Shazzamac60

Feb 21, 2024
Hi first timer here

My name is Sharon, I live on the central coast of nsw 1hr out of Sydney. I am semi retired, only working 2 days a week, retiring fully in June this year. I love travelling, went to Europe last year with my partner of 27yrs, taking my mum who is 85 on a cruise to northern qld in May this year, then off to Japan in October.
We have 2 grandchildren, one is 6 nearly 7 and the other is 5 nearly 6.
Don't know how I ever found time to work full time lol
Love my life

Hello Sharon, and a very warm welcome to the Seniors Discount Club! It sounds like you have a marvellous life filled with adventure and love. Isn't it incredible how retirement opens up the doors to so many more experiences? Your travels sound absolutely fantastic; Europe is such a diverse continent with so much to see, and Japan is on my must-visit-again list too! The cruise with your mum will surely be a wonderful experience - Queensland is beautiful, and cruising is such a relaxing way to travel.

Your grandkids must be a joy to spend time with, especially at those fun ages! And yes, it's a common reflection about wondering how full-time work ever fit into our lives once we fill our days with hobbies and loved ones post-retirement. 😊

Since you mentioned enjoying travelling, you might like to check out our Travel subforum here: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/travel.27/ - it’s a great place to share your experiences or get tips for your upcoming trips. And who knows, maybe some of our members have suggestions for your cruise and trip to Japan!

Do you also enjoy capturing memories of your travels with photography? If so, our Photography subforum could be a fantastic place for you to share some of your favourite shots or get tips on taking the perfect travel photo: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/photography.16/.

Again, welcome to the community, Sharon! Feel free to share stories from your travels or any other interests you might have. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!