Double trouble: Health experts issue warnings about two rapid virus outbreaks happening worldwide

Seasoned travellers understand the allure of exploring new destinations and experiencing different cultures.

However, recent health news started causing concern among global healthcare experts.

It's crucial to stay informed and take necessary precautions to ensure our health and safety, regardless of whether we are globetrotting or staying at home.

The World Health Organisation raised the alarm by declaring a Health Emergency of International Concern over the rapid spread of Monkeypox.

Generally known as Mpox, the virus's recent surge in cases has prompted a global response.

Meanwhile, the Oropouche virus also started making headlines.

According to records, there have been 19 cases of the Oropouche imported from South America to Europe—its first detection on the continent.

compressed-pexels-virus.jpeg
The Mpox and the Oropouche virus recently became cause of concern for many healthcare experts due to its rapid spread. Image Credit: Pexels/CDC

A known virus since 1955, the Oropouche virus is transmitted through infected midges or mosquitoes.

The virus has spread to approximately 8,000 people.

Two Brazilian women have already died from the virus, sparking research and investigation.

The symptoms of the Oropouche virus include nausea, fever with headache, vomiting, and muscle and joint pains.

In some cases, the Oropouche virus could lead to miscarriage and foetal deformities transmitted to the child during pregnancy.

While the virus is rarely fatal, the discomfort and potential complications should not be taken lightly.

Travellers, especially those visiting South America, were advised to take precautions against insect bites.

Health experts from the United Kingdom Health Security Agency also emphasised that pregnant women should be vigilant.

Although the midges carrying the Oropouche virus have not been detected in Europe, the changing climate and increasingly hot weather raise concerns about tropical diseases in new areas, including Australia.

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) stated that they constantly update Smartraveller advisories regarding the virus outbreaks.

NSW Health also issued a warning about Mpox and its symptoms.

This warning came after a recent spike in infections in the area.

Mpox could spread through close skin-to-skin contact and could look like small skin lesions in hard-to-see areas.

Other symptoms include mild fever, headache, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, mouth ulcers, or rectal pain.

Mpox now has a new strain called clade 1b, and over 15,000 cases have been reported in central Africa this year alone.

It's essential to understand the risks and heed the advice of medical experts.

For those planning their international travels for the year, consult travel advisories, stay updated on health warnings, and consider travel insurance to cover medical emergencies.

You may also talk to your doctor about preventative measures, such as vaccines.
Key Takeaways

• The World Health Organisation recently declared a Health Emergency of International Concern due to the rapid spread of Mpox.
  • Travellers were also warned about the Oropouche virus after recent cases imported from South America to Europe.
  • Health experts recommended that travellers avoid insect bites and that pregnant women be particularly vigilant in regions affected by the Oropouche virus.
  • NSW Health also urged the community to be aware of Mpox symptoms following a recent increase in infections.
What do you think of these recent virus outbreaks? How do you keep yourself safe from any illness? Share your health tips and experiences with us in the comments section below.

Sponsored
I agree with most of what you post, Rob44 ... until you used a certain insulting word.
The people you brand as "anti-vaxxer" would like you to please give your definition of the word.

Many people are very wary of the mRNA vaccines that are STILL undergoing safety testing, and the long term effects will not be known for a long time yet.

What narrative was spread as a mantra from every politician. every news broadcaster and every morning show host all around the world, in unison, were the three little words "Safe and Effective."
The mRNA vaccines were anything but safe and effective.
It is not a conspiracy theory that many people suffered injury, mainly clotting and cardiac disorders (Myopathy), and many died. Not safe at all.

And we haven't yet investigated the so-called "excess deaths".

Then we come to the "effective" part.
We were told that the mRNA vaccines were effective in 97% of cases.
Then 95% ... 90% ... 85% ... 77% ... 50% ... !

We were told quite boldly and loudly, that "If you have the vaccine, the virus stops with you! You can't pass it on, and you can't get it. 2 weeks to flatten the curve."

You cannot deny that we were told these things, so where are the conspiracy theories here?
Where are the anti-vaxxers?
One would think, that (on observing that we were lied to in the above examples) a truly wise person would be very cautious about taking any of the mRNA Vaccines; and would certainly be very hesitant about allowing one of their children to have a shot or two of it, given that Mycarditis deaths were occurring in young, fit, otherwise healthy males aged 16 to 30+.

Fast forward to today.
Bill Gates is on record as saying that vaccine hesitancy would not be an issue in the coming pandemics, because people would be lining up demanding to be vaccinated.
How does he know this?
I'm in my mid 70's and have a medical background of 40 years practice.
I also have 8 yrs experience in Industrial Chemistry (Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Fluid dynamics). I regard my stance on things as sensible and measured.

I cannot accept the derogatory term "anti-vaxxer" just because someone has become "vaccine hesitant."
That - in my book - is caution and wisdom, until the research showing safety and efficacy testing yields the claimed results.
So far Pfizer and their ilk are very coy about releasing their test data, and whistleblowers who worked there are saying they never did the claimed testing.

Further - it has come out that results were skewed by removing people who died, from the trials, as well as those who developed reactions, or otherwise became unwell.
Why would you do that. Trial judges in Europe have issued severe reprimands on Pfizer for hiding such data, with fines yet to be determined.

So you seem to showing a good deal of ignorance about the mRNA dark side. I am unsure how they measured that the vaccines reduced hospital stays, or length of illness. But I accept such benefits were possible, and won't dispute that.
Individual cases should not be applied as general. Some people feel that the vaccines saved them. I wouldn't tell them otherwise - no one knows - too many variables.

However, when looking at the deaths that occurred, around 99% of those who got Covid, survived it.
Those who succumbed were aged, infirm with high-risk co-morbidities, and it is acknowledged that these unfortunate folk would have succumbed to the seasonal influenza viruses as easily as they did to Covid. Generally, people younger than 30 would have a survival rate parallel to the survival rate from seasonal influenza.

So where exactly was the benefit from these mRNA vaccines?
Can you blame people for rolling their eyes when a pox spread largely by males having anal sex, is being used as an excuse to once again threaten to lock down the world ... with no benefit.

I have read many of your posts, and believe you to be intelligent and rational.
But should you be looking a little harder at some of the evidence now available revealing a little chicanery in the Vaccine industry?

And please think about revising your use of the term "anti-vaxxer" since it is hurtful to people who have read widely on these vaccines, and for good reason are now hesitant to receive the mRNA variety.
Here is a bit of biomedical stuff from SciTech Daily:

New findings indicate that residual COVID-19 proteins lower brain cortisol and intensify immune reactions, shedding light on Long COVID’s neurological symptoms. This study suggests that addressing these persistent antigens could help alleviate Long COVID symptoms. Credit: SciTechDaily.com
University of Colorado Boulder scientists have discovered that proteins left by COVID-19 can significantly lower cortisol levels in the brain, leading to heightened immune responses to new stressors.

This research, focusing on the neurological symptoms of Long COVID, utilized rats to demonstrate how SARS-CoV-2 antigens persist in the body and alter brain function. This persistent effect could explain the severe and varied symptoms of Long COVID, suggesting potential directions for further research and symptom management strategies.

Understanding COVID-19’s Long-term Impact on the Brain

Proteins left behind by COVID-19 long after initial infection can cause cortisol levels in the brain to plummet, inflame the nervous system, and prime its immune cells to hyper-react when another stressor arises, according to new animal research by University of Colorado Boulder scientists.

The study, published in the journal Brain Behavior and Immunity, sheds new light on what might underly the neurological symptoms of Long COVID, an intractable syndrome which impacts as many as 35% of those infected with the virus.

The findings come as COVID makes a striking summer comeback, with cases rising in 84 countries and numerous high-profile athletes at the Paris Olympics testing positive.

Cortisol’s Role in Long COVID Symptoms​

“Our study suggests that low cortisol could be playing a key role in driving many of these physiological changes that people are experiencing with Long COVID,” said lead author Matthew Frank, PhD, a senior research associate with the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at CU Boulder.

Previous research has shown that SARS-CoV-2 antigens, immune-stimulating proteins shed by the virus that causes COVID-19, linger in the bloodstream of Long COVID patients as much as a year after infection. They’ve also been detected in the brains of COVID patients who have died.

To explore just how such antigens impact the brain and nervous system, the research team injected an antigen called S1 (a subunit of the “spike” protein) into the spinal fluid of rats and compared them to a control group.

Cortisol Reduction and Its Consequences​

After 7 days, in rats exposed to S1, levels of the cortisol-like hormone corticosterone plummeted by 31% in the hippocampus, the region of the brain associated with memory, decision making, and learning. After 9 days, levels were down 37%.

“Nine days is a long time in the life span of a rat,” said Frank, noting that rats live on average for two to three years.

He notes that cortisol is a critical anti-inflammatory, helps convert fuel into energy and is important for regulating blood pressure and the sleep-wake cycle and keeping the immune response to infection in check. One recent study showed that people with Long COVID tend to have low cortisol levels. So do people with chronic fatigue syndrome, research shows.

“Cortisol has so many beneficial properties that if it is reduced it can have a host of negative consequences,” said Frank.

Immune Response to Stressors in Exposed Rats​

In another experiment, the researchers exposed different groups of rats to an immune stressor (a weakened bacteria) and observed their heart rate, temperature, and behavior as well as the activity of immune cells in the brain called glial cells.

They found that the group of rats that had previously been exposed to the COVID protein S1 responded far more strongly to the stressor, with more pronounced changes in eating, drinking, behavior, core body temperature, and heart rate, more neuroinflammation and stronger activation of glial cells.

Implications for Long COVID Treatments​

“We show for the first time that exposure to antigens left behind by this virus can actually change the immune response in the brain so that it overreacts to subsequent stressors or infection,” said Frank.

He stresses that the study was in animals and that more research is necessary to determine whether and how low cortisol might lead to Long COVID symptoms in people.

But he theorizes that the process might go something like this: COVID antigens lower cortisol, which serves to keep inflammatory responses to stressors in check in the brain. Once a stressor arises – whether it be a bad day at work, a mild infection, or a hard workout – the brain’s inflammatory response is unleashed without those limits and serious symptoms come screaming back.

Those might include, fatigue, depression, brain fog, insomnia, and memory problems. Frank said he is doubtful that cortisol treatments alone could be an effective treatment for Long COVID, as they would not get at the root cause and come with a host of side effects. Instead, the findings suggest that identifying and minimizing different stressors might help manage symptoms.

Searching for Solutions

Rooting out the source of antigens –including tissue reservoirs where bits of virus continue to hide out – might also be an approach worth exploring, he suggests.

The study was funded by the nonprofit PolyBio Research Foundation. More research is underway.

“There are many individuals out there suffering from this debilitating syndrome. This research gets us closer to understanding what, neurobiologically, is going on and how cortisol may be playing a role,” said Frank.

Reference: “SARS-CoV-2 S1 subunit produces a protracted priming of the neuroinflammatory, physiological, and behavioral responses to a remote immune challenge: A role for corticosteroids” by Matthew G. Frank, Jayson B. Ball, Shelby Hopkins, Tel Kelley, Angelina J. Kuzma, Robert S. Thompson, Monika Fleshner and Steven F. Maier, 21 July 2024, Brain, Behavior, and Immunity.
DOI: 10.1016/j.bbi.2024.07.034

A pox spread by males having anal sex. I take it you refer to monkey pox? It is spread by physical human contact with another person and with contact with bedding etc on which have have lain those with monkey pox. It is, primarily, a contagious virus although there have been incidences of pulmonary infection. Whether or not anal sex involving males matters, it is irrelevant as the dominant number of cases involve contagion; naturally, if one male with monkey pox has any form of sex with another male, that other male could well catch this contagious illness.

If readers have read widely about Covid vaccines they will be aware that of the approximately 64 000 000 vaccinations injected in Australia, approximately 140 000 adverse reactions have occurred as of November 2023 as records after that date seem no longer to being kept by the TGA. These adverse events do not recognise the exaggerated number of many deaths from vaccination that appear to populate the social media, they do include pericarditis (with which I am familiar) and they do include myocarditis which is an inflammation of heart muscle. What I have read of reviews of academic papers touching on those two types of adverse events, both of those vaccine-related inflammations generally subside in a few weeks, as has been my own experience. However both can be alarming, especially if the afflicted does not understand what is happening; and in some instances the inflammation may aggravate a pre-existing condition. All vaccinations can have adverse effects; I was absolutely flattened by the typhoid vaccination I had some years ago; it wasn't the first I had had and those previous had simply resulted in a sore arm for half day.

The Covid vaccine has never given 100% certainty of prevention of infection and there will be a peak period within the 6 month booster interval when it does. The virus mutates very quickly, which is one problem. However, there is enough published research by assorted reputable research institutes that demonstrates that the Covid vaccine can stop infection, may well ameliorate infection, and may reduce the chance of developing long-Covid. Thus it will lessen the spread of the virus. Were we to wear and use properly the N95 face mask, especially in crowded places, there is also enough published academic research to demonstrate also that those, too, act the reduce spread of virus-bearing droplets (range of sneeze snot, 26ft as tested) which would also serve to minimise spread, and of course the cost to our community, of Covid.

Those who rabbit on about the Great Covid Control Conspiracy via the UN and WHO and Albanese etc etc etc, and there are some of those who who inject their stupidities into SDC's comments pages, deserve all the rudeness a scientist may offer them as they simply do not WANT to learn.

Thank you for your comments. If you wish to read a large collection of reviews about aspects of the Covid pandemic I recommend SciTech Daily: it is a well presented e-zine that is published daily, it is free, all reviews contain the appropriate reference(s) to the research papers documenting the details in the review and it contains a great deal of information from medical research to water on the Moon and Mars to Dinosaurs to new forms of batteries for electric cars etc. Great for kids' school projects as well.
@Rob44 said:
" ... both of those vaccine-related inflammations generally subside in a few weeks ..."

You might like to check on Myocarditis that is vax-related, or from ANY cause.

The illness is from 5 years to life in my understanding.
It is a serious life-threatening condition.

I suppose you have a reliable source that says:
" ... both of those vaccine-related inflammations generally subside in a few weeks ..." ?

Looks like you are set in your beliefs, Rob44, as I am in mine.

• Haha
Reactions: freedy50
@Rob44 said:
" ... both of those vaccine-related inflammations generally subside in a few weeks ..."

" ... both of those vaccine-related inflammations generally subside in a few weeks ..." ?

You wouldn't have read the stuff I read that is helpful, Rob44, because you are stuck in your self-belief, whereas there are many sources of remedies that are recommended by NIH Published papers. (And much more containing information that was laughed at as "conspiracy" but is now recognised as being accurate and correct.)

You disregarded much of the information I posted, where some simpleton simply wrote "Verbose."

"We propose a base spike detoxification protocol, composed of oral nattokinase, bromelain, and curcumin. This approach holds immense promise as a base of clinical care, upon which additional therapeutic agents are applied with the goal of aiding in the resolution of post-acute sequelae after SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 vaccination."

Anyway - I realise we have come to the fork in the road, and one went right and the other went left.

Last edited:
People need to wake up and smell the BS! The criminal director of WHO, Gehbreysus has plans to enslave this entire planet and they intend to do it by deliberately creating these 'outbreaks' just like they did with covid. The WHO is in bed with the crooked UN and the WEF and they are NOT our friends! Do not fall for this ploy again! Do NOT buy into the media's fear and panic causing narrative. Do NOT comply with their profit motivated push for more fake vaccines that have been proven not only ineffective but capable of killing people! Those covid vaccines killed more people than covid itself! They are the 'solution' created by the same people that caused the problem. It's all about control and profit.
Covid killed about 7 million people round the world, but you allegedly claim that the vaccine killed more than that. Obviously, you must have some figures available to make a statement like that?

All you've written is a lot of untrue nonsense anyway. Are you seriously suggesting that they killed off all those people round the world just to make a profit out of vaccines? And what control did they have over people and is it still going on? Other then in your mind of course.

@Rob44 said:

Part of which states........
"
""Many popular posts on social media have shared results from the study, some lacking the context that the identified health problems are rare, that most aren’t new and that the vaccines have proven benefits. Various posts made unfounded claims, stating or implying that people should not have received the vaccines, that the risks outweigh the benefits or that the risk of the rare side effects is greater than was reported in the study.

“Hundreds of millions of people were used as lab rats and now the truth that WE ALL ALREADY KNEW can no longer be denied,” said one popular post, referring to the vaccines as “experimental” and “UNTESTED.” The post shared a screenshot of the headline of a New York Post article about the new study, which read, “COVID vaccines linked to slight increases in heart, brain, blood disorders: study.”

“This thing was forced on people who faced almost no risk from Covid,” said another widely read post. “It is completely unacceptable.” The post shared statistics from the paper without making it clear that serious health problems after vaccination were rare and that risk varied by vaccine type and dose.""

Covid killed about 7 million people round the world, but you allegedly claim that the vaccine killed more than that. Obviously, you must have some figures available to make a statement like that?

All you've written is a lot of untrue nonsense anyway. Are you seriously suggesting that they killed off all those people round the world just to make a profit out of vaccines? And what control did they have over people and is it still going on? Other then in your mind of course.
You seem to have added a few words there - we call it putting words in people's mouths.
The Covid Vaccinations are just warming up.
The numbers of excess deaths is testimony to it.
Health staticians want to hide these deaths, so have instigated a new way of measuring "baseline."
What they have done is added the excess deaths to the previously "normal" deathrates, and voila! no more excess deaths. Excess deaths are now regarded as simply the normal deathrate.

Pretty clever ... mendacious, and quite bad science.

You wouldn't have read the stuff I read that is helpful, Rob44, because you are stuck in your self-belief, whereas there are many sources of remedies that are recommended by NIH Published papers. (And much more containing information that was laughed at as "conspiracy" but is now recognised as being accurate and correct.)

You disregarded much of the information I posted, where some simpleton simply wrote "Verbose."

"We propose a base spike detoxification protocol, composed of oral nattokinase, bromelain, and curcumin. This approach holds immense promise as a base of clinical care, upon which additional therapeutic agents are applied with the goal of aiding in the resolution of post-acute sequelae after SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 vaccination."

Anyway - I realise we have come to the fork in the road, and one went right and the other went left.
NIH published . I am not familiar with the acronym. I will open that url , which to the uninitiated comprises a string of meaningless lower-case letters, gov being the clue eventually attracting my nterest. Given the three names in bold, one by the sounds of it an enzyme, and I will also see what I can find.

Thanks.

Pericarditis; as I said, personal experience. Myocarditis, not so unlucky as far as I know, despite some interesting open heart surgery. However coughing up blood from Covid-irritated lungs which were genetically compromised at birth, and already damaged by the normal wear and tear of life and after finishing a dose of chemotherapy (not lung cancer or I would be thoroughly dead by now), is a trifle alarming and so I assess the risk from the Covid vaccine, or any other vaccine in comparison to the damage that Covid does most certainly cause, to be relatively small. Which is born out by the statistics published by the TGA and as indicated by a number of researchers and other institutes of sound credentials.

The sequelae of Long-Covid are worth pre-empting and can be done (although not guaranteed) by simple practical measures such as the correct wearing of N95 masks , staying at home when infected by any respiratory virus and even by vaccination. That reduces the spread of any respiratory virus into the community; any other treatment that prevents those sequelae; welcome!

PS
That NIH url leads to the National Library of Medicine, USA, and seems a well-organised web-site for searching a myriad of topics. Good stuff; now for some happy hours of reading.

PPS. A fascinating paper explaining how the bug works and the assorted treatments etc that are being researched. Via the NIH website; Search using the button Covid vaccines:

COVID-19 vaccines: The status and perspectives in delivery points of view​

Jee Young Chung,a Melissa N. Thone,a and Young Jik Kwona,b,c,d,⁎
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information PMC Disclaimer

Reactions: Ingot
And another PS.

bromelain and curcumin as an immune-boosting nutraceutical in the prevention of severe COVID-19

From the title of another paper, date 2020: bromelain and curcumin. Derived respectively from pineapples and cumin seed. Basically anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulants, as is cod-liver oil, operating together. Pills available via Amazon, but if one is already on anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. blood thinning medication)?

More copy and paste nonsense.🙄

Best read through this. Will give you more information for your anti vaxxer conspiracy theories. 👍

Although you have reminded me that I haven't had a recent Covid booster vaccine. 🙂
Hurry up and get one, their on special at the mortuary !

They are or They're. Please, if you wish to maintain your ignorant cynicism in public, be careful with your typographic errors. Sometimes the spell-checker fails to recognise them.
That’s the best you got ?
Sad really, boost that

• Haha
Reactions: freedy50
No, just a very polite reminder that some people might believe that the foolishness of deliberate and cynical ignorance may be compounded by possible evidence of illiteracy; however, dyslexia is to be understood as not resulting from cynical ignorance.

So what bug caused me to cough up fresh blood during last Xmas after testing positive for Covid? It was not TB, nor lung cancer nor pneumonia. Yes, those tests can give false positives, and also negatives, on occasion but at least a positive result is an alert to get a more exhaustive test by one's GP; however it is a quick and easy test to carry out in one's kitchen. As with British Chain Home radar in 1940 which was by no means perfect, even by the ideal standards of the day, it got the RAF into the air early enough to shoot the living bejasus out of the Luftwaffe thereby possibly deterring the German Army from invading the UK in 1940.

Sometimes second best first is the better strategy.
Rob44
Thanks for the discourse and cordiality ... to coin a word perhaps) ;)
Thanks too for the link to SciTechDaily.com
Some great stuff in there. Has the potential to drag me away from a lot of the other rubbish I seem to get involved with.

Would also like to apologise for my defensiveness.
I have a short fuse when people don't see what I see, and it's no way to have a discussion.

Appreciate that we can talk things through a bit.

Regarding the unfortunate experience you had coughing blood when you had covid, it may or may not have been any tissue destruction as such.
We know Covid can and does cause (in some people & with some mutations of Covid) incessant and deep coughing, that just can't be quelled.

I've had two bouts with Covid - July 15th 2022, and oddly, July 17th 2024. Exctly 2 yrs apart.
Both episodes made themselves known to me with sore throat and headache. No severe coughing during the acute phase, but that came long after I was essentially well again.
Short duration both times.

But have wondered why the bleeding?
You could consider the intense pressure that builds up in the lungs with compression designed to help us expel phlegm/mucous, when the coughing spasms strike.
As well, the lungs get quite sticky and adherent, particularly the bronchioles, and can plug up, inhibiting gas exchange, and causing shortness of breath.

Bronchiectasis can be a longer-term issue, and rarely, atelectasis.

Am sure you know that.
So it might have been a combination of the pulmonary pressures within the blood vessels in the lung tissue itself, or inflammation caused by the virus, exacerbating the inflamed patches, making them more susceptible to haemorrhage during coughing spasms.

Just some thoughts. I'm no doctor.

What did your doctors think?
They'd have (hopefully) throught this through as well as you likely have yourself.

Last edited:
Rob44
Thanks for the discourse and cordiality ... to coin a word perhaps) ;)
Thanks too for the link to SciTechDaily.com
Some great stuff in there. Has the potential to drag me away from a lot of the other rubbish I seem to get involved with.

Would also like to apologise for my defensiveness.
I have a short fuse when people don't see what I see, and it's no way to have a discussion.

Appreciate that we can talk things through a bit.

Regarding the unfortunate experience you had coughing blood when you had covid, it may or may not have been any tissue destruction as such.
We know Covid can and does cause (in some people & with some mutations of Covid) incessant and deep coughing, that just can't be quelled.

I've had two bouts with Covid - July 15th 2022, and oddly, July 17th 2024. Exctly 2 yrs apart.
Both episodes made themselves known to me with sore throat and headache. No severe coughing during the acute phase, but that came long after I was essentially well again.
Short duration both times.

But have wondered why the bleeding?
You could consider the intense pressure that builds up in the lungs with compression designed to help us expel phlegm/mucous, when the coughing spasms strike.
As well, the lungs get quite sticky and adherent, particularly the bronchioles, and can plug up, inhibiting gas exchange, and causing shortness of breath.

Bronchiectasis can be a longer-term issue, and rarely, atelectasis.

Am sure you know that.
So it might have been a combination of the pulmonary pressures within the blood vessels in the lung tissue itself, or inflammation caused by the virus, exacerbating the inflamed patches, making them more susceptible to haemorrhage during coughing spasms.

Just some thoughts. I'm no doctor.

What did your doctors think?
They'd have (hopefully) throught this through as well as you likely have yourself.
Probably a bit of both; definitely reduced my remaining lung capacity overnight. Lung specialist basically said, "Oh dear, that's bad", when looking at the scan and referred me to cardio-pulmonary exercise physiotherapy, which is fun and run by some excellent nurses.

A thought arising out of a couple papers, the one in which rats got injected with the S1 fragment of the Covid spike and the more recent one I have just read covering details of vaccine research and a clear breakdown of assorted parts of the Covid virus and what they do to us; if the S1 part of the Covid spikes are present any vaccine then that could engender certain inflammations reported amongst the list of adverse events. However 64 million vaccinations and 140 000 adverse events is reasonable odds in favour of vaccinations, given what Covid can do.

Reactions: freedy50 and Ingot
A thought arising out of a couple papers, the one in which rats got injected with the S1 fragment of the Covid spike and the more recent one I have just read covering details of vaccine research and a clear breakdown of assorted parts of the Covid virus and what they do to us; if the S1 part of the Covid spikes are present any vaccine then that could engender certain inflammations reported amongst the list of adverse events. However 64 million vaccinations and 140 000 adverse events is reasonable odds in favour of vaccinations, given what Covid can do.
0.21% and given that the world was told (and saw) how savage the original Delta virus was, there was little option but to use what they had.
Hindsight revealed what couldn't be known at the time.
I still have some reservations, but have opened up a little now.
More reading ...

And the biggest killers in Australia was, and still is, heart disease, cancer and dementia.

Obviously various people at the time latched on to the anti vaxxer bandwagon and are still on it for some reason?

0.21% and given that the world was told (and saw) how savage the original Delta virus was, there was little option but to use what they had.
Hindsight revealed what couldn't be known at the time.
I still have some reservations, but have opened up a little now.
More reading ...
It would be great if the TGA were to circulate say 10 000 vaccinated people with a simple questionnaire to determine what adverse effects they suffered, from what vaccines and after how many jabs. It would be revealing.

Thinking about my own experience, 6 jabs, first two Astra Zeneca , next four both Pfizer and Moderna and I had no problems at all. As mentioned the new Omicron (presumed) got me as my 5th booster, one not new-Omicron friendly, was due for replacement by booster #6 in 10 days time , hence on Xmas Day and 4-5 days later I was coughing up fresh blood from already well-worn lungs. An additional factor in play could have been that I had completed a 12 week course of chemotherapy about 6 weeks before the bug got me and my toenails etc were still falling off, so my immune system overall could have been less good than it could have been, and, coupled with lungs not happy about inflammation since birth, Bob Omicron Jr. was my uncle .

There will be assorted experiences and documenting those would be valuable; it would be an interesting project for a biomedical research team at one our universities. Or maybe there is something already in the NIH archives.

It would be great if the TGA were to circulate say 10 000 vaccinated people with a simple questionnaire to determine what adverse effects they suffered, from what vaccines and after how many jabs. It would be revealing.

Thinking about my own experience, 6 jabs, first two Astra Zeneca , next four both Pfizer and Moderna and I had no problems at all. As mentioned the new Omicron (presumed) got me as my 5th booster, one not new-Omicron friendly, was due for replacement by booster #6 in 10 days time , hence on Xmas Day and 4-5 days later I was coughing up fresh blood from already well-worn lungs. An additional factor in play could have been that I had completed a 12 week course of chemotherapy about 6 weeks before the bug got me and my toenails etc were still falling off, so my immune system overall could have been less good than it could have been, and, coupled with lungs not happy about inflammation since birth, Bob Omicron Jr. was my uncle .

There will be assorted experiences and documenting those would be valuable; it would be an interesting project for a biomedical research team at one our universities. Or maybe there is something already in the NIH archives.
As far as I can see, there is reluctance to conduct this kind of research - too expensive, and the outcome could not be trusted.
Why?
It might be difficult to find 10,000 random people who could be classified as "certainly inbiased."
Some might have a friend, or relative affected - even as hearsay - that could skew results.
So the questions would need to attempt to negate bias in this regard.

Another possibility is to try to include questions that would give a voice to those who might admit to bias this way, but who personally did not suffer side effects.

I think your idea has merit, and could be done.
And I see the value in it as well.

One thing that has fuelled the vaccine-hesitance, has been the deplatforming of well-respected doctors and medical researchers familiar with immunology and virology.

A second factor is the shut-down of social media channels and comments regarding negative outcome analogies.

In short - Censorship.

Then there has been the deregistration of professional folk who advocated that Ivermectin be allowed to be used at the very first sign of symptoms, or even prophylactically.

And finally, the victimisation of people who attempted to have discussionon on SM that went against the official narrative.

People saw this as an attempt to control and gag dissent. But govt didn't want this - they had a Pandemic on their hands and wanted to squash it.
That was fair.

But I think they should have engaged in discussion and debate at visible scientific levels. People are not stupid, though you may never convince the true conspiracy theorist, or the true antivaxxer.

Personally I think the deaf ear of authorities, and the threat of (and actual) high profile deregistration of some doctors ( one of whom was a personal acquantance of mine, who I worked for in his clinic on the Sunshine Coast, Qld) did a fair bit of harm to the govt narrative.

Instead, they could have used the experiences of people who were looking for alternatives to a new, potentially gene-altering, experimental vaccine, to learn something.

Australia was well-placed to lead the world in this research and experimentation amongst people willing to risk the virus effects.

But look now - when MonkeyPox, and other viruses break out - the WHO attracts suspicion and ridicule. And authorities are still covering up, as seen in European court cases, looking into what was known, and what was lied about.

We can do better, by having a bit more faith in people, by bringing them along with the narrative, instead of fighting to stop dissent.

Thoughts?

Last edited: