Everything you need to know to receive the $250 one-off cash payment for pensioners

Over 6 million Centrelink recipients and concession cardholders will receive a one-off cash payment of $250 in April after the federal government announced the 2022 Federal Budget last week.

The $250 boost is expected to aid pensioners with the rising cost of living in the country.

tzb4T1rAUdwsaAbH9SOPF5xNtZ4ySaoFpHeeXq93U1NLY1jKdfaUivbDbAMA-7p0GHNz0z-7W_ONQORGr1vzOjI_YUXAe22kJ7xtG3xpwuVK6KUIjW0V7LkbChRoPaFhbddZhXQ

Federal government announced the distribution of $250 one-off cash payments to over 6 million concession cardholders and pensioners in April. Credit: AAP.

While the exact date for the release of the funds has not been disclosed, if you are one of those people who are expecting to receive the payment this month, here is everything you should know:

Eligibility

It was said that over 6 million people are eligible to receive the one-off cash payment of $250 in April.

Eligible Australians are reported to be recipients of the following payments:

• Age Pension
  • Austudy and Abstudy Living Allowance
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health card holders
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders
  • Special Benefit
  • Veterans’ Affairs payment recipients and Veteran Gold cardholders
  • Youth Allowance
It should be noted, however, that if you receive multiple of the payments listed above, you will only be eligible to receive one payment of $250.

Fund distribution

Eligible Australians will automatically receive the payment in their chosen bank account where they receive other government financial benefits.

We encourage our readers to ensure that the personal details you provide in your Centrelink account is up-to-date to avoid any delays in the payment.

Aside from the one-off cash payments, the federal government also announced the $420 one-off tax break for more than 10 million Australians, as well as the cut on the fuel excise tax, reducing the cut from 44.2 cents per litre to 22.1 cents until September 28th.

Are you looking forward to receiving the $250 cash payment? Do you think this amount is enough to help cope with the rising living costs? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Everything you need to know to receive the $250 one-off cash payment for pensioners

Over 6 million Centrelink recipients and concession cardholders will receive a one-off cash payment of $250 in April after the federal government announced the 2022 Federal Budget last week.

The $250 boost is expected to aid pensioners with the rising cost of living in the country.

tzb4T1rAUdwsaAbH9SOPF5xNtZ4ySaoFpHeeXq93U1NLY1jKdfaUivbDbAMA-7p0GHNz0z-7W_ONQORGr1vzOjI_YUXAe22kJ7xtG3xpwuVK6KUIjW0V7LkbChRoPaFhbddZhXQ

Federal government announced the distribution of $250 one-off cash payments to over 6 million concession cardholders and pensioners in April. Credit: AAP.

While the exact date for the release of the funds has not been disclosed, if you are one of those people who are expecting to receive the payment this month, here is everything you should know:

Eligibility

It was said that over 6 million people are eligible to receive the one-off cash payment of $250 in April.

Eligible Australians are reported to be recipients of the following payments:

• Age Pension
  • Austudy and Abstudy Living Allowance
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health card holders
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Jobseeker Payment
  • Parenting Payment
  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders
  • Special Benefit
  • Veterans’ Affairs payment recipients and Veteran Gold cardholders
  • Youth Allowance
It should be noted, however, that if you receive multiple of the payments listed above, you will only be eligible to receive one payment of $250.

Fund distribution

Eligible Australians will automatically receive the payment in their chosen bank account where they receive other government financial benefits.

We encourage our readers to ensure that the personal details you provide in your Centrelink account is up-to-date to avoid any delays in the payment.

Aside from the one-off cash payments, the federal government also announced the $420 one-off tax break for more than 10 million Australians, as well as the cut on the fuel excise tax, reducing the cut from 44.2 cents per litre to 22.1 cents until September 28th.

Are you looking forward to receiving the $250 cash payment? Do you think this amount is enough to help cope with the rising living costs? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
I definitely will need this $250. Cash payment as I’m having to draw approximately $100. Per fortnight to help survive from my funeral /retirement fund which is now almost gone.
Living solely on the pension is impossible
After bringing up two sons on my own with no financial support from their father, no super and only working casually where and when I could and still be home for my children after school.
I’m discussed that life financially is impossible to enjoy. I rarely have any money left at the end of a fortnight and struggle to have any spare cash. In fact often going without, when big bills like electricity, gas, car registration, health fund insurance etc etc come in. I feel often hopeless abd down at the lack of finance after parenting then caring for my mother for 7.5 years
So NO I DON’T

Doubt there has ever been a bigger insult to penioners .
Just shows the arrogance and ignorance of the glorified dole bludgers in Canberra.
All respect for the people , and the country , has gone.
Went a long time ago in Australia...just look at the quality that's running the country now.