French Tuna Salad

Summers coming and in Sydney we have already been having days of 36 plus and with temperatures rising there is nothing better than a good salad.

I'm going to share a couple of my family's favourite.

exps109626_SD153321D01_29_4b.jpg

Ingredients​

• 8 baby potatoes
  • 120g green beans trimmed
  • 2 tomatoes , each cut into small wedges
  • 1/2 baby cos lettuce , cut or torn into large bite size pieces
  • 3 hard boiked eggs, peeled and quartered
  • ¾ cup/ 100g pitted black olives
  • 250 – 300g canned chunk tuna in oil , drained and broken into large chunks

LEMON DRESSING:​

• 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 small garlic clove , minced/grated
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • Pinch black pepper

METHOD

Instructions​

• Dressing: Shake ingredients in a jar.
  • Cook ptoatoes: Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and leave to fully cool. Slice into halves.
  • Blanch beans: Boil green beans until tender or done to your liking. Drain and refresh under cold running water to quickly cool. Drain, pat well to dry.

ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:​

• Arrange the cos leaves on a large, wide plate.
  • Scatter and layer the remaining ingredients artfully around the plate, finishing with the eggs, olives and chunks of tuna. Drizzle with dressing over and serve!

Recipe Notes:​

1. Potatoes – Regular potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks or slices are totally fine too.

Variations:
– Add other seafood eg prawns calamari.
– Other vegetables you can : Cucumber, capsicum, artichokes, broad bean , red onion, shallots, radishes. Soft herbs are also can be included such as parsley or basil.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Bacon hmmmmm never crossed my mind !!!!! i do like the look of the zuccini slice [lots of bacon] just like mum used to make . Thanks for the reminder

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Summers coming and in Sydney we have already been having days of 36 plus and with temperatures rising there is nothing better than a good salad.

I'm going to share a couple of my family's favourite.

View attachment 31351

Ingredients​

• 8 baby potatoes
  • 120g green beans trimmed
  • 2 tomatoes , each cut into small wedges
  • 1/2 baby cos lettuce , cut or torn into large bite size pieces
  • 3 hard boiked eggs, peeled and quartered
  • ¾ cup/ 100g pitted black olives
  • 250 – 300g canned chunk tuna in oil , drained and broken into large chunks

LEMON DRESSING:​

• 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 small garlic clove , minced/grated
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • Pinch black pepper

METHOD

Instructions​

• Dressing: Shake ingredients in a jar.
  • Cook ptoatoes: Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and leave to fully cool. Slice into halves.
  • Blanch beans: Boil green beans until tender or done to your liking. Drain and refresh under cold running water to quickly cool. Drain, pat well to dry.

ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:​

• Arrange the cos leaves on a large, wide plate.
  • Scatter and layer the remaining ingredients artfully around the plate, finishing with the eggs, olives and chunks of tuna. Drizzle with dressing over and serve!

Recipe Notes:​

1. Potatoes – Regular potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks or slices are totally fine too.

Variations:
– Add other seafood eg prawns calamari.
– Other vegetables you can : Cucumber, capsicum, artichokes, broad bean , red onion, shallots, radishes. Soft herbs are also can be included such as parsley or basil.
It was going just great until the second last sentence.

CUCUMBER!! NO! NO! NO! :sick:

That looks so yummy, can't wait for the warm weather to get here, I love salads.
Weather here in in WA is still a bit all over the place. A few days ago it was 34, the night before last it was 2 degrees.

Reactions: Littleboy8
That looks so yummy, can't wait for the warm weather to get here, I love salads.
Weather here in in WA is still a bit all over the place. A few days ago it was 34, the night before last it was 2 degrees.
Sunday we had 38 deg , Monday 29, yesterday 36 and today 29. We are looking after our 4 year old granddaughter today who has autism so I'm going to have a baking day with her . We are going to make ger sisters birthday cake and either cupcakes or cookies that will be her choice .
She melts my heart ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Ricki and Jo Piper3
Enjoy the cooler weather today and your baking with your granddaughter - would love a peek of what the kitchen looks like after your baking session !!!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sunday we had 38 deg , Monday 29, yesterday 36 and today 29. We are looking after our 4 year old granddaughter today who has autism so I'm going to have a baking day with her . We are going to make ger sisters birthday cake and either cupcakes or cookies that will be her choice .
She melts my heart ❤️
Lucky you, I don't get to see my grand children very often as my son moved to Coffs Harbour 12 months ago. Looking forward to February when I am going across for 10 days.
Managed to secure flights with Virgin for $175 each way Perth to Brisbane, couldn't believe my luck.
Today my daughter goes to her carer for 5 days and while she's away I am going to do a.quick Reno job on her bathroom for her.

Reactions: Jo Piper3
It was a maximum 28 deg C in southeast Melbourne on Monday then down to 13 maximum yesterday. It was 26 at 3 am then half of that during the day!

Lucky you, I don't get to see my grand children very often as my son moved to Coffs Harbour 12 months ago. Looking forward to February when I am going across for 10 days.
Managed to secure flights with Virgin for $175 each way Perth to Brisbane, couldn't believe my luck.
Today my daughter goes to her carer for 5 days and while she's away I am going to do a.quick Reno job on her bathroom for her.
Wow that is so cheap ! I'm looking at going to Perth early next year . We want to do the train trip there, I think it's a 3 day trip and then fly back.
Hubby wants to go to an underwater restaurant.

Bathroom reno , you are going to be very busy .

It's going to be fun cooking , she is a little OCD she washes her hands as soon as anythings on them . Even if she uses a cup or plate and she sees one little dot on it then it has to be washed .
She may also be slightly deaf which was what hearing Australia has confirmed twice but will know 💯 in a couple of weeks after seeing an ENT .

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Wow that is so cheap ! I'm looking at going to Perth early next year . We want to do the train trip there, I think it's a 3 day trip and then fly back.
Hubby wants to go to an underwater restaurant.

Bathroom reno , you are going to be very busy .

It's going to be fun cooking , she is a little OCD she washes her hands as soon as anythings on them . Even if she uses a cup or plate and she sees one little dot on it then it has to be washed .
She may also be slightly deaf which was what hearing Australia has confirmed twice but will know 💯 in a couple of weeks after seeing an ENT .
My daughter is the same with the hand washing and my nephew who is autistic.
My daughter also lost her hearing from the radiation treatment after her first cancer operation, which also damaged her thyroid, poor girl certainly hasn't had a good run in life.

It was a maximum 28 deg C in southeast Melbourne on Monday then down to 13 maximum yesterday. It was 26 at 3 am then half of that during the day!
I was born in Victoria, moved to WA when I was 27, so I well remember Melbourne's funny weather.
Perth weather is lovely, but here inland in the Wheatbelt we get great extremes.
It gets so hot I get up at 4am to water my garden, takes two hours.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
My daughter is the same with the hand washing and my nephew who is autistic.
My daughter also lost her hearing from the radiation treatment after her first cancer operation, which also damaged her thyroid, poor girl certainly hasn't had a good run in life.
😢 but aren't they smart. On Monday at my granddaughter's 16th , my son came with my grandson who is 14 and severely autistic and as soon as he saw me he grabbed my face and put his forehead on mine. Then he started flapping with a huge smile on his face. Unfortunately he was fascinated with the small bottles of coke and no matter where we put them he found them.
I wished I could help my son more.

Your daughter is lucky she has you as her mum

Reactions: Jo Piper3
😢 but aren't they smart. On Monday at my granddaughter's 16th , my son came with my grandson who is 14 and severely autistic and as soon as he saw me he grabbed my face and put his forehead on mine. Then he started flapping with a huge smile on his face. Unfortunately he was fascinated with the small bottles of coke and no matter where we put them he found them.
I wished I could help my son more.
My daughter has a super smart memory for dates.
My husband is one of seven, he has four daughters and between us we have 23 grandies and 9 great grandies
My daughter can remember all their birthdays, as well as the cousins.
We have moved many times, because of our love of renovation, as well as all the houses we have flipped, she remembers the addresses of them all.
They seem to have these extra abilities, making up for the ones they don't have I guess.

My daughter has a super smart memory for dates.
My husband is one of seven, he has four daughters and between us we have 23 grandies and 9 great grandies
My daughter can remember all their birthdays, as well as the cousins.
We have moved many times, because of our love of renovation, as well as all the houses we have flipped, she remembers the addresses of them all.
They seem to have these extra abilities, making up for the ones they don't have I guess.
I just wished my grandson could talk. I sit looking at him wishing I knew what he was thinking 🤔 my granddaughter talks but not clear which we think is because of the hearing problems