How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

• I did

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I did not

Votes: 75 89.3%

• Total voters
Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
No I did not receive the increase I would like to know why

It usually depends on which day your pension is paid. I received a small amount because from the day it started to the day my pension was due was only a couple of days.
It will be the full amount next pension day
It has always been this way with my pension, just check and see what day your pension was paid and compare start date, perhaps you were paid the day the increase started, in which case you won't get your rise until next pension day.

Reactions: siameezer
I didn't get the increase. Centrelink pay my pension on Saturdays but it isn't technically due until Mondays. I'm annoyed. I received about $12. What this is I haven't a clue. A placation? I checked on Centrelink website and the full raise is to be paid next fortnight. This truly sucks.
Lesley
Gippsland
Vic.
This is a prorata payment as you only get paid from the date of the rise, e.g.if the rise was from the 20th and your pension date is the 21st then obviously you only get 1 day, or 2 days, etc. depending on your pension
date.
You will get the full rise next time.
No rip off here, just plain common sense. People please put your brain into gear.

• Love

Hello!

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

No my pension stays at 0 because my wife works one day.
Is there anything I can do?
Roys

have not been paid yet until monday 27th 2023 have to wait and see 🙃

Hello!

Not me or my wife.

Hello!

It starts from Monday,you won’t receive it till your next payment.

I’m a self funded retiree , never received a cent from Centrelink.
Been brought up to save money for later and invest it wisely.

I agree with ronmas. I did receive the daily rate as our pension goes in on a different day to others I know.. I don't think it is paid in advance as some years ago when my father passed away his payment was actually put in his bank account on the day he died. I advised his passing the following day of his death not knowing about the payment which they then told me had to be paid back . So it seems to me that they pay in advance but when it comes to the increase it is NOT paid in advance Strange.

I am waiting for my first pension in April, then I will get the increase but it seems that I will only get some $ 27.00 & no increase on the rent help. I checked on the payments page on the Centrelink page I don't know why I get no increase in the rent help as my rent has gone up by $35.00 a week & we have been here for 15 years.

What a rip-off, but then every pension rise is. The info put out there kept saying "we will get a pension rise on 20th March. Most of us dont get the rise until 2 weeks later"

• Angry
As a former Centrelink employee, I know Centrelink payments are paid in arrears. I received part of the increase this payment, next fortnight will be the full increase.

• Love