Everything you need to know to receive the $250 one-off cash payment for pensioners

Over 6 million Centrelink recipients and concession cardholders will receive a one-off cash payment of $250 in April after the federal government announced the 2022 Federal Budget last week.

The $250 boost is expected to aid pensioners with the rising cost of living in the country.

tzb4T1rAUdwsaAbH9SOPF5xNtZ4ySaoFpHeeXq93U1NLY1jKdfaUivbDbAMA-7p0GHNz0z-7W_ONQORGr1vzOjI_YUXAe22kJ7xtG3xpwuVK6KUIjW0V7LkbChRoPaFhbddZhXQ

Federal government announced the distribution of $250 one-off cash payments to over 6 million concession cardholders and pensioners in April. Credit: AAP.

While the exact date for the release of the funds has not been disclosed, if you are one of those people who are expecting to receive the payment this month, here is everything you should know:

Eligibility

It was said that over 6 million people are eligible to receive the one-off cash payment of $250 in April.

Eligible Australians are reported to be recipients of the following payments:

• Age Pension
  • Austudy and Abstudy Living Allowance
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health card holders
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders
  • Special Benefit
  • Veterans’ Affairs payment recipients and Veteran Gold cardholders
  • Youth Allowance
It should be noted, however, that if you receive multiple of the payments listed above, you will only be eligible to receive one payment of $250.

Fund distribution

Eligible Australians will automatically receive the payment in their chosen bank account where they receive other government financial benefits.

We encourage our readers to ensure that the personal details you provide in your Centrelink account is up-to-date to avoid any delays in the payment.

Aside from the one-off cash payments, the federal government also announced the $420 one-off tax break for more than 10 million Australians, as well as the cut on the fuel excise tax, reducing the cut from 44.2 cents per litre to 22.1 cents until September 28th.

Are you looking forward to receiving the $250 cash payment? Do you think this amount is enough to help cope with the rising living costs? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Everything you need to know to receive the $250 one-off cash payment for pensioners

Over 6 million Centrelink recipients and concession cardholders will receive a one-off cash payment of $250 in April after the federal government announced the 2022 Federal Budget last week.

The $250 boost is expected to aid pensioners with the rising cost of living in the country.

tzb4T1rAUdwsaAbH9SOPF5xNtZ4ySaoFpHeeXq93U1NLY1jKdfaUivbDbAMA-7p0GHNz0z-7W_ONQORGr1vzOjI_YUXAe22kJ7xtG3xpwuVK6KUIjW0V7LkbChRoPaFhbddZhXQ

Federal government announced the distribution of $250 one-off cash payments to over 6 million concession cardholders and pensioners in April. Credit: AAP.

While the exact date for the release of the funds has not been disclosed, if you are one of those people who are expecting to receive the payment this month, here is everything you should know:

Eligibility

It was said that over 6 million people are eligible to receive the one-off cash payment of $250 in April.

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance
It should be noted, however, that if you receive multiple of the payments listed above, you will only be eligible to receive one payment of $250.

Fund distribution

Eligible Australians will automatically receive the payment in their chosen bank account where they receive other government financial benefits.

We encourage our readers to ensure that the personal details you provide in your Centrelink account is up-to-date to avoid any delays in the payment.

Aside from the one-off cash payments, the federal government also announced the $420 one-off tax break for more than 10 million Australians, as well as the cut on the fuel excise tax, reducing the cut from 44.2 cents per litre to 22.1 cents until September 28th.

Are you looking forward to receiving the $250 cash payment? Do you think this amount is enough to help cope with the rising living costs? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
It's easy to see elections are coming up and hence
the sweeteners are on offer.

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

Not happy Jan. Shopping is killing us. We are constantly looking for cheaper foods. And now not able to go driving long distances on weekends as petrol is dreadful. So you take food and petrol rises and we are getting $7 dollars a week more.

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

The $250 will be swallowed up the first time I go to the supermarket unless I walk there then I might have $11 left of it for my next trip to the supermarket, worked hard my whole life and paid taxes never imagined I’d see a time when the older people in this country would be treated so bad, but I keep smiling ☺️ have a great day.

Me again. It is hard not to hate what this government is trying to do to its senior citizens. Nobody should hate anyone whatever your religious beliefs are. What this government has done is despicable. It is a bribe and it will be forgotten at the end of September when the "subsidy" is again amended.

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

I have been medically retired on invalidity but do not qualify for this payment at not at age pension age or qualify for DSP! Go figure, I don't get much of a fortnightly payment from my super and this would've help heaps to buy groceries/bills.

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

I think it will be great.

I have just checked my bank account and for the first time I have received the $20 pension increase that I thought was to be paid in March. I also checked the interest on my account 0,18 cents Whooppee, that'll keep the wolf from the door for sure! The big decision with the $250 payment is which hole it will be used to plug in my particular sinking ship. Living should not be a juggling act.:mad:

Most of my income is frozen at 2013 rates, and is too low to be taxable. I'm 70 but can't have the Age Pension until May 2023, so there's no help with rent etc. However I do have the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card which qualifies me for the one-off $250 payment.

Am I moaning? Not really, what would be the point? I'm just looking forward to an extra $250 this month and the pension top-up (plus concessions!) next year 😎

I have been medically retired on invalidity but do not qualify for this payment at not at age pension age or qualify for DSP! Go figure, I don't get much of a fortnightly payment from my super and this would've help heaps to buy groceries/bills.
Have you contacted Centrelink and asked if you are eligible for a top-up to your super payment? Someone I know was getting super but they also get a part pension. They are not an age pensioner.

Reactions: Chris and Ricci

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

Do u think it is enough to cope with the rising costs???? Definitely no and I would think most recipients would make the same conclusion. Especially with pensioners who rent/couples who rent. Single pensioners would hurt the most Especially if u have to eat certain foods and can't eat a lot due to chemo and other illnesses. I know mine has doubled.

one off isn't any good it should have been fortnightly but then we don't retire on a missive pension like they do and don't have to try and make ends meet and we will only get it after the election I think we can all work it out just because we have retired the brain hasn't it is only to get our votes doesn't mater which one of the government you vote for they are all out to line there own pockets

Eligibility

• Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Youth Allowance

Fund distribution

Is it legal for the gov to use gov money to fund their election campain, $250 is nice and lord knows like many other people I need it. But should the Gov use our money to try and win an election. Just a thought.