Horrified groom accidentally gives his future wife’s dress away for a deceased family member to wear – “I think I stopped breathing”

Admit it, we’ve all made unforgettable and borderline traumatic mistakes. That’s just a part of what truly makes us human – being prone to embarrassingly foolish errors. Absolutely no one is perfect, but there are certainly more than a few unfortunate moments that’ll leave you wishing you were. At least that’s how one groom would have felt as he found himself in a serious pickle. Hold on to your seats, folks. You’re in for a wild ride.

A groom-to-be was left horrified after realising that he accidentally gave away his future wife’s $3000 wedding dress in what may be deemed as the most chaotic mix-up of the decade.

Kasia, a bridal shop owner, detailed the disastrous story in a series of TikTok posts after she got a phone call from an anxiety-ridden groom along with the bride’s brother, pleading to reorder the custom-made gown five months away from the highly-anticipated occasion.

The bride handed the gown to her mum for ‘safe keeping’ so the mum stowed it away in her wardrobe. Unfortunately, in a dramatic turn of events, the bride’s grandmother passed away two weeks ago.

When the family was organising the funeral, the bride’s mum instructed her brother and the husband-to-be to “go get grandma’s wedding dress” out of her wardrobe and bring it to the funeral home, as she wanted to be “buried in her gown”. And this is where things started going downhill… Because the unsuspecting blokes picked up the wrong wedding dress and grabbed the bride’s dress instead.

Nky2Ca-RakMlEmKhZuCKVK1g6Z8JKnvaw5PZo1BGfnUauHvMHgjD5tiF1v5vqh1VxvAeTDseN6E47ADo14nMjjoJZ4qBP-ghKoXw5LdVEkOG0YaU0d3ddCCVnjDGYg4_iY-3H1DMzv24JTu0RA

We’re… Speechless… Image Credit: The Knot

“I got a phone call from the groom, frantic as hell, crying practically... He asked: ‘I need to know if I can reorder this dress’,” Kasia recalled the conversation.

Completely lost, she asked the groom if everything was okay.

“He breaks down and starts crying. Then, I hear another guy in the background and he grabs the phone out of his hand and says, ‘Listen, I’m the brother of the bride’. Then he tells me what happened,” she said.

“Well, it’s an unfortunate situation. The bride gave the dress to her mother to put in her closet - no one goes in there, nobody, just mum,”

“He says, ‘Well two weeks ago my grandma died. Grandpa was buried in his tuxedo so grandma wanted to be buried in her own wedding gown’,” the bride’s brother said.

“When all of this happened, mum frantically called me and my future brother-in-law to go get grandma’s wedding dress out of the closet, so we did,”

“But we didn’t know it was in a box – we took the bag,”

When Kasia finally realised where the wedding dress was, she said: “I swear, I think I stopped breathing,”

Video Credit: @kasias_bridal

She added: “So the boys did just that. They didn’t know any better. They didn’t know there were multiple wedding dresses in the closet. I said, ‘Wait a second, so when did you notice the dress was missing? Like, grandma is wearing it, right? Didn’t you guys see her before she got buried?’”

The boys explained that their grandma was “buried in a closed casket”.

“So no one knew the bride’s wedding dress was on grandma,” the bridal shop owner added.
“This dress is buried six feet under with grandma. This dress has been underground for two weeks now,”

Despite them pleading with her to reorder the same dress, Kasia regretfully told the groom and the bride’s brother that she wouldn’t be able to provide them with the customised gown in time for the wedding.

She also told the boys that even if they did manage to find something similar, the bride would eventually find out as any other dress would give away that it was different to the custom gown she had already purchased.

“So on a conference call, I called the bride’s mum, the brother, and the groom. Everyone was on pins and needles, freaking out,” Kasia shared.

“They all avoided the bride for two days until they heard from me. I gave them all these ideas but said, ‘In the end, the bride is going to find out’. So they made the executive decision to actually come clean, which I’m glad they decided to do,”

In the end, Kasia was delighted to confirm a “happy ending” to the wedding dress catastrophe.

AiC50stsLpPg2gRM_9UO0IIWq0q9pjg9cgSsvx6nSQYPSxIq0_eFy66Xg7Bk0cvu-C1goispvnnE6c3qFB1nQbiHFQOH2H0cftr8nK43YQi8-V-Y9tPcuMKpOIHGiTAEYIUWbUGSBs1Fnp6oSQ
pYEEWMhNEJWfwCc_v8z8ItWcEsJi7D6WaT7qcfrD3motOw0hVdCbIoKkJ26ez5AMr_230Ip7Fnsdk4R0QdhUhsxNX3c5Z3GNZInXOb-VQWy0X5NliReeTDn8mRoIAWdeBTMhkCUvVBTX6KBrcQ

Kasia details the bizarre story on TikTok. Image Credit: @kasias_bridal

“Within 24 hours of [the conference call], the bride called and asked, ‘How hard would it be to enlarge the dress that I have?’” Kasia added.

“She had ordered a size eight and she said, ‘I think I’m going to be a size 14 to 16 by the time of the wedding. I’m like, ‘That dress is a mermaid. I don’t think we could enlarge it that much. What’s going on?’”

“She was pregnant. She was thrilled about getting a new dress. And they came clean. Everything worked out,”

The bridal shop owner said that she only disclosed the insane story after everything was fully resolved.

Her series of videos have garnered over six million views, with thousands expressing their thoughts about the ordeal.

“Me thinking he’s just freaking out because he accidentally saw the dress before the day… I WISH IT WAS JUST THAT!” one person commented.

“I feel genuinely sorry for the guy! He was just trying to help, made a mistake, and now he’s doing everything he can to help again.” said another.

“At the end of this, I literally gasped and said out loud ‘Oh noooo!!’” added a third.

“NO WAY. This CAN’T be real!” exclaimed a fourth.

“You just know these brothers seriously considered digging up grandma before making this call.” joked another.

“As a mum, I definitely would have confirmed they had the correct dress knowing there were two wedding dresses in my closet.” argued one more.

Well… That story certainly left us speechless. What are your thoughts on this wedding dress disaster? Share them with us in the comments!

Watch Kasia’s TikTok video below (Part 3):

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
Admit it, we’ve all made unforgettable and borderline traumatic mistakes. That’s just a part of what truly makes us human – being prone to embarrassingly foolish errors. Absolutely no one is perfect, but there are certainly more than a few unfortunate moments that’ll leave you wishing you were. At least that’s how one groom would have felt as he found himself in a serious pickle. Hold on to your seats, folks. You’re in for a wild ride.

A groom-to-be was left horrified after realising that he accidentally gave away his future wife’s $3000 wedding dress in what may be deemed as the most chaotic mix-up of the decade.

Kasia, a bridal shop owner, detailed the disastrous story in a series of TikTok posts after she got a phone call from an anxiety-ridden groom along with the bride’s brother, pleading to reorder the custom-made gown five months away from the highly-anticipated occasion.

The bride handed the gown to her mum for ‘safe keeping’ so the mum stowed it away in her wardrobe. Unfortunately, in a dramatic turn of events, the bride’s grandmother passed away two weeks ago.

When the family was organising the funeral, the bride’s mum instructed her brother and the husband-to-be to “go get grandma’s wedding dress” out of her wardrobe and bring it to the funeral home, as she wanted to be “buried in her gown”. And this is where things started going downhill… Because the unsuspecting blokes picked up the wrong wedding dress and grabbed the bride’s dress instead.

Nky2Ca-RakMlEmKhZuCKVK1g6Z8JKnvaw5PZo1BGfnUauHvMHgjD5tiF1v5vqh1VxvAeTDseN6E47ADo14nMjjoJZ4qBP-ghKoXw5LdVEkOG0YaU0d3ddCCVnjDGYg4_iY-3H1DMzv24JTu0RA

We’re… Speechless… Image Credit: The Knot

“I got a phone call from the groom, frantic as hell, crying practically... He asked: ‘I need to know if I can reorder this dress’,” Kasia recalled the conversation.

Completely lost, she asked the groom if everything was okay.

“He breaks down and starts crying. Then, I hear another guy in the background and he grabs the phone out of his hand and says, ‘Listen, I’m the brother of the bride’. Then he tells me what happened,” she said.

“Well, it’s an unfortunate situation. The bride gave the dress to her mother to put in her closet - no one goes in there, nobody, just mum,”

“He says, ‘Well two weeks ago my grandma died. Grandpa was buried in his tuxedo so grandma wanted to be buried in her own wedding gown’,” the bride’s brother said.

“When all of this happened, mum frantically called me and my future brother-in-law to go get grandma’s wedding dress out of the closet, so we did,”

“But we didn’t know it was in a box – we took the bag,”

When Kasia finally realised where the wedding dress was, she said: “I swear, I think I stopped breathing,”

She added: “So the boys did just that. They didn’t know any better. They didn’t know there were multiple wedding dresses in the closet. I said, ‘Wait a second, so when did you notice the dress was missing? Like, grandma is wearing it, right? Didn’t you guys see her before she got buried?’”

The boys explained that their grandma was “buried in a closed casket”.

“So no one knew the bride’s wedding dress was on grandma,” the bridal shop owner added.
“This dress is buried six feet under with grandma. This dress has been underground for two weeks now,”

Despite them pleading with her to reorder the same dress, Kasia regretfully told the groom and the bride’s brother that she wouldn’t be able to provide them with the customised gown in time for the wedding.

She also told the boys that even if they did manage to find something similar, the bride would eventually find out as any other dress would give away that it was different to the custom gown she had already purchased.

“So on a conference call, I called the bride’s mum, the brother, and the groom. Everyone was on pins and needles, freaking out,” Kasia shared.

“They all avoided the bride for two days until they heard from me. I gave them all these ideas but said, ‘In the end, the bride is going to find out’. So they made the executive decision to actually come clean, which I’m glad they decided to do,”

In the end, Kasia was delighted to confirm a “happy ending” to the wedding dress catastrophe.

AiC50stsLpPg2gRM_9UO0IIWq0q9pjg9cgSsvx6nSQYPSxIq0_eFy66Xg7Bk0cvu-C1goispvnnE6c3qFB1nQbiHFQOH2H0cftr8nK43YQi8-V-Y9tPcuMKpOIHGiTAEYIUWbUGSBs1Fnp6oSQ
pYEEWMhNEJWfwCc_v8z8ItWcEsJi7D6WaT7qcfrD3motOw0hVdCbIoKkJ26ez5AMr_230Ip7Fnsdk4R0QdhUhsxNX3c5Z3GNZInXOb-VQWy0X5NliReeTDn8mRoIAWdeBTMhkCUvVBTX6KBrcQ

Kasia details the bizarre story on TikTok. Image Credit: @kasias_bridal

“Within 24 hours of [the conference call], the bride called and asked, ‘How hard would it be to enlarge the dress that I have?’” Kasia added.

“She had ordered a size eight and she said, ‘I think I’m going to be a size 14 to 16 by the time of the wedding. I’m like, ‘That dress is a mermaid. I don’t think we could enlarge it that much. What’s going on?’”

“She was pregnant. She was thrilled about getting a new dress. And they came clean. Everything worked out,”

The bridal shop owner said that she only disclosed the insane story after everything was fully resolved.

Her series of videos have garnered over six million views, with thousands expressing their thoughts about the ordeal.

“Me thinking he’s just freaking out because he accidentally saw the dress before the day… I WISH IT WAS JUST THAT!” one person commented.

“I feel genuinely sorry for the guy! He was just trying to help, made a mistake, and now he’s doing everything he can to help again.” said another.

“At the end of this, I literally gasped and said out loud ‘Oh noooo!!’” added a third.

“NO WAY. This CAN’T be real!” exclaimed a fourth.

“You just know these brothers seriously considered digging up grandma before making this call.” joked another.

“As a mum, I definitely would have confirmed they had the correct dress knowing there were two wedding dresses in my closet.” argued one more.

Well… That story certainly left us speechless. What are your thoughts on this wedding dress disaster? Share them with us in the comments!

Watch Kasia’s TikTok video below (Part 3):

There are no words for the idiocy of these guys!! They really thought that dress had been their GRANDMOTHER’S wedding dress….OMG!!

There are no words for the idiocy of these guys!! They really thought that dress had been their GRANDMOTHER’S wedding dress….OMG!!
If you read the explanation you would have seen that they didn't actually SEE the dress - it was in a garment bag and Grandma's was in a box in same wardrobe. They weren't told there was another dress in there, so it was a quite understandable mistake. The mother must have been distraught that her instructions weren't more explicit.

If you read the explanation you would have seen that they didn't actually SEE the dress - it was in a garment bag and Grandma's was in a box in same wardrobe. They weren't told there was another dress in there, so it was a quite understandable mistake. The mother must have been distraught that her instructions weren't more explicit.
And when they opened it up they would have thought, gee Nan was a trend setter!! Oh come on, they are idiots!!

Ok I was a bridal stylist up until recently. I am very suspicious about this whole story.
1. A Size 8 mermaid dress is very tight so the grandmother must have been small

2. Why would you get your son to get the dress out of the cupboard. I know I would have checked it out to see it was yellow and also to have one last look at it.

3. It only takes 3 months to order a dress in . We got our dresses either straight from China or from our head office in America.
Only made to measure takes 6 to 12 months and clearly this was not made to measure

4. Yes occasionally a bride got pregnant before her big day but it was rare .

I can't believe all this happened. I think it was one of those made up internet stories

Reactions: Sloopy