SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Did you have a special nickname given to you by your loved ones?

Helloooo, dear members. For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, I'd love to know if you had a special nickname given to you by your loved ones! Something witty, funny or maybe even a bit embarrassing? Don’t lie—we all had one!

My nan used to cheekily call me 'little Britney'... Not because I looked anything like the pop princess, Britney Spears (oh, I could only wish), but because 2-year-old me would immediately get up on my feet and dance when they play any of her songs. She still happily recounts those memories to this day when I invite new friends over to embarrass me! But you know what, it just goes to show how much she loves me. ;)

How about you? Share your story with us in the comments below.

My nickname was relatively normal, I always got called 'possum' or 'poss'. But my dad had the funniest nicknames for my cousins! He used to call them 'puffer' and 'choppers'. 'Puffer' got her nickname because apparently as a baby she was very puffy :ROFLMAO: Then 'choppers' got her nickname because as soon as she got teeth, she would chomp on anything she could get her hands on!

Helloooo, dear members. For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, I'd love to know if you had a special nickname given to you by your loved ones! Something witty, funny or maybe even a bit embarrassing? Don’t lie—we all had one!

My nan used to cheekily call me 'little Britney'... Not because I looked anything like the pop princess, Britney Spears (oh, I could only wish), but because 2-year-old me would immediately get up on my feet and dance when they play any of her songs. She still happily recounts those memories to this day when I invite new friends over to embarrass me! But you know what, it just goes to show how much she loves me. ;)

Simple bit of maths and we now all know your age. 😉 @Sethia Soliman

I had a toy donkey, I called dinky donkey, so I was called miss dinky donkey all the time (😱😵‍💫😕😳😳😳

My oldest brother nicknamed me “Pid”. He was about 12 when I was born and one day he came home from school and picked me up to say hello to me. Mum was in the midst of changing my nappy at the time, so when he picked me up I piddled all over him. 🤣🤣🤣 (Served him right!) 😉 Anyhow, the nickname stuck and 60 years down the track I’m still referred to as Pid.

My nickname was Mocha from the time I was a baby. It seems we drank a lot of coffee/chocolate being Swiss and I couldn't get enough of it. At that time water was not great to drink so I was raised on that and wine. Still love it and my Mum called me that to the day she died a few years ago.

Daddy long legs or stork because my legs were so long and stick thin skinny😻

Nellie bly court a fly tied it to a string was what I got when at primary but as I got older it was hopeless as that is my middle name,my husband used to say your mother named you well when we had a discussion.....?

As a very little girl our next door neighbour used to call me Splodger. I never understood why and was incensed. Used to say to the Lady of the House: “Mrs Issy will you tell that Bob Allen to not call me Splodger!”
Then as a teenager I decided that to abbreviate Susan to Sue, when it does not contain an ‘e’ , was dumb...so my Su has no ‘e’. And I have had to explain that for the rest of my 78 years....🥴

I was originally called Little Johnny Pink as a child then known as Johnny Pink for a long while, then Johnno, then because my first names lionel people called me that, so often I tried it on, but it wasn't me... Now I'm back to me Johnny Pink.

Hilariously I discovered about a year back while figuring the time will come again where I'll need to lionise myself in public, that when I wrote lionel pink lionel Pink consecutively that a pink Lion appears in my name ... how cool is that.

As a very little girl our next door neighbour used to call me Splodger. I never understood why and was incensed. Used to say to the Lady of the House: “Mrs Issy will you tell that Bob Allen to not call me Splodger!”
Then as a teenager I decided that to abbreviate Susan to Sue, when it does not contain an ‘e’ , was dumb...so my Su has no ‘e’. And I have had to explain that for the rest of my 78 years....🥴
Susan to Sue is a bit like Refrigerator shortened to Fridge .... where did the D come from?