How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

• I did

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I did not

Votes: 75 89.3%

• Total voters
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!

Hello!

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

I did not. But get the full increase first pay in April.

Hello!

Not only that but there’s no mention in the increase I’ve received advising of the rise of the extra that we didn’t get this week on the Centrelink app so next payday there’s only the slated rise no payback for the previous.

Hello!

Pensions are paid in arrears. They are not 'holding it' as some are saying. I think you will find you got a small increase, which is either one or two days at the new rate.

No I did not get the increase, still waiting for Centrelink to get back to me on amount as they calculated my pension on 20/21 tax became a pensioner on 27 Feb 2023 have lodged 2021/22 with them and still waiting for them to advise us. We are disputing the amount calculated they originally said I would be getting , told to lodge our 21/22 tax return asap which we did the amount they have originally stated is well below the couples pension full amount. Centrelink very hard to deal with and your wait time is now 1 1/2 hours at least and that using the seniors number. And when you do get through they can not give you any information, and advise the complex agent will get back to you !!!!!!!!!

Hello!

I did not get it either

Reactions: paulamc52 and Ricci
I'm in the minority, when I say, I don't want my aged pension increased. In Australia, as an aged pensioner, I have a level two Home Care package, which ensures free support with all kinds of things, gardening, housework, etc. I get a monthly U.K pension, because I nursed there for 18 years. Tax payers foot the bill for these increases, I believe many are struggling with cost of living increases. I've never smoked, used illicit drugs, or alcohol, so monthly financial outgoings are small. At my age, I'm blessed, in that, after decades of hard work, I don't want for anything. I suppose, coming from a ' caring for others ' mentality, I'm concerned with others. I understand, many pensioners aren't as fortunate as am I, perhaps, live in rented accommodation, and struggle financially. I would really like to share some insights into Home Care package , and the massive 'routs' that occur. Input would be appreciated. Regards to the team, and all the members.

Hello!

No

Reactions: Ricci
I worked for Centrelink for 27 years, this is how it works. Everyone is paid a daily rate of pension, so if the fortnightly increase to the pension is $37.50, divide that by 14 to get a daily increase of $2.67. So for example if your pension went into your bank account on Thursday March 23rd, Centrelink send your pension to the bank 2 days before it actually reaches your account so for a pension in the bank of March 23rd, it's sent on March 21st which means this would only have 2 days worth of pension increase in it, March 20th and March 21st. 2 days of $2.67 increase so overall your pension for that fortnight would be $5.34 higher than normal - 12 days at the old rate and 2 days at the new rate. You'll get the full $37.50 in the next pension .