SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Engagement Parties!

Good Afternoon, members!

I am so interested to hear about your engagement parties if you had one?

We were lucky enough to celebrate my brothers engagement party on Saturday afternoon / evening and we had such a blast! It was quite a laid-back event in my Mum's backyard, but it was still just so much fun to be surrounded by family and friends celebrating my brother and his beautiful fiancèe's engagement!

Tell me all about your engagement party below if you remember! haha!

shutterstock_348860096.jpg
Do you remember your engagement party? Image source: Shutterstock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littleboy8
We didn’t have a party as such, but I do remember the proposal. It was a lovely April Day in 1970. We were down by the Yarra River and there were lots of other people enjoying the sunny day. We found a park bench and sat, her in blissful ignorance and I with my innards in a tight knot gathering the nerve to follow through with my plan. Suddenly, in fron of a crowd, I dropped to one knee in front of her and popped the question. She said “yes I’ll marry you now get up, you’re embarrassing me.” The crowd applauded loudly. That night we went to Poons Chinese Restaurant in Footscray with her parents where we broke the news. That was 54 years ago and we’ve been happily married since 3 October 1970

No engagement, so no party. Got married in registry office, no guests.
Had lunch in nice hotel then had to rush back hime as he had start work mid afternoon
That was 56 years ago,
Unfortunely he contracted lung cancer and went home to God 36 years ago,

We didn’t have a party, just went home and told Mum and Dad. Dad broke out some champagne so I think they were expecting it. That was on the 4th April 1965 and we were married on the 1st April 1967, so today is my wedding anniversary but unfortunately I lost him just over 7 years ago. So today is a bitter/sweet day for me.