Getaway star Catriona Rowntree shares her trick for maintaining her youthful appearance at age 51

There are definitely some people who seem to have found the fountain of youth. No matter how many years go by, their appearance doesn’t seem to change. They might age gracefully, or they don’t seem to age at all.

So, what’s the secret? How do they do it?

Well, Getaway host, Catriona Rowntree has revealed some of her secrets for looking impossibly youthful at 51.

The TV presenter, who hosted Getaway for more than 25 years, looks as gorgeous today as she did when she started the show back in 1996.

Talking with the Sydney Morning Herald, Catriona revealed that she attributes her youthful appearance to a positive outlook and daily use of sunscreen. Additionally, she keeps her beauty routine simple, using only a cleanser, serum, and moisturiser.

CfyKe2cIhWpCB74RF_NjK6cX-8-k0rufox686McdjHLF-c6NM0ZkR95I5QrAvgl4ZvA2urSjSKPy7hanYOMjRhOseUjbbvCpgQoQV6IyCchj1T88v-hxOk1tFPw4pGlyow3OzuQ7E-ZhOO-r-IRyMA

The TV presenter always receives compliments for her youthful glow. Credit: Catriona Rowntree/Instagram.

But the most important things in her beauty routine are drinking plenty of water, taking collagen and consuming olive oil. These three things help keep her skin looking fresh and radiant.

'I take collagen daily, guzzle the water, consume olive oil whenever possible and moisturise the neck, the décolletage, and tops of hands,' Catriona explained.

'That said, daily olive oil is my saviour too. On salads, directly rubbed into cuticles, a baby's dry scalp, you cannot beat nature as a cure-all.'

She also credits her long hair and genetic 'fat cheeks' for making her younger looking.

'My fat cheeks [are a big contributor to looking young],' she remarked.

Another of Catriona's secrets is using multi-tasking products, like a compact with SPF in it, to make sure her face is always protected from the sun.

bPXzBvZWW5_X_gPGQ_2MBABniGb3PBO2wbfs6G9keuwNaZexNkeDzWzVXiSCPrnLqTcBJLQLWX4h0R9ZCptKbh75EOnYk1yWcusdnQfYgslQjiKY6fqx6jmO381Addz4diL3wT_LHRBaJdxzC3IxSw

People noticed that Catriona looks as young as she did when she was 25. Credit: Getty Images.

She also revealed that she uses Clarins Double Serum — a tip she learned from flight attendants during her travels for the show.

She said: 'I love to do really quick facials like the SOS ones (10 minutes while having my brekky) and of course Clarins Beauty Flash is essential.'

Catriona also enjoys eating a natural, healthy diet that is rich in whole foods and produce from her family's farm, especially dark green leafy vegetables.

And finally, the 51-year-old loves to step outside of her comfort zone. She says this helps her stay look young, fresh and excited about life.

So there you have it - the secret to good skin is a mix of genetics, a good skincare routine, and a can-do attitude!

While we share this story, we also want to remind everyone that you don't have to be pressured to look younger than you are despite what mainstream media tells you!

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look your best, but don't feel like you have to look like you're 20 when you're really 40 (or 50, or 60). Embrace your age and enjoy the wisdom and experience that comes with it. We're not getting any younger, so why not enjoy the ride?

Sponsored
I have never understood chasing the fountain of youth. I always said that I was going to grow old disgracefully and embrace it! Having never had a beauty regime or worn makeup I'm not about to start slapping gloop all over my face, I'd never keep it up anyway!:)

Catriona Rowntree has been in the public eye for many years. She doesn't seem to have changed, inside or out.
She seems to be a beautiful-natured person , and her outward appearance appears to glow, reflecting her inner peace.
I really don't know anything about her, but this is the impression I get.

Catriona Rowntree has been in the public eye for many years. She doesn't seem to have changed, inside or out.
She seems to be a beautiful-natured person , and her outward appearance appears to glow, reflecting her inner peace.
I really don't know anything about her, but this is the impression I get.
She seems like a lovely person.

She's lovely. Genetically beautiful. I think it would be continually hard work to keep looking attractive on television with everybody scrutinising you.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I have never understood chasing the fountain of youth. I always said that I was going to grow old disgracefully and embrace it! Having never had a beauty regime or worn makeup I'm not about to start slapping gloop all over my face, I'd never keep it up anyway!:)
Love your style Ricci. I'm of the same opinion.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci