'Sooky' parking note sets off chaos among drivers: 'Not my fault you can't drive'

Parking etiquette is a topic that can stir the hornet's nest in any suburban neighbourhood.

A recent incident started a debate about the unwritten rules of street parking and the importance of being considerate to our neighbours.

A frustrated Victorian driver took to social media about a passive-aggressive note left by another ute driver.

'RAM owner left me a note,' he wrote as he posted two photos—one depicting the handwritten note which read: 'May as well park in my driveway next time buddy…'

In this case, the parked car was not infringing on the driveway, yet the homeowner felt compelled to express their displeasure.

compressed-photo (7).jpeg
A driver shared his ordeal with a ute owner who wrote him a rather interesting note. Image Credit: Reddit/parsim

VicRoads stated on their social media platforms that drivers can park vehicles 'anywhere in a street where parking is permitted, including in front of other homes or businesses'.

However, they also specified that you can't block a driveway for more than two minutes, except when picking up or dropping passengers.

With these regulations, the note received a mix of criticism and humour from social media users, who called it 'sooky'.

'Far out, we live on a street shared with a primary school,' one wrote. 'If I wrote a note for every snug park, I'd buy stocks in Officeworks.'

'Chuck a note in their letterbox that says something like, "It's not my fault you can't drive"', a second comment wrote.

Note aside, others commented on the size of the resident's vehicle.

'Mate, if you can't get out of your driveway with someone parked on the street, then maybe you aren't a good enough driver for your emotional support vehicle,' a comment read.

'Seems ironic that the RAM driver would be complaining about someone taking up too much space,' another wrote.

'If he can't reverse his oversized ute out of his driveway while the Nissan is legally parked, maybe he should downsize to something he can handle,' a third commented.

While the incident provided light-hearted banter among social media users, it also raised a serious question: Are we as considerate when we park our cars?

In a related article, parking across your driveway is illegal in New South Wales.

Violations may cost a hefty $302—even increasing to $387 and two demerit points when violations are in school zones.

Transport NSW confirmed the law aims to ensure 24/7 access to driveways and applies even to personal properties.
Key Takeaways

• A Victorian driver has been criticised for leaving a note on a car parked legally outside their home, calling the action 'sooky'.
  • The note suggested the visitor might as well park directly in the driver's driveway, which sparked a debate on social media.
  • Social media users defended the legally parked car, some ridiculing the resident's large vehicle and suggesting their driving skills might be the issue.
  • A few users humorously suggested the parked driver take the note literally, even joking about parking in the driveway as the note implied permission.
Have you ever encountered a similar situation in your neighbourhood? What are your thoughts on this parking predicament? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below.

Sponsored
What’s the beef it’s not like they can’t drive in the driveway the cars hardly blocking access.Some people just like to whinge about anything.boo hoo😩