing the film ‘One Life’ which looks interesting, buying an eye pencil which was out of stock before Xmas & catching up with 2 lots of friends I haven’t seen for a while. One is an Austrian couple. We usually sit on their balcony & marvel at the bird life as the birds eat the seeds left for them while we enjoy a delicious lunch. While he tends the garden she & I talk about grandkids & share the highs & lows of our Christmas experiences.
The second person I will see I used to teach with. As we have both worked incredibly hard over the years we might just treat ourselves to a fancy lunch at Sealevel restaurant in Cronulla. As I am now retired & on a pension I’d be wiser to save those $ but hey ‘I could be dead tomorrow‘ as the old cliche goes so why not make the best of today!

As we have the family all together and I am being asked about little jobs that I usually do thru the year for my family
Today I have 2 jobs for daughter replace gear know on her car and adjust rear view mirror that has come loose. Tomorrow putting a new grip on eldest cricket bat very expensive item I'm told around $550.00, it's ridiculous but he has saved and is an A grader. And the list goes on. I absolutely love doing these little things to help my family, also going to rehang our friends fly screen that got knocked about during the storm. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. 🎉 ✨
As all the family is together

Reactions: Kawi
I've been binge watching a series on Prime, This is us, It made me laugh, cry,laugh and cry more. I finished it last night.

Now I can enjoy beach visits to Cronulla and picnics with most of my kids.
I love this time of year as most of my kids are off work .

I'll take this time to wish everyone a Safe and Healthy New Year and hope 2024 is even better than 2023

I want to also thank the Team at @sdc for all their hard work in bringing us amazing stories and keeping us updated on things we may have not seen .

Suzanne 🌹

Christmas Eve family gathered at my place for Secret Santa. Is great having the cousins (my grandchildren together) The youngest is 16. All grown up. Only one ,of 12, still at school.
Christmas Day was quiet and Boxing Day went to my son's as we celebrated his inlaws 59th anniversary. Tomorrow would have been my 60th Anniversary but sadly my love has gone upstairs.

I thought I was having a quiet time between Xmas and New Year but my 16 and 12 year old grandsons decided to come home with us after Christmas dinner. So it looks like I will be doing a few trips to the supermarket, a trip to Officeworks looking at desks and spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking bacon and eggs etc to fill their ever-empty bellies. I realise that I am blessed even if I need a rest when they go home (I am 72). I wish you Maddie and all our wonderful friends a very Happy New Year with dreams fulfilled.

We had our usual quiet Christmas, just my husband, son & my brother but we enjoy it. It so good to have our son home for a short stay. We hang about watching cricket, catching up on movies & Slow Horses. I’m incredibly tired after our rather challenging year so I find my Ereader and binge read. A dear friend turns 70 today so Ted & I will visit him & his wife whose 80th birthday in a few days.
I do like having a couple of friends who are younger than me. Then I need to contemplate what a couple of early & mid 70yr.olds could wear to a Coachella themed party. Always knew I should have kept that patterned jumpsuit & cheesecloth kaftan from the very early 70’s. Of course they would’ve needed serious letting out! (To twice the size 🤣)
keep up the good work Maddie.

• Love
Reactions: Knell

View attachment 35456

Just having quiet time t home with a little bit of reading, everyone in our little unit complex are away so I’m totally solo for the rest of the week now for a social chit chatter like me it’s a tad sad but I’ll be ok and if it gets to bad I’ll ring someone lol 😂 being a fully retired pensioner I move slower than the young and active and thrown in on top of that my severe arthritis I’m even slower but to you which my day might be a very slow day to you to me it’s a full day from the patio to the kitchen to my recliner and occasionally the bathroom and toilet phew it’s quite a full day !! Lol 😂
Ok take care and have a wonderful upcoming New Years for 2024
Cheers Pete from Mackay QLD

Just having quiet time t home with a little bit of reading, everyone in our little unit complex are away so I’m totally solo for the rest of the week now for a social chit chatter like me it’s a tad sad but I’ll be ok and if it gets to bad I’ll ring someone lol 😂 being a fully retired pensioner I move slower than the young and active and thrown in on top of that my severe arthritis I’m even slower but to you which my day might be a very slow day to you to me it’s a full day from the patio to the kitchen to my recliner and occasionally the bathroom and toilet phew it’s quite a full day !! Lol 😂
Sometimes it is nice to be in the silence and read, so I hope you enjoy the peace and quiet. As you say, phone a friend or come here and chat - always options!

Reactions: PattiB
Hello I’m just having quiet time at home with a little bit of reading, everyone in our 4 unit complex are away so I’m totally solo for the rest of the week now for a social chit chatterer like me it’s a tad sad but I’ll be ok and if it gets to bad I’ll ring someone lol 😂 being a fully retired pensioner I move slower than the young and active and thrown in on top of that my severe arthritis I’m even slower but to you which my day might be a very slow day to me it’s a full day going from the patio to the kitchen to my recliner and occasionally the bathroom and toilet phew it’s quite a full day !! Lol 😂

•••

I spent Christmas with one of my sons and daughters in law who are looking after their two granddaughters 4 & 3 year olds. They have been keeping us all pretty busy. I will go home on the weekend and see what kind of mess the storms made of the Northern Gold Coast. Luckily another son went over to my place and emptied the fridge and freezer after the power was out for days!
Anyway I hope all staff and members have a very healthy and happy New Year. 😃🥳😀

Reactions: Knell
I spent Christmas with one of my sons and daughters in law who are looking after their two granddaughters 4 & 3 year olds. They have been keeping us all pretty busy. I will go home on the weekend and see what kind of mess the storms made of the Northern Gold Coast. Luckily another son went over to my place and emptied the fridge and freezer after the power was out for days!
Anyway I hope all staff and members have a very healthy and happy New Year. 😃🥳😀
Yikes! Nasty storms Gold Coast area! Hope everything is OK there when you get home!

Reactions: PattiB and June E

View attachment 35456

Well I had the best surprise today my lil sis from cairns was at the front door. Haven’t seen her in about 2years even though we talk every week it was the best Christmas present ever.😍