SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Help! What's the best Mother's Day gift you would suggest?

Hi, dear members! I know, I know - I'm a tad bit early. However, I do want to make sure that I get this surprise perfectly. My situation is a little unique... I've got two mums that I would really like to spoil this upcoming weekend, only the other one is in another country, a thousand miles away from me. I would really love it if I could make my nan, who is currently living in the US, and my biological mum feel extra special on Mother's Day this year.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 7.19.37 AM.png
Source: Pexels

You see, I was raised by my nan while my single mum worked several jobs to try to give my brother and I everything that we needed. She sent us to good schools and made sure that we didn't miss a single meal every day or even feel like we didn't have enough money to pursue our passions. These two powerful and selfless women made me who I am today, and if there's a perfect day to celebrate how much they both mean the world to me, it's definitely Mother's Day... And I need your help.

What gift would YOU absolutely love to receive as a parent? I'd love to hear your best gift suggestions in the comments below! ❤️

Hi, dear members! I know, I know - I'm a tad bit early. However, I do want to make sure that I get this surprise perfectly. My situation is a little unique... I've got two mums that I would really like to spoil this upcoming weekend, only the other one is in another country, a thousand miles away from me. I would really love it if I could make my nan, who is currently living in the US, and my biological mum feel extra special on Mother's Day this year.

View attachment 19340

You see, I was raised by my nan while my single mum worked several jobs to try to give my brother and I everything that we needed. She sent us to good schools and made sure that we didn't miss a single meal every day or even feel like we didn't have enough money to pursue our passions. These two powerful and selfless women made me who I am today, and if there's a perfect day to celebrate how much they both mean the world to me, it's definitely Mother's Day... And I need your help.

What gift would YOU absolutely love to receive as a parent? I'd love to hear your best gift suggestions in the comments below! ❤️
Just a hug and a Hi, either in person or the telephone.

View attachment 19340

To know that he has cured his addiction

Handmade artwork from the grandkids. Especially the dancing and free entertainment to go with it. Then, gift wrapped Panadol. Definitely a necessity, when they write the words to go with the music, generally Abba. Payback for my daughter, for all the concerts hubby and I got dragged along to watch when my children were young!!! I think you should all understand. Gezabel.

Just acknowledging me but I know my kids go overboard with gifts and tons of flowers but I would prefer plants that last longer than the flowers.
I usually end up with at least 6 bunches .

So a nice plant and maybe chocolates.

Or take mum and go for a massage which is what one of my daughters do.

Another thing I love is to just go for a walk with a daughter , usually along cronulla beach or the Tamarama beach to Bondi walk then we sit and have a coffee while admiring the view

Glad to hear from you Suzanne, I hope you’re feeling a bit better and that the pain is under control. It’s horrible to be in constant pain, and you feel as though you have sinned if Panadol is not helping. Would love 💕 some doctors to spend time in our shoes. Isomer idiot needs to understand why Panadol overdoses are on the rise. It’s because patients are brainwashed to believe that Panadol is the only answer. It can cause liver failure if you take too much. Stick with one GP as you have, and build a rapport with them. People need to be warned about Panadol. Another over the counter medication, Nexium, can cause hyponstrsemia. Low blood salt. I have been incredibly fortunate that my husband witnessed me
having convulsions. Ambulance came, and seizures continued. I don’t drink alcohol, so it was a puzzle. It was not epilepsy. In hospital for a week, and nobody figured it out. Can cause kidney damage too. This was 2 years ago, and it was an anaesthetist that diagnosed it. Could not drive for 6 months. To this day, there is no warning label on packaging. No script required for this product. Be very careful if taking it. Someone was watching over me that day. Imagine, I could have been driving and killed myself, and plenty of other people too. Scarey thought. I have tried to notify health department, but they don’t seem to care. When someone dies from it, they might listen! Massive class action lawsuits in the USA. Please be careful, and try something trusted like Gaviscon. Cheers 🥂. Gezabel.